i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're not going to buy it then why pirate it? :P

I would pirate Windwaker HD to look at the HD graphics for a few minutes, but I wouldn't purchase the game because I've already beaten the GC version several times.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you own Wind Waker for GC, could you justify pirating it for Wii U? Is it worth paying for updated graphics when you already payed for the same gameplay?

Different but similar to above post; x65943 didn't mention they still owned it, but rather beat it several times.

I'm inferring that you own it but may or may not have beaten it at all. Kind of like ROMs from past consoles, but this has better graphics.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We could debate about WWHD price. However, it should never be justified playing it for free. Unless maybe you broke your disc.
But my argument says it wasn't free. I paid for it in 2003 :P

I'm just trying to argue for argument's sake.

Personally, I think it would be justified at a lower price point than normal Wii U games. Full price for a remake shouldn't fly, since development costs aren't near what they were to originally make the game.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I want to play Codename Steam with Fire Emblem characters. But I only got Lucina and want to play with the others too. Do I want to buy the amiibos? No, cause they are basically cheap DLC. Lucina is pretty sweet, but the others are not. After they reviewed it here, I bought amiiqo.

Piracy or not?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play Codename Steam with Fire Emblem characters. But I only got Lucina and want to play with the others too. Do I want to buy the amiibos? No, cause they are basically cheap DLC. Lucina is pretty sweet, but the others are not. After they reviewed it here, I bought amiiqo.

Piracy or not?
Grey area morally, but piracy by definition.

I'm raising you and waiting/trying to build my own amiiqo :P for the engineering experience and because I would never buy most Amiibo anyways. The only ones I want are Villager for Smash and Mario 30th Anniversary, and will buy them when I can find them. The rest I'd just like to mess with from time to time.

I feel the same with games. I ask myself "if 'backup' loading wasn't possible, would I have bought this?" and if the answer is no but I'm curious about it, I'll try it out.

Example: Wii Sports Club. I'd never go buy it, but it would make for 10 mins of entertainment once in a while if a friend was over, so it's on my SD. Lol.

Reactions: Bimmel

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I'm raising you and waiting/trying to build my own amiiqo :P for the engineering experience and because I would never buy most Amiibo anyways. The only ones I want are Villager for Smash and Mario 30th Anniversary, and will buy them when I can find them. The rest I'd just like to mess with from time to time.

I feel the same with games. I ask myself "if 'backup' loading wasn't possible, would I have bought this?" and if the answer is no but I'm curious about it, I'll try it out.

Example: Wii Sports Club. I'd never go buy it, but it would make for 10 mins of entertainment once in a while if a friend was over, so it's on my SD. Lol.
What does "I'm raising you" mean? I don't understand the translation. :sleep:

You think you can do that so easily?

For your question: For the most games I would say yes I would not, but there are some games that are really expensive and I would never have played them without the help of piracy. Rule of Rose on the PS2 comes to mind. The mechanics are horrible, yet the game is very interesting. And very expensive.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does "I'm raising you" mean? I don't understand the translation. :sleep:

You think you can do that so easily?

For your question: For the most games I would say yes I would not, but there are some games that are really expensive and I would never have played them without the help of piracy. Rule of Rose on the PS2 comes to mind. The mechanics are horrible, yet the game is very interesting. And very expensive.
It's a poker term meaning to "go bigger." And no, making one myself would not be even close to easy, but it should be much cheaper than amiiqo when it is possible (using a Raspberry Pi). So I'm raising you meaning I'll be pirating for less money :P

Reactions: Bimmel

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I would argue amiiqo isn't piracy. You are simply unlocking content that was already on the disc you purchased.

It's on disc DLC.

Reactions: Margen67

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I differentiate between downloadable DLC and on disc DLC. On disc DLC is on a disc I have already purchased, therefore I should be able to do whatever I want with the code for personal reasons.

You could say Nintendo owns the number which unlocks the extra content. But the amiibo codes themselves are on the disc I have already purchased.

In a similar vein; if ninty sold codes for rare pokemon, I would not consider it piracy to hack a save file to acquire said pokemon.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the same game, we're not talking about VC. :)

Should you pay it less than, say, MK8? Yes. Should you get it for free? Hell no.

I think because devs spent hundreds of hours making the game, you should still have to purchase it even if you already own it for the GC. Implementation of HD graphics is not trivial. It is not the same product.

Nintendo was nice enough to bundle it with MK8 for a few months as well.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who the hell is going to berate people for not reading the stickies now?
REED THE FOCKING STICKIES M8
Fingers crossed for Pokemon GO
Pokemon Go looks like a pretty cool concept. It's like virtual reality with your imagination and I'm more than a little in love with the idea. But if there's mandatory in-app purchases then I'm done

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol