Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Bauldrick

Trophies
XP
Country
My limited knowledge:

@Bladexdsl: I think that happens if you have installed wiiflow.dol to priiloader

@pretender13: you need the default.ini in the themes directory

@edg0020: probably something to do with the forwarder wad you have installed, look back a page or two for Dents reply

Hope that may have helped..

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DvZ said:
Wow !!

when i left for holiday we where on r141 , will be back this weekend
will it be r190
rolleyes.gif

my FTP still running spidy ?
how is my hdd bubba :-)
good work is done r-win miigotu and the rest
yaywii.gif

grtz
D
Hi DvZ,

I hope you had a good holiday...
FTP is still running, even better than Spidy's one..
wink.gif

Better update to R181 soon..works great.
Talk to you later in IRC

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Etheboss said:
DvZ said:
Wow !!

when i left for holiday we where on r141 , will be back this weekend
will it be r190
rolleyes.gif

my FTP still running spidy ?
how is my hdd bubba :-)
good work is done r-win miigotu and the rest
yaywii.gif

grtz
D
Hi DvZ,

I hope you had a good holiday...
FTP is still running, even better than Spidy's one..
wink.gif

Better update to R181 soon..works great.
Talk to you later in IRC

my ftp is fine, it's my computer that is having some problems...

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Every body

I have posted this question on several forum including WIIFLOW google code with no appropriate answer.

I have R176 on USB hard disk (FAT 32 .wbfs)

I use CIOS 222 HERMES V5.1 (so WIIFLOW boot.dol for 222) to launch USB games.

I have also CIOS 249 rev 20 installed.

WII is 4.1e (PAL) + ios / channels up to date (thanks yo PIMP MY WII)

I can launch a lot of games through USB & WIIFLOW but not Prince Of Persia the forgotten sands (NTSC)

I have tested a lot of various game settings including those suggested in WIIFLOW WIKI (http://www.wiiflowiki.com/configuration/gamesettings/game-settings) but it doesn't work : I always end with a black screen and a freeze after a few normal screens which display game title.

Prince Of Persia the forgotten sands starts perfectly with CFG loader so I don't understand why in it is not ok with WIIFLOW (please note it is the first start as I have not saved any progress for the moment)

Is there someone that can remove any POP savegame data from its wii and check if he is able to run POP with WIIFLOW and then write down all POP WIIFLOW game tunings he uses.

Any advices will be appreciated

Regards

Olivier

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OlivierTheBest said:
Hello Every body

I have posted this question on several forum including WIIFLOW google code with no appropriate answer.

I can launch a lot of games through USB & WIIFLOW but not Prince Of Persia the forgotten sands (NTSC)

I have tested a lot of various game settings including those suggested in WIIFLOW WIKI (http://www.wiiflowiki.com/configuration/gamesettings/game-settings) but it doesn't work : I always end with a black screen and a freeze after a few normal screens which display game title.

Prince Of Persia the forgotten sands starts perfectly with CFG loader so I don't understand why in it is not ok with WIIFLOW (please note it is the first start as I have not saved any progress for the moment)

Is there someone that can remove any POP savegame data from its wii and check if he is able to run POP with WIIFLOW and then write down all POP WIIFLOW game tunings he uses.

Regards

Olivier

I finished this game using r119 (using Hermes v5.1), and it boots fine @ r181 (using Waninkoko 249 rev20 IOS57 based) at least (even started a new story to test).

spangus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using Wiiflow with an old drive for a few months now but have just found a bigger hard disk to use with it. I have formatted it and copied everything across to this new drive, but now when I load Wiiflow with the new drive plugged in it says 'please wait' and then the Wii freezes. The drive and all the games that are on it can be seen in Uloader, so I presume it works with the Wii, but I was wondering if anyone could help me on how to get it to work, and hopefully be able to use my old saved games, which are on the SD card.

Also Wiiflow is installed on the SD card, not the HD, so it is the same 'version' I was using with the old drive, if that makes sense. And both drives were unpartitioned and formatted as WBFS. It could just be me doing something stupid, but any advice would be welcome.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Bauldrick said:
My limited knowledge:

@Bladexdsl: I think that happens if you have installed wiiflow.dol to priiloader
i don't use priloader only bootmi. wiiflow is installed as a normal app on sd. should i just give up and update it manually/download replace?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bladexdsl said:
Bauldrick said:
My limited knowledge:

i don't use priloader only bootmi. wiiflow is installed as a normal app on sd. should i just give up and update it manually/download replace?

Same thing always happens to me too when I update. But after restarting my wii after the dump the update does work.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
OlivierTheBest said:
Hello Every body

Regards

Olivier

CFG loader has a build-in patch for POP, I don't know if Wiiflow also has that. If not then you need a .wip file for the game to patch it.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
petspeed said:
OlivierTheBest said:
Hello Every body

Regards

Olivier

CFG loader has a build-in patch for POP, I don't know if Wiiflow also has that. If not then you need a .wip file for the game to patch it.

wiiflow can play ALL games including POP, read the problematic games section on the wiki: http://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki/co...s/game-settings

it has all settings needed for games that do not work out off the box

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In order to solve my Prince Of Persia problem I finally had the idea to remove wiiflow.ini from apps/wiiflow as changes (POP game settings) seemed not to be taken into account in the file.

At next start of wiiflow wiiflow.ini has been re-created automatically and now POP works ...

Regards

Olivier

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
edg0020 said:
terminal_illness said:
i made the switch to wiinertag! thanks for implementing this wiiflow team! you guys are number one!!!!

how do you use winnertag with wiiflow? I see now option about it.
Because there is none. Look at the wiiflow.ini-File, and put your Key in, and set it to on.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I don't know if this has been corrected in the newer builds as I am using the officially released version 2.1 r92, but it seems that when I am using an alt. dol then the return to channel function is not working. It is returning to the Wii menu. I tried it with Metroid Prime trilogy. When choosing the mp3 dol it returned to the Wii menu, but when I choose main.dol it returns to Wiiflow as I have configured it to do.

By the way is the alt. dol+ included in r92 or is that added later? I have tried to look on the google page but I am not a very good friend with the search function on the Changes page. I guess it is added later cause I can't find it anywhere in r92, but it could be hidden somewhere
smile.gif

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
alt dol + is a later addition, and i believe the return to channel option still has problems with the alt dol games.

Unless there has been a very recent advance...I think that was one of the few quirks still to be fixed the last time I visited the WiiFlow mIRC channel.

btw the alt dol + support simply appears on the game lanch screen as a small menu at the bottom of games supported by alt dol +, e.g. prime trilogy, Sam and Max, etc. You download and put wdm files in a folder.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Thank you. I think I will wait for an official stable release before updating, so I must live without the alt. dol+ feature a while.

I have just switched to Wiflow and I must say I like how it works. The navigation is working very fast, it is stable, until now I have never had a freeze when launching a game.

The only thing I miss is a Theme that lists the games in a listbox (just text) and next to that a cover of the currently selected game. Just like USB Loader GX. I have looked at the themes but I think it looks a little to complicated to start with for me cause I don't have much time on my hands at the moment. Can it be done or should I just drop the idea?

I would like to thank the developers, I am very impressed with the dedication and time you guys put into this project, seeing that you make updates several times almost every day.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Wiiflow , with flow like coverflow.
What would be the point to have a list as usbloader GX.....
You want a list , use usbloader GX !!

The coverflow is the whole point of this loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think you only get like 425gb on a series s hard drive, so you get 1, 2 next gen games max
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, so you need to have another series s if you wanna play more games?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh you buy extra HD n add to it, but not cheap
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, how can a console have more than 1 hard drives?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    usb expansion? I know the PS4 can do this
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, oh Yea I recall my PS3 can do that
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Modded ofc
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Speaking of my PS3 i havent downloaded any games yet bc my wifi is too slow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and also because blackouts here are very common and that could damage the console
    Do you have a surge protector or an UPS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but to play the next gen games, you must have those games on internal, or buy the official ssd expansion cards, which are expensive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, dunno what each one of those are
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, my PS3 was already modded when my dad bought it for me and my brother
    A surge protector is a device that protects your electronics from fluctuations. I recommend having your console plugged into one of those
    An UPS is even better because it has an internal battery that keeps your system on even if the power goes out, but it's much more expensive obviously
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, oh i recall seeing one in some in the houses of some relatives, including my dad's apartment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, although whatever device we plug into them stops getting power anyways lol
    that's weird
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, and oh i was talking about ups
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    No not that one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Surge protectors are what i was talking about
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yea I got confused for a bit
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @Xdqwerty literally juan:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the series s/x you can use a external HD but any next gen games must be on your internal ssd, or you can buy a ssd expansion card, but pricey. Any xbone, 360, or og Xbox games can be played from external tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Series §€×
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Series §€×