United States
Reactions: 1 person

Razzyness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wiiflow is buggy.. It freezes moving from game box to game box..

What's wrong with it.. =/ I used to really love the UI of wiiflow
but now can't even use it properly .

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I want to thank the developers of wiiflow mod for their hard work. Really appreciated.

And one question: Does r191 support d2x v8 final?
Sure it does

BTW I finally uploaded a translations pack here for r191 which contains chinese simple, danish, dutch, french, german, italian, japanese, portuguese, spanish and a english template for everyone who wanna translate it in other languages. The translations in this pack are 100% finished. They are also unfinished translations here, if somebody translates them just give me a PM, I would be happy about the other languages too :)

Thanks Fix

Cool. Anyone feeling charitable enough to make up a nice friendly WAD pack for those and post it :P ?
Why don't use the pack from my mediafire link on wiiflowiki? :P Wiiflowiki still says beta r41 but its newer ;)

The link doesn't work for me. I get an error 385 from MediaFire

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to thank the developers of wiiflow mod for their hard work. Really appreciated.

And one question: Does r191 support d2x v8 final?
Sure it does

BTW I finally uploaded a translations pack here for r191 which contains chinese simple, danish, dutch, french, german, italian, japanese, portuguese, spanish and a english template for everyone who wanna translate it in other languages. The translations in this pack are 100% finished. They are also unfinished translations here, if somebody translates them just give me a PM, I would be happy about the other languages too :)

Thanks Fix

Cool. Anyone feeling charitable enough to make up a nice friendly WAD pack for those and post it :P ?
Why don't use the pack from my mediafire link on wiiflowiki? :P Wiiflowiki still says beta r41 but its newer ;)

The link doesn't work for me. I get an error 385 from MediaFire
Try this one: http://www.4shared.c...x_v8_Final.html

Or let me know if this works... may avoid all the blasted screens and ads: http://dc539.4shared.com/download/b-kEy2Kt/d2x_v8_Final.zip?tsid=20120313-102741-5fb6c824

I just added it to my 4shared account.

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wiiflow Forwarder
It's just an idea (2 steps to realize that :) (gif2Channel))

cd50bb40b1.gif

Reactions: 2 people

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
2. Since WiiFlow-mod is willing to copy and paste code from other open source projects then any fixes and features
Heh thats normal, miigotu does that often enough too and everyone takes code from other projects :P But thats no copy paste, it needs to be changed really much every time to work in wiiflow, so I would it call inspiration and coding help ;)

The difference is this: When I "borrow some code"/copy-pasta it I first get permission from the original coder (even if it is open-source to begin with) and then I give credit to the original coder or project in my commit. I don't tout it as some miracle I performed and pretend I'm some uber coder (unless its something I coded myself that I'm overly proud of and I get out of hand with it, ofc). Majority of code we swiped is Dimok's code.

To all the people who don't understand why I cant work with them or collaborate as a team, you basically don't know all the details. Originally when I came back i was very irritated and was ignorant I admit, but after the initial shock FIX94 and I had come to an understanding and were going to work together. After that many things happened that showed it simply wasn't going to be a good working relationship, and ofc I got pissed and acted like a dick again, because I don't like drama and complications screwing up my day. Ex: Some big time bugs in his code I had pointed out and told how to fix it, and why it was a bug, yet it was totally ignored and the bug was reverted to an even worse bug of his. This was not a major bug that's gonna wipe your WBFS folder (Like wiiflow-mod had that OJ created which I pointed out to him and he actually fixed), it was a strong potential to freeze in video.cpp calling a function which joined the wait message thread, from inside the thread itself. So you call a function that blocks program IO until it gets what it wants, and it wants a thread to end, but its inside the thread its trying to join itself, so effectively the thread has frozen and never ends? If people can't take the smallest bit of advice, or care to ask questions when they don't fully understand, how can you work with them? This was just one of the many things, aside from people that I had coded things specifically for and fixed bugs for directly and worked closely with for so long acting like total dicks to me when I returned and since. Yeah some ppl have contributed to me before, I am forever grateful for that, BUT I don't deserve to be treated like some stray dog that walked in on your nice dinner.

1. Just understand there are MANY contributing factors behind us not working as a team, some my fault and some not. Don't be so quick to judge.
2. Wiiflow-Mod is a seperate project and I would appreciate a seperate thread instead of clouding ours with your bugs/issues/problems.
3. You still need to change the code and logo to show wiiflow-mod so that ppl running wiiflow mod dont come reporting your problems/bugs to me. So that they know they are running yours and not mine. We never had problems with people forking or creating their own version, only that they give credit for where their base is from, for changes they incorporate, leave the intact original credits, and call it something else so that there is no misunderstanding between users that it is a unique program.

Maybe with r-win on ur project and his infinite patience wiiflow-mod can truely become something great.... I have nothing but utmost respect for r-win, I wouldn't know half the stuff I do about wii programming (and c/c++ in general) today without him.
This is the last I'll say on it.

Reactions: 3 people

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The difference is this: When I "borrow some code"/copy-pasta it I first get permission from the original coder (even if it is open-source to begin with) and then I give credit to the original coder or project in my commit. I don't tout it as some miracle I performed and pretend I'm some uber coder (unless its something I coded myself that I'm overly proud of and I get out of hand with it, ofc). Majority of code we swiped is Dimok's code.

To all the people who don't understand why I cant work with them or collaborate as a team, you basically don't know all the details. Originally when I came back i was very irritated and was ignorant I admit, but after the initial shock FIX94 and I had come to an understanding and were going to work together. After that many things happened that showed it simply wasn't going to be a good working relationship, and ofc I got pissed and acted like a dick again, because I don't like drama and complications screwing up my day. Ex: Some big time bugs in his code I had pointed out and told how to fix it, and why it was a bug, yet it was totally ignored and the bug was reverted to an even worse bug of his. This was not a major bug that's gonna wipe your WBFS folder (Like wiiflow-mod had that OJ created which I pointed out to him and he actually fixed), it was a strong potential to freeze in video.cpp calling a function which joined the wait message thread, from inside the thread itself. So you call a function that blocks program IO until it gets what it wants, and it wants a thread to end, but its inside the thread its trying to join itself, so effectively the thread has frozen and never ends? If people can't take the smallest bit of advice, or care to ask questions when they don't fully understand, how can you work with them? This was just one of the many things, aside from people that I had coded things specifically for and fixed bugs for directly and worked closely with for so long acting like total dicks to me when I returned and since. Yeah some ppl have contributed to me before, I am forever grateful for that, BUT I don't deserve to be treated like some stray dog that walked in on your nice dinner.

1. Just understand there are MANY contributing factors behind us not working as a team, some my fault and some not. Don't be so quick to judge.
2. Wiiflow-Mod is a seperate project and I would appreciate a seperate thread instead of clouding ours with your bugs/issues/problems.
3. You still need to change the code and logo to show wiiflow-mod so that ppl running wiiflow mod dont come reporting your problems/bugs to me. So that they know they are running yours and not mine. We never had problems with people forking or creating their own version, only that they give credit for where their base is from, for changes they incorporate, leave the intact original credits, and call it something else so that there is no misunderstanding between users that it is a unique program.

Maybe with r-win on ur project and his infinite patience wiiflow-mod can truely become something great.... I have nothing but utmost respect for r-win, I wouldn't know half the stuff I do about wii programming (and c/c++ in general) today without him.
This is the last I'll say on it.

++ ;) 100% I quite agree.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
My wiiflow is buggy.. It freezes moving from game box to game box..

What's wrong with it.. =/ I used to really love the UI of wiiflow
but now can't even use it properly .
What rev of wiiflow are you using, what ios are you running....
Wiiflow v3,1 Alpha r418 on IOS249 bases 56 v6
I know the freezing problems I've had in the past came from having installed one version over another. If you haven't tried it already a clean install might help.

Also since you are using the v6 cIOS I would suggest moving up to v8: It might help - don't think it would hurt anyway -> http://www.mediafire...omcu8s09w3f87v8
If that doesn't work you could always see if moving to a later version of wiiflow-mod works (r418 that you're using is also known as wiiflow-mod r69). You can get them here.

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen any updates to your branch of wiiflow miigotu, so the current version of wiiflow that people can discuss in this thread is the wiiflow-mod. I do agree that a seperate topic should be made, but it should be for yours if/when it is done since this one has been moving along without you for o so many months

edit: and regarding him changing a logo, he forked your project and inherited your logo. he has 0 NEED to change the logo since he grabbed that in the cloning of your open source project

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Give the guy a break.
He's been without Internet because people didn't donate enough to the project and now he's going to college so he's a little short on time.
C'mon.

Edit: and on top of that, when he did get Internet back he was met with the shock of all kinds of changes and progress made for him where he already had envisioned something in particular.
It's too bad there's not a good way to have posts referring to the two different projects from one thread sorted out so that newcomers can just stumble on the one thread and see the two projects separately, not just find one and be oblivious to the other.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
It's too bad there's not a good way to have posts referring to the two different projects from one thread sorted out so that newcomers can just stumble on the one thread and see the two projects separately, not just find one and be oblivious to the other.
That's a simple fix, edit the first post to include something like, "If you're looking for Wiiflow-Mod, please click here." And about the logo it's no big deal but wouldn't you want to set your project apart, who wants the same icon for 2 different projects, it makes sense for [member='Fix94'], [member='OverJoy'] and the rest of the team to get their own logo, besides I think [member='JoostinOnline'] has been working on a logo for wiiflow-mod already so it wouldn't be anything particularly difficult to do overnight ;-)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Just for the heck of it I made a little program that changes the "title.txt" from gametdb.com into a "custom_titles.ini" for WiiFlow. (I thought I'd share it for all those like me who don't want to go into the file and do it manually.)

For windows users here's the application: http://ul.to/zuh6ymuj
It's in Java so any system can run it. Here's the JAR: http://ul.to/8fd61awz
You do have to have java installed, either way.

We'll call it open sourced. Here's the code.
Code:
import java.io.*;
public class TitleFileConverter
{public static void main(String args[])
{try
{InputStreamReader inputFile;
inputFile = new FileReader("titles.txt");
FileWriter outputFile = new FileWriter("custom_titles.ini");
int lastChar = -1;
String br;
boolean skipped = false;
while(inputFile.ready() && (lastChar = inputFile.read()) != '\r' && lastChar != '\n');
br = "" + (char)lastChar;
if(lastChar == '\r' && (lastChar = inputFile.read()) == '\n')
br += (char)lastChar;
else skipped = true;
outputFile.write(br+"[TITLES]"+br);
if(skipped && lastChar >= 0)
outputFile.write(lastChar);
while(inputFile.ready())
outputFile.write(inputFile.read());
outputFile.close();
inputFile.close();
}catch(IOException err)
{System.out.println("oops");}
}
}
It's simple enough.

You just run it in the same folder that the "titles.txt" is in and the "custom_titles.ini" appears.
It works for me anyhow.

Edit : there's a new version now so I'm updating all my posts. http://www.mediafire.com/?afcuy9ueurva1cd
With the new version if you run it normally (without any arguments) it brings up a GUI.
If you want it to do the same thing it does here just add the arguments "default -L". If you want to see other command line arguments just use the -? or /? arguments.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Last dol used was r417.dol, whats the newest and were can one see a changelog?
confused because someone is using r191
Yes, that seems to be a common confusion lately.
It's a long story. I'll try to resume.
r417 is the most recent official version. Based on that code (r417) FIX94 started WiiFlow-mod while Miigotu was without Internet for a few months.
FIX94 submitted r69 of the mod as r418 (Which was part of all of the drama with Miigotu you see posted here recently.)
WiiFlow-mod is now up to r206 but r191 is the latest available for download unless you wanna compile it yourself.
The changelog and the download is available at the GoogleCode page here:
http://code.google.c...mod/source/list

r417 = mod r2
r418 = mod r69

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give the guy a break.
He's been without Internet because people didn't donate enough to the project and now he's going to college so he's a little short on time.
C'mon.

Edit: and on top of that, when he did get Internet back he was met with the shock of all kinds of changes and progress made for him where he already had envisioned something in particular.
I've coded and managed software development for close to 30 years and I have seen lots of different developer personalities in my time. To me this looks like a young kid with no free time to really help advance the project, very poor social/interactive skills and who has problems working in a team. I hate to break it to him but there are very few developer jobs these days where you work by yourself.

I see a couple of people trying to defend Miigotu but the simple reality is that while he wasn't available (for whatever reason) others picked it back up and did a lot of work that fixed many of the outstanding bugs in 'his' last release (r417). r418 which was not done by Miigotu worked and it's the first version of WiiFlow that had for some time. Miigotu released multiple versions that were shit (pardon the expression).

I have seen nothing but frequent updates from the WiiFlow-mod development team and nothing but sniping from Miigotu. This is the simple fact and I don't care how good Miigotu's intentions are - if he doesn't release code that works and takes months between releases as he has in the past while others advance a version of WiiFlow that does work - then which is really the branch?

Frankly I don't give a darn anymore as I found that Configurable USB Loader supports auto cIOS detection now too. It has much better game filtering than WiiFlow and a team of developers that appear to be able to work together. I will be recommending that and WiiFlow-mod for now as r417 is not usable IMO.

My guess is that at some point in the very near future WiiFlow will 'officially' branch into Miigotu's WiiFlow and FIX94/team's WiiFlow-mod. And after a couple of months of advancement of the WiiFlow-mod branch and ZERO working updates to Miigotu's branch or a lot more excuses why he wasn't able to do updates because of reason x/y/z, WiiFlow-mod will become the defacto 'WiiFlow' again as it was with r418.

Personally I think Miigotu should retire from WiiFlow development and turn it over to FIX94/team. Going to college will be enough of a time commitment for him and he should really focus on that and his family. If he has any free time and wants to work on something of low priority he can pass it on to the current development team.

If he doesn't want to do that then I think branching the forum is the best thing but I would offer a twist - this forum should be closed with a note directing people to the Miigotu or WiiFlow-mod branches. At this point the original WiiFlow project is really dead with different groups claiming ownership of the 'real' version.

Give each their branch and see how it plays out. I'm convinced in a month or two you will see lots of forward progress on the WiiFlow-mod side with nothing of substance on the Miigotu side.

Miigotu - respect for your work in the past but you need to focus on school and your family.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan Make me a space cake plz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I make rum cake for 4th July every year, I make it a week prior and then soak it in rum in the fridge all week. I flip the cake each day, and add little more rum, it soaks it up everyday, so good.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Oh yea, duh +1