Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Odd, tried installing Monster Hunter, and the Wudpatcher only saw and installed around 2gb of it instead of the full 6gb and it's not on the homepage (I assume it's because it only installed a small portion) anyone had a similar issue?

Edit* now it appears to be stuck on deleting "unnecessary data" which I assume is the failed install and it doesn't appear to end.. it's just never ending "deleting".. oh boy.
Your Wii U probably ran out of space

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your Wii U probably ran out of space
Nope, had way over 20gb left, I've searched up on the "unnecessary data deleting" thing and it appears that thing never worked and Nintendo never patched it meaning it will never delete the corrupt data unless you do a full system wipe oh joy..

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
question , i downloaded splatoon, and i downloaded the ticket from the iso site, it came with 3 files cert/tik/tmd < do i copy these inside the game folder ya? and replace the ones that exist in it?

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
question , i downloaded splatoon, and i downloaded the ticket from the iso site, it came with 3 files cert/tik/tmd < do i copy these inside the game folder ya? and replace the ones that exist in it?
Just copy the tik file and youre fine , or at leats thats what I did with Mario maker

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
cool okay, and how do i update the game if i dwnload it from nusgrabber, do i install it the same method i install the game (and recopying the tik inside the update files yah?)
I think so , it sounds about right but I never tried to install an update I always quit tubehax/url and update Though wii u it just last matter of mins and if theres no update its great then I restore tubehax and url blocks I know its risky but meh :P

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I think so , it sounds about right but I never tried to install an update I always quit tubehax/url and update Though wii u it just last matter of mins and if theres no update its great then I restore tubehax and url blocks I know its risky but meh :P

but i wonder if updating online will work with the game that we install on usb via the sd card hmm

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Yes it will update as long you disable tubehax and url if not there will be an error and you will play the Game without updates

thanks, i will just update the game through the wii u then.

when we install the games, they are installed on the USB (HDD) bu the wii u think we have it installed inside of its nand correct? seeing it as if it wasa downloaded from eshop i assume?

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

when we install the games, they are installed on the USB (HDD) bu the wii u think we have it installed inside of its nand correct? seeing it as if it wasa downloaded from eshop i assume?
No, it will be everything in the USB. You can move it from USB to NAND if you want to save space on your HDD

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Not exactly , the wii u knows the Game is in the hdd (also remember the eshop got an option to download directly to the hdd) the important thing here is that the ticket file we use is like a key to enable the installation (and later on the execution) of the Game you wanna install so This ticket will be always in Your wii u nand telling that the Game in Usb was "legally" purchased so it gave Green flag to run it
In short the wii u actually thinks that the Game came from eshop and runs it Thanks to the modded ticket

Reactions: leonmagnus99

ThePanchamBros

Hates the Undertale Fandom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a thread dedicated to the Brazilian team method of installing WiiU games to WiiU USB HDD and Internal memory. Links will not be provided.

DO NOT ASK WHERE TO DOWNLOAD TICKETS OR ANY SHARING WEBSITE NAME.
You will receive a warning and can be banned.

Important info - What works or not - Please read before asking questions

• If you want to install on HDD, you need to format your HDD to WiiU format. Attention it will DELETE everything on that drive. DO NOT USE THE DRIVE YOU USE FOR vWII!
  • You can use any USB drive, Hard Drive or Pen Drive. Some Hard Drives will require external power or a Y Cable
  • You might want to turn HDD sleep mode OFF before installing game to USB.
  • The downloaded games need to be the region of your Wii U. You can install game from another region but it will not launch.
  • The games will be playable online!
  • You can install as many games as you want on your system as long as you have enough space, but only one at a time, because of the folder limitation.
  • Already purchased DLC are working. You can purchase new DLC too.
  • You can't use non legit DLC. Use Loadiine with DLC support for that.
  • You can update the game (remove the server filters or use NNUPatcher before launching the game) or use WUP installer to install manually.
  • You can transfer games installed to you Hard drive to your internal storage and it will run fine
  • You can install games to internal storage without installing to USB
  • If you have an existing savegame/DLC/Update for your game on your internal storage, move it to you USB before installing the game to USB or you'll lose your savegame!
  • To install your Loadiine save into the console, use Saviine homebrew. Guide available here, or a youtube video tutorial here.
  • NUS downloads DO NOT contain the tik file, you need to extract the ticket from the WUD file.
  • You can't dump the ticket from your console, you can't dump a game is WUD format. stop asking
  • DO NOT ASK HOW TO MAKE OR DUMP A WUD, it's NOT POSSIBLE. release group are releasing games WHEN THEY DECIDE. That's all.
  • if the game is not on that site, or is present but "nuke", it means the WUD does not exist for this game. No need to search for tickets.
  • You can install ONLY disc based games. eShop version can't be installed because there's no WUD version of them.
  • You CANNOT use your loadiine ready games with this method
  • You cannot brick your WiiU with this method, as long as you try games and updates. DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL ANYTHING ELSE (like system titles) OR YOU WILL BRICK.
  • Don't install games you bought on eShop with this method. (unknown what would happen, just be safe and don't mess your tickets already installed officially)

Instructions

1. Get the game from NUS, do not decrypt. Be sure it's the same region than your console!
    you can use:
    - JNUSTool with "-dlEncrypted" command, (Recommended program !!!)
    - or NUSGrabber,
    - or NewNUSGrabber

DO NOT USE :
    Uwizard (wrong filename),
    or
    NUS Grabber GUI (it's outdated!),
  2. put the game files (.app, .h3, etc.) on your SD card, in SD:/Install/ folder
  3. get the ticket for your game (extracted from a WUD file). Be sure it's the same region than your console!
    Note: you don't need ALL the rar files to extract the full 25GB wud. Only the first .rar or .r01 file is enough to extract an incomplete wud and get the ticket.
  4. Edit the ticket (title.tik located in folder sys/02/)
    with this tool : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-ticket-modifier.445553/
    or manually : here (not an exact method, trial and error!).
  5. be sure your modified ticket is named "title.tik" if not, rename it.
  6. put the modified title.tik in the SD:/Install/ folder too.
  7. Put SD card into Wii U
  8. Plug in your WiiU Hard drive to your Wii U (if you want to install to USB)
  9. Eject any inserted game disc
  10. Launch the homebrew launcher
  11. Launch the modified wup installer (this WUP installer will not let you install system titles, so you can't brick !)
  12. Press X button to install to HDD, or press A to install to internal memory.
  13. let the game install. You will see an incorrect % progress (such as 300% or more depending on the game) don't worry and let it finish.
  14. When the install ends you will be rebooted back into the homebrew launcher, exit it and your games will be installed!
  15. delete ALL the files located on your SD:/install/ folder. You can now install another game.

I am not responsible if your Wii U bricks

All credit for this method goes to Brazilian team, King Cerelepe for testing, and all users from this thread who explained the ticket editing method.
can confirm is working, just tried ducktales remastered and it works!

Reactions: zeldaism

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I hope we get Pokken Tournament USA soon , thats the only online game that is missing in my collection :c (besides who dont want some ranked matches online xd )

ThunderbInazuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not exactly , the wii u knows the Game is in the hdd (also remember the eshop got an option to download directly to the hdd) the important thing here is that the ticket file we use is like a key to enable the installation (and later on the execution) of the Game you wanna install so This ticket will be always in Your wii u nand telling that the Game in Usb was "legally" purchased so it gave Green flag to run it
In short the wii u actually thinks that the Game came from eshop and runs it Thanks to the modded ticket
So, with this, if I use the Option " Transfer between WiiU consoles" will the games be transfered also? Since the Ticket is stored in the NAND, the answer should be yes, right?

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried again using the unmodified ticket and modifying it myself with the program, but once again it only saw 2021.8 MiB of the data and attempted to install that again, so now I have like 4gb of corrupt data.. yay.

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
When I try to install Yoshi's it tells me "don't try to install games that you didn't buy". What can I do?
BTW, it's funny because I DID buy it at launch :rofl:
Don't use the modded WUP installer from the first post.
OP thought it was funny to add the "don't try to install games that you didn't buy".

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried again using the unmodified ticket and modifying it myself with the program, but once again it only saw 2021.8 MiB of the data and attempted to install that again, so now I have like 4gb of corrupt data.. yay.
The percentage and MB displayed isn't correct
Just let it install and it will install the whole thing. The MB might recalculate multiple times and the percentage will go way over 100%

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A type of fish