Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

DaFluX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maybe he could alter the forwarder itself to 3 different Wiiflow folders? One for each of his kid then?

Wiiflow1 -> apps/Wiiflow folder1
Wiiflow2 -> apps/Wiiflow folder2
Wiiflow3 -> apps/Wiiflow folder3

And then from the Wii Menu Make 3 different Wiiflow icons that redirect to a different folder?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe he could alter the forwarder itself to 3 different Wiiflow folders? One for each of his kid then?

And then from the Wii Menu Make 3 different Wiiflow icons that redirect to a different folder?

this wouldn't work for one reason, the dol file would be the same, so no matter what you do it would launch the same wiiflow. though you could get away with doing it, just launching the wiiflow from homebrew channel. (i.e. kidsflow.ect.). but that would also cause some confusion.(among the kids.). though it only takes me less then 20sec to rename. then launch with the ini i need.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

The trick would then be how to avoid the kids clicking on the wrong forwarder.
I guess the ones you wanted blocked you could hide ALL the games and put the parental lock on ... but I'm sure that's not what you're looking for.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No because I tought there was something wrong with Wiiflow and not the stick but after I read your part about the corrupted DB I tought that could be my problem?
How do i do that scan? just whith windows Checkdisk?
Yes, just run a scandisk. I've had to delete the cache/lists files too after the scandisk (and letting it fix any problems it finds).

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
@matto21/Fledge68 r875, choosing allplugins restarts WiiFlow, I get no code dump, WiiFlow just restarts back up and loads up the last view. Although with just 2 of my plugins the game count easily goes over 1200 so maybe it just can't handle that many games. I don't use allplugins at the most I combine 3.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@matto21/Fledge68 r875, choosing allplugins restarts WiiFlow, I get no code dump, WiiFlow just resstartsband loads up the last view. Although with just 2 of my plugins the game count easily goes over 1200 so maybe it just can't handle that many games. I don't use allplugins at the most I combine 3.
I don't combine but have 1189 on my 2TB drive and almost 1300 on my 3TB drive and it doesn't code dump on my but I am only using regular Wii games. May be something with the combination.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
^^ Yea agreed, I have every HQ cover that's on Mastershoes thread and more, and your covers for the games I don't have covers for, there's no way in hell it could handle all that. The allplugins button is useless for me but not everyone has such an how to put it.. "excessive" collection it would definitely be neat for the people that have a couple of hundred games.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
you can make your own allplugin button by adding the magic numbers of the plugins separated by commas. This way you can display what you want and stay below the memory limit, I use this method in my latest pack and ppl can easily edit the source menu ini to get what they're looking for.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
So I have found 2 more consistently and easily reproduce-able bugs.

@Fledge68/Matto21, I can confirm that Wii game launching in ANY combined view is broken. Whether I choose all plugins or not, even the TurboGrafx plugin which has very few roms combined with Wii games will cause an immediate code dump once u attempt to launch a Wii game. I'll get a pic of the codedump later tonight when I get a chance. I'll also check if the plugin games can be launched instead combined with Wii games.

Also my allplugins issue is funny. If I open the source menu and hit the "B" button on allplugins button, WiiFlow resets itself every single time. If I hit "A" I see the allplugins view with no problem, I can even combine it with Wii and eNAND views but I must choose allplugins first then reopen source menu and choose the additional source menu buttons.

@Abz when u get the chance can u please test these on your setup to have some solid confirmation. Thanks, I ask because I don't have every single plugin that I have an icon for in the source menu setup yet so maybe that's causing issues for me.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

@Fledge68/Matto21, I can confirm that Wii game launching in ANY combined view is broken. Whether I choose all plugins or not, even the TurboGrafx plugin which has very few roms combined with Wii games will cause an immediate code dump once u attempt to launch a Wii game. I'll get a pic of the codedump later tonight when I get a chance. I'll also check if the plugin games can be launched instead combined with Wii games.

Also my allplugins issue is funny. If I open the source menu and hit the "B" button on allplugins button, WiiFlow resets itself every single time. If I hit "A" I see the allplugins view with no problem, I can even combine it with Wii and eNAND views but I must choose allplugins first then reopen source menu and choose the additional source menu buttons.

@Abz when u get the chance can u please test these on your setup to have some solid confirmation. Thanks, I ask because I don't have every single plugin that I have an icon for in the source menu setup yet so maybe that's causing issues for me.
Just checked and everything is working fine for me. What is your setup? here's mine:

no emusaves for wii games
everything on usb and one big fat32 partition

My guess right now at what your problem might be is that it might have something to do with handling the partitions if you guys have a hard drive with multiple partitions and maybe even use your SD card and it might even be related to using emusaves for wii games. So let me know where all your games are and on what partition and if you use emusaves or an SD card.

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was browsing on the SDL mame unofficial update thread and came across this by Toadking

if you feel like learning how to compile the emulator, you can edit it to put command line arguments back in and then just change the meta.xml file to include the game you want to play as an argument.

It sure would be awsome to have MAME in my Wiiflow.
Also I read somewhere that MAME accepts arguments for display size too.

So I thought that didn't sound too hard. I dl'd devkitpro from wiibrew, but I can't even find where to get the source code.

P.S. I've never compiled anything, but Willing to Learn.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

bug confirmed
here's the codedump:
11mfbq8.jpg

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Just checked and everything is working fine for me. What is your setup? here's mine:

no emusaves for wii games
everything on usb and one big fat32 partition

My guess right now at what your problem might be is that it might have something to do with handling the partitions if you guys have a hard drive with multiple partitions and maybe even use your SD card and it might even be related to using emusaves for wii games. So let me know where all your games are and on what partition and if you use emusaves or an SD card.
Lol well I fall into both of those categories.

My setup:
Emusaves on
1TB HDD 50GB Fat32 All apps, wiiflow plugins and settings only, DM etc. Rest of HDD NTFS for WBFS and other files >4GB. I have an SD card plugged in as well but it has no WiiFlow files whatsoever.

I will attempt 2 things with my testing tonight. First I will clean up my plugins or set up the ones I'm missing ini's and files for, although icons are there. Secondly I will shut off game save emu and try again. Results to follow.

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Lol well I fall into both of those categories.

My setup:
Emusaves on
1TB HDD 50GB Fat32 All apps, wiiflow plugins and settings only, DM etc. Rest of HDD NTFS for WBFS and other files >4GB. I have an SD card plugged in as well but it has no WiiFlow files whatsoever.

I will attempt 2 things with my testing tonight. First I will clean up my plugins or set up the ones I'm missing ini's and files for, although icons are there. Secondly I will shut off game save emu and try again. Results to follow.

500GB HDD Fat32 All applications and games
for combined view
emunand off, wii games start
but you can not use emunand

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
500GB HDD Fat32 All applications and games
for combined view
emunand off, wii games start
but you can not use emunand
So wii games do work if you don't use emusaves? Otherwise I was thinking it was something to do with wii games being on 2nd ntfs partition.

edit: Abz and MassiveRican can you guys make a wbfs folder on you first fat partition and put a few games in it and then change wiiflow to find that new wbfs partition on your hdd and then test again?

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So wii games do work if you don't use emusaves? Otherwise I was thinking it was something to do with wii games being on 2nd ntfs partition.

edit: Abz and MassiveRican can you guys make a wbfs folder on you first fat partition and put a few games in it and then change wiiflow to find that new wbfs partition on your hdd and then test again?

combined view
wii games do work if you
use emusaves

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Someone has to delete Leo's thread to make him angry