Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by BurningDesire, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Tackskull

Tackskull Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2017
    France
    Thanks, is the same for micro sd with the adaptor?

2. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Yep they will also work fine.

3. Tackskull

Tackskull Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2017
    France
    Guys, I have my wii u modded using a 4gb sd card, but I choose to buy a 64gb mini sd card (with adaptor) for having larger space. The issue is that I get all the file from the 4gb sd to the 64gb sd but when inserted on the wiiu is like it doesn't reconize the file inside. In fact haxchi doesn't start and the homebrew channel on the vWII doesn't see the applications. What can I do?

4. Tackskull

Tackskull Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2017
    France
    Another question, if I have a game file "loadine ready" can I install it with wup installer on the internal memory? Or need I a specific kind of game file format? And if for example I install a game in the internal storage/usb can I use the online play?

5. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Your 64GB card is probably formatted with exfat instead of FAT32. Reformat the card.

Please read the first post. No, you can't use Loadiine-ready files. Yes, you can play online.

6. Tackskull

Tackskull Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2017
    France
    Thanks, Marry Christmans!!!

7. XC-3730C

XC-3730C GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2014
    United States
    If you can't use Loadiine-ready files (which is a shame because I have a large collection, and don't want to have to require another one) what kind of files can you use?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

8. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Use the encrypted package files that you've extracted from your discs using Disc2App or downloaded from Nintendo's servers using FunkiiU, JNUSTool or WiiU USB Helper. You might see that format referred to as Wii U Package, WUP/WUPInstaller format, or *.app/*.h3/title.* files.

9. zebrone

zebrone Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2007
    Italy
    ITALY

Can you help me with the gcube iso trasformation in installable app?
    I seek all the guide on usb helper. I install a cube game on wiiU usb hard disk, but when i run it, it appears Nintendont loader but no games to run.!!!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Wich tool is needed to transform a loadiine structured game into an installable .app game?

10. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
  11. ferdi-t

ferdi-t GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2010
    Netherlands
    Groningen
    Thank you for your reply. Everything was pretty confusing to me in the beginning, but you shedded a lot of light. Everything is working amazingly well right now.

12. riku9000

riku9000 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2018
    Japan
    Hello everyone, I need a bit of help getting my Wii U to load successfully from an external USB drive. I have a Japanese Wii U on 5.5.2-J and have successfully installed CBHC v1.6. I am trying to use WUP Installer GX2 to install games on my external USB drive, however, though they install fine, when I go to launch the games, they get as far as the splash screen and hang, forcing a reset of my system.

My first thought was that I was using WUP files from the wrong region, however, everything I have read has said that CBHC is region free. Similarly, I thought that maybe there was a problem with the files, however, they install correctly and I have tried three games, all with the same result of a splash screen hang.

I am completely out of ideas so any help anyone can give me would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks for reading.