i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
REED THE FOCKING STICKIES M8

Pokemon Go looks like a pretty cool concept. It's like virtual reality with your imagination and I'm more than a little in love with the idea. But if there's mandatory in-app purchases then I'm done

There has been some speculation that you will have to pay for great/ultra/master balls.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no body replied back to me!

why is the randomizer banned?
and what wrong posts did he say?
and why is emmy kerser banned?
They were bickering back and forth in multiple threads.
And as a result the inner 8 year old came out in both of them. It went so far that personal info was posted.
The Illuminati were not going to have it. And as a result both were banned. Good enough explanation? Please stop asking the same unrelated to wii u piracy question multiple times.

BTW when it comes to pirated stuff I am completely for it. I love it and really don't care about the "starving" devs. Lol...

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay but then why is the randomizer banned for life and Emmykerser only for sometime?

ps - I mainly pirate PC games, and wii games but well pirate a little Wii u change too, in the sense I will pirate Nintendo land because I bought the disk but my very young brother pissed on it
Likeability of course. It's a GBA conspiracy. The GBA Illuminati said The randomizer must go and it was so. Two people were banned and only one person really cares about it at all. You should chill with asking too many question you really don't want to alert the Illuminati. Last guy that went poking around too much disappeared without a trace of his existence. Best not to question the decisions of the GBA Gods but to just accept them and move on.
R.I.P. Randomizer.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
lolzzz. :) wow just too much good news all in the space of a week. wii u loadiine and vc injecting and to top it all off no more randomizer "chuckle chuckle" although im not sure what your concern for them being banned is for

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piracy will hurt sales, that is a fact....but also, there is more to hacking the Wii U than just piracy. Emulators on the Wii U is something I'm REALLY looking forward to, especially getting emulators running on it where I can go between the TV and GamePad for when I feel like laying on the couch and playing or while someone else is playing PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. The GamePad is one of my favorite features of the Wii U, despite the screen not being in HD. However, I am not going to lie, I will end up pirating a few games to give them a shot. Redbox doesn't offer Wii U games where I live and I don't want to sign up for GameFly just to try out 3 or 4 games. I would like to give Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze a go to see if i'll like it. Also a couple other games such as Pikmin 3 (i've never played any Pikmin game honestly) and even try out the Batman game on Wii U to see how it plays. I plan on buying Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, but if I don't get it in the next couple weeks, i'll pirate it until I go buy it (and yes, I do buy games that I pirate first....its happened with ALOT of games..I use piracy as a 'Rental service' more than anything....)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

mesenkomaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piracy will hurt sales, that is a fact....but also, there is more to hacking the Wii U than just piracy. Emulators on the Wii U is something I'm REALLY looking forward to, especially getting emulators running on it where I can go between the TV and GamePad for when I feel like laying on the couch and playing or while someone else is playing PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. The GamePad is one of my favorite features of the Wii U, despite the screen not being in HD. However, I am not going to lie, I will end up pirating a few games to give them a shot. Redbox doesn't offer Wii U games where I live and I don't want to sign up for GameFly just to try out 3 or 4 games. I would like to give Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze a go to see if i'll like it. Also a couple other games such as Pikmin 3 (i've never played any Pikmin game honestly) and even try out the Batman game on Wii U to see how it plays. I plan on buying Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, but if I don't get it in the next couple weeks, i'll pirate it until I go buy it (and yes, I do buy games that I pirate first....its happened with ALOT of games..I use piracy as a 'Rental service' more than anything....)

You know what hurts sales? Having a console with a confusing name for nongamers. Not marketing said console. Then making it the weakest of all three of the current generation of systems. Pair those factors up with nonstandard controllers and you have quite a few reasons for the Wii u's abysmal sales figures.

If we get backup loading I will buy the thing, but there is no way I'd buy it otherwise especially this late in its life with NX releasing next year.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You know what hurts sales? Having a console with a confusing name for nongamers. Not marketing said console. Then making it the weakest of all three of the current generation of systems. Pair those factors up with nonstandard controllers and you have quite a few reasons for the Wii u's abysmal sales figures.

If we get backup loading I will buy the thing, but there is no way I'd buy it otherwise especially this late in its life with NX releasing next year.

For the naming, it's as confusing as the DS for nongamers, yet the DS has alot more sales. Maybe because of the marketing as you said. However "Weakest of all three of the current generation" you see, I don't want to start a debate on what's better ps4/x1/wii u in terms of hardware nor do I want to argue about what's current generation etc... But before the raise of pc gaming and the consumption of high performance hardware became a thing, people couldn't care any less about the hardware, people only cared about the games, which in fact that's what makes people enjoy games till today, the fun I have with my family and friends on nintendo consoles is far from the ps or xbox.... So "weakest" hardware-wise is not really something that affects sales so much, maybe marketing-wise it can be used as a selling argument, but that's all it is, it really doesn't affect the experience the person is seeking to buy the console. Just look at 3DS comparing to ps vita ;).

Buy or not buy is your ultimate choice ^^, the main motivation that made me buy a Wii U in the beginning was Mario kart 8 :), and until today that game is still as much fun !

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Was the Xbox One not a confusing name for people? NEW 3DS vs 3DS not confusing? 2DS not confusing to folks? 2DS sounds like a "new system" almost but no games out there have "2DS" on the spine, instead it says "3DS". "New 3DS" was the most when it comes down to it. What's gonna happen when Nintendo releases another 3DS? I mean, there is the 3DS, 3DS XL, New 3DS, New 3DS XL, there could be another one, who knows.

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Was the Xbox One not a confusing name for people? NEW 3DS vs 3DS not confusing? 2DS not confusing to folks? 2DS sounds like a "new system" almost but no games out there have "2DS" on the spine, instead it says "3DS". "New 3DS" was the most when it comes down to it. What's gonna happen when Nintendo releases another 3DS? I mean, there is the 3DS, 3DS XL, New 3DS, New 3DS XL, there could be another one, who knows.
The people are used with their experience with the DS and the GBA that Nintendo always make a crap ton of different models of the same system.
We had the DS Fat, the DS Lite, the DSi, the DSi XL, GBA, GBA SP, GBA Micro... it's not really something new, so is not that confusing like the Wii U, a lot of people that I know still thinks that is a portable system like a Tablet, or just a controller for the Wii.

smashbrolink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Using "I hate this console so I'll pirate instead" logic as an excuse, does not justify piracy.
It's just as wrong here as it would be if you were doing it for PS4 or XBone.
Also, there's no evidence that the NX is releasing next year, and quite a bit of precedent showing that it'll release the year after next, as 99% of all Nintendo's home consoles have released the year following their official announcement.

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using "I hate this console so I'll pirate instead" logic as an excuse, does not justify piracy.
Also, there's no evidence that the NX is releasing next year, and quite a bit of precedent showing that it'll release the year after next, as 99% of all Nintendo's home consoles have released the year following their official announcement.
Go away

mesenkomaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't need justification to piracy. So long as there is a positive cost savings basis anything is on the table. The problem with the Wii U is that there probably aren't enough games to backup load to even make it worth the 300 dollar purchase. That's a really sad state of affairs for Nintendo, the console with retread first party software, no third party support, and an underpowered system. So yeah...reconsidering my decision to purchase even if there is a full access exploit released.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.