pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
r-win said:
pepxl said:
Maisto said:
When i go out of the settings menu i got the messege that there are no games. but i have

USB(FAT32):/wbfs/SPPEFS_Power Punch/SPPEFS.wbfs

and then i only have the options to go to settings. there other normaly "hidden" options is not there. so i cannot access the credits info pages.

heres your problem

r-winEdit: removed USB:/wbfs/GAMEID_Game Title (Be Creative).wbfs as posibility. That is not possible tongue.gif
Thanks oggzee, for notifying me.
Heh...you're confusing things now
smile.gif

He tried: USB(FAT32):/wbfs/SPPEFS_Power Punch/SPPEFS.wbfs
I removed: USB:/wbfs/GAMEID_Game Title (Be Creative).wbfs
You see the difference here? The one I removed doesn't use directories, the one Maisto tried does. The variant Maisto has, is indeed correct and should work.

oops lol yeah / slightly misread sorry about thats

@Maisto

ignore my last dumb ass post lol

r0bb12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
r-win said:
r0bb12 said:
pepxl said:
probably because your NTFS partition isnt the 1st partition your FAT is
Try as 1st : doesn't works
try as 2nd : doesn't works
Well, it shouldn't matter. My NTFS partition is 3rd. FAT is 1st, WBFS is second. Anyway, order shouldn't matter. The whole partition table is used, even the logical one. Oggzee wrote a nice piece of code for that. Anyway, we'll have to test a bit more on NTFS, I guess...
Yep!
Also, in the 7th page of config, I never see FAT1, only WBFS1 or NTFS1 and some times corrupt characters (USB Key with FAT, NTFS and WBFS partitions) I notice I must clic 2 times on arrow (left or right when select partition) to switch between WBFS1 and NTFS1, but only 1 time to switch between NTFS1 and WBFS1

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all,

first of all thanks to the devs.... I made some tests on R36 and I just would like to share my experience...

I have cIOS249 rev17 and cIOS222 v4... i have all the config files (themes and cache folder, language.ini, titles.ini, wiiflow.ini) in SD:/apps/wiiflow/ as required starting from R31
I have the covers in the root of the SD, and the corresponding needed paths are set in the wiiflow.ini file

In my first attempts I had no way to use the loader... always error "WBFS_open failed"....
Then I cancelled the wiiflow.ini file and the music changed....

The loader is somewhat buggy, but the FAT32 support works....

I tested my three HD (all of them with a single partition, the first WBFS formatted, the second FAT32 formatted, the third one is NTFS)

- No problems at all with the WBFS HD, games loaded, covers shown, config screens in italian language as requested

- The games are loaded in the FAT32 HD, but no covers are shown and everything is in english and not italian (it seems that the wiiflow.ini settings and the languages.ini file are not loaded and hence the loader does not speak italian and does not know where to find the covers)

- No way to use the NTFS HD... I just received "WBFS_open failed" error, configuring the default partition either in NTFS1, FAT1, or WBFS1...

I hope these infos might be useful to the devs to remove the bugs...

Thanks to the devs for the very good job done...

By the way, I took care about the italian translation of WiiFlow when Hibernatus was the dev.... of course I am ready to update the translation, just let me know ....

Cambo

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well I recieve WBFS_OPEN failed -1 error at startup. IOS222 v4 already installed and I changed partition: WBFS1 in the wiiflow.ini to partition: NTFS1. Any ideas?

However, reading from a FAT and WBFS partition works flawlessly.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
hm my forwarder starts neither usb:/wiiflow/boot.dol nor usb:/apps/wiiflow/boot.dol anymore.

downloading front covers works.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Just tried r36 for the first time, both wbfs and fat partitions worked with no issues at present. Havent tried much only launching games I already had on my Wii HD, partition 1 wbfs and partition 2 FAT. I will try my NTFS drive later..gotta play games at present.

Thank you r-win.

Robotic Earthlin

Trophies
XP
Country
I am also getting the WBFS_OPEN failed -1 error at startup. I have IOS222 v4 installed and I put partition=FAT1 in wiiflow.ini. The FAT partition is the only partition on my hard drive.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fluffykiwi said:
Just tried r36 for the first time, both wbfs and fat partitions worked with no issues at present. Havent tried much only launching games I already had on my Wii HD, partition 1 wbfs and partition 2 FAT. I will try my NTFS drive later..gotta play games at present.

Thank you r-win.
You don't have to test NTFS at present, since I've already fixed a stupid (small) bug in my working copy. It will be fixed in the next test revision.

WAIKIKI728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks r-win...

I have tried today with sd card...

And it´s strange...

Wiifow just loads fron usb...
Not form sd..so the covers...from 75 games...i only have 25 HQ covers...Is this normal or i miss somehting?¿?

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm look if you have the right paths set in the wiiflow.ini (they are most likely set to usb:/wiiflow/boxcovers and so on) or if data_on_usb is set to yes

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Pippin666 said:
I am reallly starting to think that wiiflow is a waste of time and effort.

Pip'
Then use another loader...

If all the Bugs are fixed, I'll switch from CFG-Loader back to WiiFlow. It has all features you need (except FanArt
tongue.gif
), it doesn't need new big features like sorting/disc loading/etc. . I just want it to be bug free and up-to-date with the Cheat-Engine/cIOS, and then it's the best loader in my opinion. The GUI is still the best one you can get (with ALL Homebrew-Apps).

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
First thanks to the team for the NTFS/FAT support !

I confirm that my NTFS1 partition isn't detected (error -1).

Hope this will be improved soon coz eagerly want to be back on WiiFlow Style
wink.gif

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
we already have an unflawwed way of loading wii games... why are we trying for more? making my fave loader buggy. if you want to keep files on the same hard drive you keep your games just do what i do!!! i made a 15 gb fat32 partition and made it active and primary then i made the rest 985gb a wbfs drive also active...

i can load homebrew and keep wiiflow covers and such on hard drive as well as a HUGE wbfs partition... its win win.

PLUS if any of you out there are like me and use a ppc mac(no windows emulation whatsoever(well there is but it does not work))) , there is no real way to covert my iso's for fat32 playback.

are the covers downloading ok again?
why add something and break another.
not going to update my revision untill i see that everything it had is back again.

also making all these extra buttons is really messing up the poor themers.
why cant we have it auto detect fat32, wbfs, or ntfs. or a menu that pops up while loading the program..

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will wiiflow work when using separate usb drives? i have a 16GB flash drive formatted with FAT which i use to store apps and .wads and such(which is currently connected to the back of my wii) and a portable 500GB(partitioned to have 340GB wbfs & 120GB ntfs[for windows usage]) usb hdd WBFS formatted which isn't connected as of now. so what i'm asking here is that since wiiflow needs a wbfs drive and a FAT drive, will it work if i use the usb flash drive first upon loading the app and then switching it out for the wbfs formatted hdd? also, i use a 1GB sd card specially stored with many wiiware games that is almost all filled up, but with 14-15 MB remaining.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
terminal_illness said:
why cant we have it auto detect fat32, wbfs, or ntfs.
It should already do that...
QUOTE(wiimanizer @ Mar 14 2010, 10:35 PM) will wiiflow work when using separate usb drives? i have a 16GB flash drive formatted with FAT which i use to store apps and .wads and such(which is currently connected to the back of my wii) and a portable 500GB(partitioned to have 340GB wbfs & 120GB ntfs [for windows usage]) usb hdd WBFS formatted which isn't connected as of now. so what i'm asking here is that since wiiflow needs a wbfs drive and a FAT drive, will it work if i use the usb flash drive first upon loading the app and then switching it out for the wbfs formatted hdd? also, i use a 1GB sd card specially stored with many wiiware games that is almost all filled up, but with 14-15 MB remaining.
At the first start of WiiFlow, it checks if there's a FAT32-Partition on your Drive. If there isn't, it places itself (and all Covers/Themes/etc.) in the SD. So you'll need a FAT32 AND WBFS (if you want to load from WBFS. You could also load from FAT32/NTFS) active at the same time. Switching won't work. And 14-15 MB should be enough for WiiFlow itself, but you won't have any space for covers/themes/etc., so it's kinda useless...

Though, the NTFS-Lib is getting better, maybe sometimes WiiFlow can write Games/Images/etc. on an NTFS-Partition...but not right now.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
If all the Bugs are fixed, I'll switch from CFG-Loader back to WiiFlow. It has all features you need (except FanArt
tongue.gif
), it doesn't need new big features like sorting/disc loading/etc. . I just want it to be bug free and up-to-date with the Cheat-Engine/cIOS, and then it's the best loader in my opinion. The GUI is still the best one you can get (with ALL Homebrew-Apps).

nIxx released a dol for the FanArt Implementation...its at googlecode.
missed it?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Pakatus said:
Blue-K said:
tongue.gif

nIxx released a dol for the FanArt Implementation...its at googlecode.
missed it?
Realy o.o? Yeah, kinda missed it...and honestly, I even can't find it on Googlecode...can you point me to it please? And the Art has to be 640x480, right?

@TeenTin: You'll see in the next version...but it's looking good
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?