• Thread starter Deletedmember331810
  • Start date
  • Views 16,182
  • Replies 83
  • Likes 2
D

Deletedmember331810

OP
Do you get a 162-0002 error when updating? If so, would you like me to help you fix it?

Edit:

PM me. I answered you in the other thread to PM me but you obviously must not want this fixed... I saw two others in there as well with the same problem and they must like having busted consoles too, lol.

Seriously though, PM me and I will walk you through it!

Reactions: jammybudga777

KhX-3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not practically screwed, it is screwed.

Actually, I am happy to report that because of a thread about a semi-bricked vWii and a solution by dantheman, and because of Cyan's help in actually pointing this out, and providing a possible solution, everything is fixed, and i'm not screwed, anymore.

Yes, vWii IOS58 got overwritten by the regular Wii IOS58 and I got locked out of Homebrew. But I was able to get back into it by combining Homebrew Loader 1.0 to load up DIRECTLY via SmashStack (bypassing Hackmii) with a program to re-install the vWii IOS's.

At first, they wouldn't install the ticket, but by loading up IOS236, I got the vWii IOS58 re-installer to work, and from there, fixed up the IOS that I damaged by stupidly replacing it the first time.

Once I did that, and then went back and proceeded to update the firmware, Error Code: 162-0002, was a thing of the past. Now that IOS58 was repaired (apparently it must check it, even if it doesn't change it, that is my guess), the update worked, I got the eShop back, and my vWii is even fully hackable once more.

Good times.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I am happy to report that because of a thread about a semi-bricked vWii and a solution by dantheman, and because of Cyan's help in actually pointing this out, and providing a possible solution, everything is fixed, and i'm not screwed, anymore.

Yes, vWii IOS58 got overwritten by the regular Wii IOS58 and I got locked out of Homebrew. But I was able to get back into it by combining Homebrew Loader 1.0 to load up DIRECTLY via SmashStack (bypassing Hackmii) with a program to re-install the vWii IOS's.

At first, they wouldn't install the ticket, but by loading up IOS236, I got the vWii IOS58 re-installer to work, and from there, fixed up the IOS that I damaged by stupidly replacing it the first time.

Once I did that, and then went back and proceeded to update the firmware, Error Code: 162-0002, was a thing of the past. Now that IOS58 was repaired (apparently it must check it, even if it doesn't change it, that is my guess), the update worked, I got the eShop back, and my vWii is even fully hackable once more.

Good times.

The issue was fully reversed? That's awesome!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge