Hacking Wii U Pro Controller to PC program release

TeHaxor69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have now completed a program for connecting a Wii U Pro Controller to Windows with help from Daku93.

Just add your Pro Controller in the Windows Bluetooth Manager, don't use a PIN, then start the application.

Newest version:
Download Version 1.6 here
Older versions:
Download Version 1.5 here
Download Version 1.4 here
Download Version 1.3 here
Download Version 1.2 here
Download Version 1.1 here
Download Version 1.0 here

All buttons are mappable, both analogs can act as the D-Pad or YBAX Buttons.
Supports LEDs / Rumble control. Displays Battery, USB, And Analog status.

Default button mappings are:
Start-Enter
Select-Backspace
Home-ESC
D-Up-Up
D-Left-Left
D-Down-Down
D-Right-Right
Y-A
B-Z
A-X
X-S
L-Q
R-W
ZL-R
ZR-F
LH-J
RH-K

Video Demonstration of the LED function

Andreas kemp has created this awesome tutorial for using this application.

Ghork

Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately, it does not appear to be working. The only thing that works for me is the rumble.
Oh, and what are the checkboxes with buttons good for? I tried checking and unchecking them with no different results.

Daku93

Trophies
Website
usrcheat.cwsurf.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It does not work using the default Windows bluetooth stack, sadly. You need to follow those instructions to get the Pro Controller working. http://www.smoothboard.net/wiiremoteplus/
(Yes, they are about connecting a normal Remote+ but it also works for the Pro Controller)

What I'm currently working on, is getting the Pro controller to be recognized as a XBox Gamepad, so you can also use the analogs as analogs and not just as buttons. I hope to have something finished as soon as next week, but I can't promise anything since I'm not very experienced in writing C++ Code which I need to do to accomplish this...

Reactions: Ghork

Ghork

Trophies
XP
Country
It does not work using the default Windows bluetooth stack, sadly. You need to follow those instructions to get the Pro Controller working. http://www.smoothboard.net/wiiremoteplus/
(Yes, they are about connecting a normal Remote+ but it also works for the Pro Controller)
Ah, thanks, I will try that.
EDIT: Works great! Thank you for your good work!

What I'm currently working on, is getting the Pro controller to be recognized as a XBox Gamepad, so you can also use the analogs as analogs and not just as buttons. I hope to have something finished as soon as next week, but I can't promise anything since I'm not very experienced in writing C++ Code which I need to do to accomplish this...
If it wouldn't be too much trouble do you think either of you could make it possible to move the mouse with one of the analog sticks in the meantime? (Preferably the right one or having a check box for which)

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing after that to make this even more complete if you guys have the time.
Let the other analog stick map to normal keys (instead of the same as the D-Pad or XYAB buttons).

SerodD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, thanks, I will try that.
EDIT: Works great! Thank you for your good work!

If it wouldn't be too much trouble do you think either of you could make it possible to move the mouse with one of the analog sticks in the meantime? (Preferably the right one or having a check box for which)

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing after that to make this even more complete if you guys have the time.
Let the other analog stick map to normal keys (instead of the same as the D-Pad or XYAB buttons).

This would be grate with an option too chose which analog stick to work like a mouse, it would be awesome for fps's :).

Thanks for doing this, it works great!

D

Dork

So I need bluetooth to use this? I can't just use the USB cord? Bummer. Nice work though.

SerodD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh btw can someone advice me a good usb bluetooth device to make this work on my desktop? It's working great on my laptop, would love to have this on my desktop.

back25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can we make xpadder recognize this and remap it? Or make a parallel port?
If that's so, i'd love to see the analog sensitivity adressed.

edit:
So I need bluetooth to use this? I can't just use the USB cord? Bummer. Nice work though.
Isn't the USB for charging only?

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't get the Toshiba bluetooth stack installed. I have a MacBook Pro running Windows 7, and I followed the instructions from that Smoothboard page, but the installation doesn't work since it asks me to plug in the bluetooth adapter to proceed, and mine is built-in.

Is there any way to get this to work using the built-in bluetooth?

Ghork

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get the Toshiba bluetooth stack installed.
... it asks me to plug in the bluetooth adapter to proceed, and mine is built-in.
Is there any way to get this to work using the built-in bluetooth?
I'm not very knowledged in this kind of area, but you could try just disabling the bluetooth card - no uninstalling - and then when prompted to plug it in, activate it again.

earny

Trophies
XP
Country
France
it seems to be an interesting project. I believe once you finish working with the analog stick , your next goal will be to get the screen acting as a clone of the monitor of the PC :)

MichaelCann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it seems to be an interesting project. I believe once you finish working with the analog stick , your next goal will be to get the screen acting as a clone of the monitor of the PC :)
Lmfao. Wow. You clearly don't know what a pro controller is.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
hmm these apps are coming out...

but how about (v)Wii?
I know he hasn't released the source code exactly for a simple port to Wii homebrew but he has LOTS of infor in the "Wii U Pro Controller Info.txt" file in the download that someone with enough technical knowledge might be able to utilize create a library for it or add it to the existing libs.

Getting that info on WiiUBrew would be a good start, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs