Hacking Gaming Hardware Misc Bricked my Wii U trying to downgrade home button menu

SkyeDoesThings

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine told me how he downgraded his home button menu on his Wii U so I tried to do it and now my Wii U is bricked and wont boot past the Wii U logo. I'm trying to boot into UDPIH but for some reason nothing shows up however the recover_ menu is still there and functional. Help would be appreciated thanks!

Fixed the issue by rebuilding MLC

Last edited by SkyeDoesThings,

thebigC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a nand backup of this Wii U?
Post automatically merged:

You have to plug the usb in at a certain time for UDPIH to work. I recommend the video by Voultar about unbricking Wii Us.

Last edited by thebigC,

SkyeDoesThings

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a nand backup of this Wii U?
Post automatically merged:

You have to plug the usb in at a certain time for UDPIH to work. I recommend the video by Voultar about unbricking Wii Us.
Yeah i've tried the menu is there but i cant see it

thebigC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By saying the menu is there do you mean it is on the sd card but the Wii U doesn't output to your display? Is the sd card FAT32 and is recovery_menu in the root of the sd card?

SkyeDoesThings

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By saying the menu is there do you mean it is on the sd card but the Wii U doesn't output to your display? Is the sd card FAT32 and is recovery_menu in the root of the sd card?
recovery menu is on the root and it doesnt show up on the gamepad or tv however it is loaded only the wiiu logo shows up

thebigC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a very strange issue you are experiencing. Your nand may be bricked beyond what you can fix with UDPIH and you may have to do a more in-depth fix which will require soldering skills and a nand backup that you hopefully already made. I am not a Wii U expert by any means but it seems likely that your brick requires a full nand restore.

SkyeDoesThings

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a very strange issue you are experiencing. Your nand may be bricked beyond what you can fix with UDPIH and you may have to do a more in-depth fix which will require soldering skills and a nand backup that you hopefully already made. I am not a Wii U expert by any means but it seems likely that your brick requires a full nand restore.
alright

thebigC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol