Hacking Wii U Pro Controller to PC program release

Avanox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Avanox:
Make sure that you use the correct WUProLib.dll file with the WiiUProControllerWin.exe,
the DLL's version number should match the application's version number.
I tried to redownload "WUProLib.dll" and did it in the map, now it works correctly I guess Ö

Avanox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was thinking about buying a Pro controller to use in my pc ...but how is this program working so far:

_ Does the analogs work as they should already?
_ There is some response lag?
_ Does the battery runs low faster?
_ Is it worth it to buy a WiiU Pro controller for pc usage at this stage?

Marty91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking about buying a Pro controller to use in my pc ...but how is this program working so far:

_ Does the analogs work as they should already?
_ There is some response lag?
_ Does the battery runs low faster?
_ Is it worth it to buy a WiiU Pro controller for pc usage at this stage?

The analogs work as digital inputs only, so same as buttons, but they can also control your mouse pointer.
No lag at all in my experience.
Never had to charge my WUPC so far, since getting it last year, so I would say no.
I tend to use it mostly for older games/emulators. With newer games, you may want that full analog support.

Avanox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey, I just tried with sonic allstars racing, but have some problems to configure the analogstick on the right :(
And not all the buttons working like it should be ingame.

Someone tried it allready this game?

Greetings

Avanox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey, I just tried with sonic allstars racing, but have some problems to configure the analogstick on the right :(
And not all the buttons working like it should be ingame.

Someone tried it allready this game?

Greetings
Ingame I managed to work it like it should be.
Just the analog stick on the right I can not configure as buttons in Sonic allstars racing like (up , right , left, down)

Hopefully this will be fixed too :-)

Gwyn400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this not work with 3rd party controllers? I bought a 3rd party Wii U Pro Controller but the Toshiba bluetooth stack just says "unable to detect remote device"
I'm pretty sure I did everything right, I can connect a Wii Remote Plus fine

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Does this not work with 3rd party controllers? I bought a 3rd party Wii U Pro Controller but the Toshiba bluetooth stack just says "unable to detect remote device"
I'm pretty sure I did everything right, I can connect a Wii Remote Plus fine
I don't have one t o test but even if some do work I guess you can't trust ALL third party controllers to work since they all have their own way of doing it.

Also, does yours connect in Wii backwards compatible mode, too, to a Wii U? The third party company might have just been cheating and making it act like a Wiimote+classic controller instead of a real Pro Controller.

Gwyn400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have one t o test but even if some do work I guess you can't trust ALL third party controllers to work since they all have their own way of doing it.

Also, does yours connect in Wii backwards compatible mode, too, to a Wii U? The third party company might have just been cheating and making it act like a Wiimote+classic controller instead of a real Pro Controller.
I hope not, it wasn't exactly a cheap one, cost the same price as the official ones but they didn't have any official ones in stock. Cant really check at the moment though because my Wii U is broken

Avanox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey I have just seen I needed to go to :
"Configure Righ Analogstick" and check "Mirror YBAX" and now I can configure my right analogstick too!
Great application!!

Greetings

Deli

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.epicloot.com.sg
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi just want to say thanks for making this whole thing works. Just to report that the Save Config isn't working for me at all (ver 1.50) or at least for both the analog sticks. I've untick mirror D-pad for left analog and everytime I run the program it will be ticked again. Same for any setting for right analog stick. Mapping for keyboard arrow keys not working as well, it will be detected as numpad keys instead.

I'm using it to play Tomb Raider right now and I have to remap everything every time I start the game due to the analog sticks setting not saved. Please fix this small issue thanks!

Keep up the great work! Can't wait for full Xbox controller emulation :yayps3:

dannybun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently connected (solid LED on the controller) to my computer with this Interworks Pro Controller U, but I'm getting this message. My device name is Nintendo RVL-CNT-01, without the "-UC". I tried renaming the connection but it still does not work. Help, please?

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Interworks Pro Controller U
Did you ever try to play a wii u game with it?
because ive just read this controller does not work as a wii u pro controller!
more like a mix of wiimote and classic controller.
Misleading name and stuff to get people to buy the thing! :angry:

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently connected (solid LED on the controller) to my computer with this Interworks Pro Controller U, but I'm getting this message. My device name is Nintendo RVL-CNT-01, without the "-UC". I tried renaming the connection but it still does not work. Help, please?

You're better off trying to make scripts with GlovePIE if you plan on using that third-party controller. Don't know how well it'd work, but it's still considered a Wiimote (with switchable classic controller), so give it a shot.

chaotix000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So smoothboard keeps crashing when i try to reconnect. it also wont show the single led on the pro controller

EDIT: NVM seems to be working fine now.

Autosaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the interworks controller is not a Wii U Pro Controller. It is a Classic Controller/Wii Remote combo. It works great on the Wii U (especially games that don't support the U Pro) but I guess there are going to be issues here.

Um, the controller is supposed to be 40% cheaper than the official one. If you got one for the same price you got ripped off.

willtheoct

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if you guys are still working on this, but in case you skipped by it, the config for joysticks isnt loaded after being saved. The deadzone is, but the tickboxes and button mappings for the sticks are not saved(instead, on program load, stick 1 is set to mirror d-pad and stick 2 is disabled)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-