Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you talk about the games installed to your console, or about the eShop download helper program?
this thread is not about the program. you need to ask in the appropriate thread instead.

if it's a problem on your console, you can't have more than 392 games, so I doubt it's what you're talking about.

achyoav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
you talk about the games installed to your console, or about the eShop download helper program?
this thread is not about the program. you need to ask in the appropriate thread instead.

if it's a problem on your console, you can't have more than 392 games, so I doubt it's what you're talking about.
im talking about the program. thanks though.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you install the game to external ?
if you played that game before, maybe it copied the "update" to the console, and installing the game on external it doesn't look for additional data on internal, you should move the update to external first or install to internal.

Yes I installed it to external. I double checked and I don't have any data for this game on system memory.

I don't see how to access the disc with ftpiiu_everywhere, I see the sd card and usb but not the inserted disc

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wasn't sure if ftpiiu_everywhere had access to the disc or not.

you could try to use ddd to dump the disc, but you'll have to use NUSpacker to install the game. and you'll probably need to CFW to launch it anyway, so it will be the same as using eShop downloader.
that's the only idea I have right now, sorry.

Maybe someone else will help better than me.

Reactions: blaisedinsd

bbc666

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Hi people.Till yesterday everything was fine and correctly.i download games from usb helper on sd card and from sd card to hdd 2gb with y cabl.Now today i cant install any new game on hdd becouse install stopped on 00000.If i install games on wii u nand and move from nand do hdd everything is clear and work.Why i must do this why mY hdd now dont want to install direcly from sd card.Thanks

zincmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Newb question here I have my Wii U all set up and running its not running CFW and has a USB Hard Drive 2TB Connected to it. Question like in the Wii Days where there was a desktop installer program for the Wii for that backup system aside from taking each individual game folder putting one or 2 games at a time on a 32 GB Micro SD Card putting it in your Wii U and then using WUP Installer to install 1 or 2 at a time is there a bulk way to install to your hard drive? It seems very tedious this way maybe i missed something in the reading.

Bowl0l

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have a WiiU formatted HDD with games bought from eShop installed in it.
Is there an extra procedure if i want to use this HDD to install backups?
E.g. Need to format the HDD again, the existing games no longer can play, etc.

Last edited by Bowl0l,

leproos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Today i wanted tot install some eshop games like donkey kong country returns.
But in wupinstaller i get An error. What am i missing here?

error 0xFFFBF440

Last edited by leproos,

enricojacko

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi. I have a faulty hardware Wii U (it freezes and turn off by itself at the same points of many games), it has CFW with CHBC .
I have another Wii U (same memory space, 32GB) where I want to transfer all on my data, especially the savegames from the faulty one.
I would like to use the official Nintendo procedure "How to Transfer Content Between Two Wii U Consoles", but I have one doubt about it:
Should I do all the transfer BEFORE installing CFW and Homebew to the other conole, or I must complete all the steps to install Homebrew and THEN use the Nintendo transfer tool to move my data?
Second question: is not possible to simply use the same USB external drive to the new console, after completing the transfer tool? (My Nintendo linked account will be the same on the new console after the transfer, so I was wondering if with CFW I can use the same external USB drive unplugging it from the old Wii U to the new one when all my personal data are already transferred.
Thanks!

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi. I have a faulty hardware Wii U (it freezes and turn off by itself at the same points of many games), it has CFW with CHBC .
Quick question to the first part, do you have any message when it happens, or does the Wii U just shut itself down? I had something very similair happening to me on my unmodded Wii U and it turned out to be a faulty HDD enclosure (the HDD was fine, but the case that communicated via USB broke). After replacing it never happened again.

enricojacko

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Quick question to the first part, do you have any message when it happens, or does the Wii U just shut itself down? I had something very similair happening to me on my unmodded Wii U and it turned out to be a faulty HDD enclosure (the HDD was fine, but the case that communicated via USB broke). After replacing it never happened again.
Hi. There are no messages or logs about it, but I tried everything before deciding to get another console. I moved one by one the games/patches which freeze from USB to NAND, I unplugged the external HD, I re-downloaded the installs and installed again from scratch, used another savegame/slot, etc... nothing, same freezes on the same moments of the games. Then I described this on another chat board through Discord and more than one person clearly told that it is an hardware problem for sure in their opinion...
By the way. does anyone know if I need to hack the new Wii U first, then move my data with Nintendo Transfer Content method, or the opposite? (first move my data, then hack the console)? Thank you.

robco7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
I'm sorry if this has already been asked, I don't even know what to search for regarding this problem. Installing files with WUP Installer has been working fine for me, but now suddenly nothing's working. When I try to install something with WUP, it just says Installing... but shows the progress as 0.0/0.0 MB (0%) no matter how long I have it running. I've tried various things to determine what could be the cause of it, and nothing's working. I know it's not that I have too many games on my system (I just deleted something and I tested it, still with no luck).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this has already been asked, I don't even know what to search for regarding this problem. Installing files with WUP Installer has been working fine for me, but now suddenly nothing's working. When I try to install something with WUP, it just says Installing... but shows the progress as 0.0/0.0 MB (0%) no matter how long I have it running. I've tried various things to determine what could be the cause of it, and nothing's working. I know it's not that I have too many games on my system (I just deleted something and I tested it, still with no luck).

not sure of a solution to your problem, but iirc, wup doesn't check if there's enough available space, so it will try to install even if there's insufficient space.

Reactions: robco7

robco7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
not sure of a solution to your problem, but iirc, wup doesn't check if there's enough available space, so it will try to install even if there's insufficient space.
There's definitely enough space, the external hard drive I'm trying to extract them to isn't even halfway full, while the NAND hardly has anything on it.

robco7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
I actually have two, so I tried with both of them, and they had both worked before, but now neither of them can install the files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1