[Wii64 Rice] Perfect Dark running great but game breaking black screen in mission 2

Gahrsim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I know this is an emulation problem, it is my hope that it happened to someone else who found a workaround.

I play Perfect Dark on gamepad with Wii64 rice launched with vwii overclock from Wii U forwarder. Game plays fine. But...

Basically: in mission 2, at some point you enter a room filed with gas, well at least you are supposed to use the night vision goggles. Problem: once you enter that room, the screen darkens progressively until pitch black, without any way I found to reverse this. I can't play anymore, the game is still running fine behind, but becomes unplayable.

The night vision goggles do not work either, turning the screen to greenish without seeing anything. Removing them and it's back to pitch black.

I found that issue also occured when slapping people in multiplayer, it darkens their screen until it's just black and they have to leave the game.

For the record, I also tried with Not64, same issue.

Has anyone been dealing positively with this kind of issue?

Reactions: SaulFabre

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
did you tried with fb textures to on? while wii64 rice doesnt have fb textures regular wii64 and not64 do have fb texture support.

Reactions: SaulFabre

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Reactions: Gahrsim

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok, gotcha.
I also noticed the game freezes when trying to switch level at the end of one when playing solo.
fb textures is kinda unstable so i advise turn it on when your actually need it(like only to see the dark room) and the moment you exit the dark room, turn them off, sometimes stuff crashes with fb textures.

Reactions: nWo

gZa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Camspy remains unusable unfortunately
I managed to get this to work (as far as the mission was concerned) basically just line up, turn on Camspy and then walk forward while snapping pictures until Objective Complete pops up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: