db2270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
enemywithin said:
enemywithin said:
I wrote a program to convert the WiiTDB genres to categories for Wiiflow. This is accomplished by mapping the genres to the desired categories. I included the mappings.ini file that I use for my collection.

1. Select the "titlesdump.ini" file (this is selected automatically if the drive is connected and it's in the wiiflow\settings folder)
2. Click the Update button (the mappings.ini file is loaded and applied)
3. Fix the genre-to-category mappings (as required)
4. Click the Output button to save the "categories.ini" file.

I can upload the source if anyone wants it.

New version for current Wiiflow. It no longer requires the "titlesdump.ini" file, instead it parses the wbfs folder. Only works with FAT32/NTFS drives.

Wiiflow G2C

Just wanted to say thanks for this, keep up the good work. I like to keep my games organized like this
yay.gif

Hey guys...how do you get this categories working with wiiflow? I have installed and generated the categories and saved the categories.ini file in wiiflow/settings folder, but wiiflow is not picking up the categories from there. What am i missing? Thanks for the help!.

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

chajl

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DEFIANT said:
siliconmessiah said:
chajl said:
anyone have a clue on how to hide the game title when selecting games?

I´ve also wondered this and still looking for an answer.
There is really no point having the game title showing up as text when you got the game-package on-screen.
Gogo Gadget Google:

http://gbatemp.net/t188877-hiding-game-titles-in-wii-flow

already tried that and it didnt work for me so i went here to post this question instead.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
chajl said:
DEFIANT said:
siliconmessiah said:
chajl said:

There is really no point having the game title showing up as text when you got the game-package on-screen.

Gogo Gadget Google:

already tried that and it didnt work for me so i went here to post this question instead.
chajl said:
DEFIANT said:
Yeah i failed to give the correct process you need to do in the link DEFIANT has posted (btw i've fixed it so the next ones will have the good process )...
Here is the solution :

open your theme.ini with a text editor (wordpad for example) , and look for this section :

CODE
[_COVERFLOW]
font_color=#00000000

set it to #00000000 , save , and replace on your SD (USB).
Voilà !!

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Benjay said:
chajl said:
DEFIANT said:
siliconmessiah said:
chajl said:

Gogo Gadget Google:

Yeah i failed in the linked post (btw i've fixed it)...
Here is the solution :

open your theme.ini with a text editor (wordpad for example) , and look for this section :

CODE
[_COVERFLOW]
font_color=#00000000

Voilà !!
Opps, my bad... I didn't even try it to see if it worked. Glad it got sorted out for you.

chajl

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Benjay said:
chajl said:
DEFIANT said:
siliconmessiah said:
chajl said:

Gogo Gadget Google:

Yeah i failed in the linked post (btw i've fixed it)...
Here is the solution :

CODE
[_COVERFLOW]
font_color=#00000000

Voilà !!

i can confirm that this works now for those whod like to remove the game title to appear.

dipswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiflow is losing connection with my wiimote when starting. All other homebrew is working fine. I was using cIOS v21 but I went back to v17 and still loses connection. I tried updating Wiiflow to latest version (r304 the ICON file is corrupt), now it won't even start. Locks up. So I reinstalled cIOS v21 and Wiiflow starts and wiimote works but its not seeing any of my games on WBFS partition. usbloaderGX is working fine. Maybe I should use ModMii and update the Wii to 4.3.

Edit: I just restarted the Wii and Wiiflow can now see my games but still loses connection to Wiimote.
blink.gif

Edit: Ok my Wiiflow channel must have dol embedded because when I start Wiiflow channel it starts but I have no Wiimote connection. When I start Wiiflow from homebrew channel I have Wiimote connection but it doesn't see any of my games on WBFS partition. What am I doing wrong here?
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif

dipswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
That's a strange problem. Please make sure again that the options are set to look on the wbfs partition.

I did. When Wiiflow starts there is a message that states "Welcome to WiiFlow. I have not found any games. Click install to install games, or select partition to select your partition type."

When I select Partition button the Game Partition says WBFS1 and thats the only option it will allow me to select (even though my drive has a FAT32 partition for homebrew and a WBFS partition for games). I don't understand why its not working. Ive tried r304-249 and r304-250.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dipswitch said:
FIX94 said:
That's a strange problem. Please make sure again that the options are set to look on the wbfs partition.

I did. When Wiiflow starts there is a message that states "Welcome to WiiFlow. I have not found any games. Click install to install games, or select partition to select your partition type."

When I select Partition button the Game Partition says WBFS1 and thats the only option it will allow me to select (even though my drive has a FAT32 partition for homebrew and a WBFS partition for games). I don't understand why its not working. Ive tried r304-249 and r304-250.
OK, please install IOS249 r19 base IOS57:
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9911

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dipswitch said:
Alright, I reinstalled IOS249 r21 base IOS57 and its working now. I guess I was installing as base IOS58. Why wouldn't base IOS58 work? Thanks for your help!
OK, why have you installed IOS249 r21? It's more unstable than r19 and it could be that you will have the controller lag issue:
http://gbatemp.net/t263019-waninkoko-s-cio...with-ios56-base
IOS58 base is not that good, it doesn't work as good as base IOS57.

jaouad

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I hope anyone's here. My question is, is there a wiiflow 2.2 wad channel. A guy I know doesn't have an sd card and I hoped there was an alternative to get wiiflow 2.2 channel to work without it.

I only found older versions but they don't have ntfs support and also don't support other IOS's like 246 for instance

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jaouad said:
Full channel

Using full channels is not advised, just get a Forwarder channel that supports NTFS drives, like the Orchid forwarder found on the Wiki in the themes section. Make sure IOS 58 is installed

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Are you saying that you can load wiiflow from a usb drive that is formatted in NTFS? I thought homebrew only worked on FAT32 devices.

(I think the main reason he's using a full channel is because he has neither an SD card nor a FAT32 usb drive)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: sup nerds