Hacking Wii U will not update

f7_key

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
<snip>

Anyway, I'll have to look into this. Could you at least tell me what you used to patch IOS36, and if it was definitely based on the vIOS? If I can duplicate it, I might find a way to patch a vIOS without such problems.

Sure. I used the IOS36 wad that I Bluedump-ed from my vWii. I'll have to check the version. It was done in April around the patch that happened then.

Please let Joostin know so he can look into it. This is very important!

Joostin's personality is raw and uncensored and as sarcastic as they come. He does not mean anything personal by it. I hope you can understand this... I am not choosing sides and we appreciate you putting the work into testing this for us!

My apologies for the defensive attitude Joostin.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Still updating.. I find him refuting what I did just as snotty as me calling him out. He doesn't know everything. He comment about Pimp My Wii added nothing to the thread and just made him try to feel better.
I didn't refute anything. I was clearly wrong. I just don't understand the details on what I was wrong about, which is something that bothers me. I want to figure that out, not only so I can learn from it, but also so I can possibly develop a homebrew app to fix it.

I thought I had a decent grasp on what happened during an update, but I was wrong about something. Maybe it's the vIOS (which isn't identical to an IOS), or maybe it's checks done during the update.

Reactions: Deletedmember331810

f7_key

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't refute anything. I was clearly wrong. I just don't understand the details on what I was wrong about, which is something that bothers me. I want to figure that out, not only so I can learn from it, but also so I can possibly develop a homebrew app to fix it.

I thought I had a decent grasp on what happened during an update, but I was wrong about something. Maybe it's the vIOS (which isn't identical to an IOS), or maybe it's checks done during the update.

The file was IOS36-64-v3864.wad

As I mentioned I dumped that from my vWii originally and still have the file.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
There are tons of threads on here and other forums with people having this error, some with modded vWii & some without. Hopefully if someone don't figure out the perfect solution that an update from Nintendo will do the trick.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, I must start this post by apologizing to everyone who said this was an IOS problem. F7_key thank you for your solution leading to mine. I first ran a test to see if my IOS36 was ES_ID patched which it wasn't so I decided to try and delete IOS249, IOS250, IOS251. Which with those deleted I installed IOS36-64-v3864.wad anyways even though mine read as original and still is not updating. So, I ran pimp my wii 3.02 and reinstalled IOS249, IOS250 & IOS251 and IOS36 with ES_ID & ES_Version NOT patched and it is now updating game updates and system updates. Which now leads me to the unhacked Wii U, so what I did was install the HBC and use the same steps and it is now updating also. So I guess most of the updating issue do lie in the IOS36 somewhere hacked or unhacked vWii.

Now, heres the part that stumps me, before using this method to fix the issue why could I simply take it to a different ISP at a different location and update these Wii Us? Why does a vWii IOS have anything to do with updating a Wii U title? It just doesn't make sense but I guess it doesn't matter as long as it working.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Could it be pure luck and not related one to another?
The only way to know for sure would be if downgrading was possible so that the upgrade could be ran multiple times with different versions of that ios 36.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
The only way to know for sure would be if downgrading was possible so that the upgrade could be ran multiple times with different versions of that ios 36.

I thought it was luck myself until i hacked the unmodded vWii and use the same steps to fix the same updating problems even though its IOSs were untouched. Its strange but it does lie in the IOS36.

f7_key

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just posting THIS as it has everything to do with this thread
Well, I must start this post by apologizing to everyone who said this was an IOS problem. F7_key thank you for your solution leading to mine. I first ran a test to see if my IOS36 was ES_ID patched which it wasn't so I decided to try and delete IOS249, IOS250, IOS251. Which with those deleted I installed IOS36-64-v3864.wad anyways even though mine read as original and still is not updating. So, I ran pimp my wii 3.02 and reinstalled IOS249, IOS250 & IOS251 and IOS36 with ES_ID & ES_Version NOT patched and it is now updating game updates and system updates. Which now leads me to the unhacked Wii U, so what I did was install the HBC and use the same steps and it is now updating also. So I guess most of the updating issue do lie in the IOS36 somewhere hacked or unhacked vWii.

Now, heres the part that stumps me, before using this method to fix the issue why could I simply take it to a different ISP at a different location and update these Wii Us? Why does a vWii IOS have anything to do with updating a Wii U title? It just doesn't make sense but I guess it doesn't matter as long as it working.

Hey that's great news. Not sure exactly what it says, but glad that yours is working! Enjoying SM3DW here. Just beat the first world.

Did you still have HBC installed when you did all that for either Wii U? Very interesting that it worked on the other one.

Could be possible Nintendo is doing a check on vWii IOSes (maybe some simple checksum) from the Wii U OS? Who knows. That doesn't explain a virigin vWii... so maybe its different causes.

D

Deletedmember331810

It's not a coincidence anymore. Too many people have fixed the error now by this method for it to not be related. Not only was my Wii U fixed this way, but f7's and I linked 2 other threads from different forums where people fixed it the same way.What I would like to know is how are some who have never installed HBC or cIOS or IOS getting the same exact error but with it being related to a network problem yet we have all gotten the same error and it was an IOS problem (the error being that of 162-0002.) We have been in IRC talking about it but noone seems to know why. Joostin and I are going to try and recreate it unless f7 would like to...

f7_key

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a coincidence anymore. Too many people have fixed the error now by this method for it to not be related. Not only was my Wii U fixed this way, but f7's and I linked 2 other threads from different forums where people fixed it the same way.What I would like to know is how are some who have never installed HBC or cIOS or IOS getting the same exact error but with it being related to a network problem yet we have all gotten the same error and it was an IOS problem (the error being that of 162-0002.) We have been in IRC talking about it but noone seems to know why. Joostin and I are going to try and recreate it unless f7 would like to...

It also helped me with error code 105-3102 too. Turned out I was able to consistently get both error codes. One when I updated through the system update and one form the SM3DW disc update.

D

Deletedmember331810

Apology accepted. Glad to see your Wii U is fixed.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey that's great news. Not sure exactly what it says, but glad that yours is working! Enjoying SM3DW here. Just beat the first world.

Did you still have HBC installed when you did all that for either Wii U? Very interesting that it worked on the other one.

Could be possible Nintendo is doing a check on vWii IOSes (maybe some simple checksum) from the Wii U OS? Who knows. That doesn't explain a virigin vWii... so maybe its different causes.

Well, my Wii U had the HBC at the whole time I've had this issue but the other Wii U was a complete virgin vWii which the same damn 162-0002 as the hacked one. After fixing the hacked Wii U, I actually installed the HBC on the virgin Wii U and then done the same steps as before and it fixed it as well. For some reason, for the Wii Us I have I had to patch trucha & nand on IOS36 but had to leave ES_ID & ES_Version unpatched and install it that way to fix it. This issue is strange as hell and I do believe between your method and mine combined we can finally have a way for people to beat this stupid thing until its fixed for good.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ugh guys, it took me 10 full minutes to clean this thread from personal attacks, could you please play along and work towards a solution for the benefit of everyone without making pot-shots at each other every now and then? :P

It looks like everything's cool now, and I hope it stays like that. Keep up with the good work :yay:

D

Deletedmember331810

It's all good now. Everyone just saw the need to drag me through the mud when I suggested that it could have been an IOS issue, LOL. Tempers were hot because so many were upset about their Wii U's being unable to update! All is forgotten, apologies have all been accepted all around and we are now trying to figure out realistically why this is actually happening and the direct cause. Hopefully with Joostin's apps we can figure out why...

Reactions: raulpica
D

Deletedmember331810

You going to link those apps? I am going to recreate the problem today if I can get them from you, man... Hit me up in IRC or something. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone