Hacking Wii U Piracy Discussion

MK8Haxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think anything in hacking is fine - BESIDES: Piracy, Selling. And charging for emulators! Pay for games guys, seriously, stop complaining about games and then stealing them. Give nintendo money to make games!

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think anything in hacking is fine - BESIDES: Piracy, Selling. And charging for emulators! Pay for games guys, seriously, stop complaining about games and then stealing them. Give nintendo money to make games!
Why shouldn't someone be able to charge money for a piece of software that is 100% legal that they own?

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
What's the problem with charging for emulators? Those are made by others than Nintendo (As you're probably not talking about VC). They take a lot of time to develop. So why should emulator developers not be able to charge for their emulators.

And yes, I am aware emulators are usually combined with pirated roms, but even than the pirated roms are the problem not the emulator.

Reactions: Monado_III

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo Europe Research and Development did a pretty spot-on job with the NES mini and Gameboy Advance/DS emulators, didn't they?

Indeed, but the Wii U N64 and Snes emulators are garbage iMO. Glad I can play Snes9x 1.53 perfectly on the Wii U.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The N64 one isn't all that bad, is it? It's better than what we've got on the PC, anyway

Debatable, still can't run any Rare games besides DK64 and Banjo Kazooie; all others crash. Plus Nintendo effed up DK64's audio pretty badly :P

PJ64 actually can run all of Factor 5's games with the GlideN64 plugin :D

Edit: I did a comparative study, Wii U version stupidly uses linear audio interpolation for Rare games

PJ64 https://filetrip.net/view?r6wwd6QDbD
Wii U VC https://filetrip.net/view?K6QoC2uKOa

Edit 2: Besides, N64 emulators on PC can run 64DD ROMs now.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

sQlALLstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread makes me laugh.... First off, no Nintendo is NOT losing money on their WiiU sales - they made profit on their hardware. They even said so themselves. Secondly, piracy does NOT help Nintendo or any company - you can tell yourself that all day long - but it's stealing. Look at the music industry - people stopped buying CDS... piracy, youtube, napster,etc..
How would stealing software help them? Get the word out? Convince you to buy it? Pirate's thinking is so diluted. You want the game but don't want to spend the money - that's that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi