Hacking Wii U Piracy Discussion

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, just like that time when Linux put Microsoft out of business, then Google released Android and Apple's stock dropped to like half it's previous value in a month. Oh wait, that didn't happen. Companies always find ways to make money, they just need to be willing to evolve with the times. Mark my words, in a couple of years when consumer affordable 3D printers become available, toy vendors like Lego are going to freak out because you'll be able to download Lego designs and print them at home for 1/10th the price of the retail set.

I'll accept that the Linux point is a very good one, although I know a lot of people who would rather have Windows for one reason or another, mainly that they think Linux is "weaker" (not my opinion, I love it), but the Android/Apple logic is flawed because iOS only runs on Apple hardware, which is really the only reason it survives. Brand appeal, looks, and simplicity are really the only thing keeping Apple afloat right now

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
but the Android/Apple logic is flawed because iOS only runs on Apple hardware, which is really the only reason it survives. Brand appeal, looks, and simplicity are really the only thing keeping Apple afloat right now

So you're saying brand exclusivity is not a legit way to stay in business? I know a few game companies that would like to disagree.

You second argument is bait for apple fanboys, nice try. You're partially right there though.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game ripping to USB and loading games via USB. And before you guys cry piracy, this is more for convenience purposes as swapping disks is inconvenient.
You can always buy Wii U games on eShop as well. But yeah I agree with disc switching every time especially if you play a lot of Wii U games. I even have New Super Luigi U on disc lol.
Needs the firmware spoofing to access the eShop. But let's just hope a USB loader will not be released too early though.
*Cross-replying to carry on conversation*
Some of us like to collect disks, so it's not quite illegitimized yet. The day Nintendo allows us to install content from a disk to the console, however, it will be

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My post count has reached the sacred prophetic number: 67
The prophecy is coming true.
Something is going to happen Soon(tm)
Soon(TM) GateWay will release a bootrom exploit allowing piracy on the Wii U for all two people who are still on System Menu version 1.1.0

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So can we get back on topic please?

There has been ZERO piracy on Wii U since its release up to and including today. Is the Wii U a booming system with lots of top grade developers releasing their AAA titles for Wii U, given this astonishing track record and the maturity of development tools currently available? No.

Would the availability of a reliable piracy tool kill the Wii U? That's the question. It didn't kill the Wii; the Wii has been available as a mini edition even today! It also didn't kill the Gameboy. It didn't kill the Gameboy color. It didn't kill the GBA. It didn't kill the DS.

Nintendo would be wise though not to exclude systems from purchasing legal content. They do this on the 3DS; you play obviously pirated carts online = ban. You buy and download stuff from eShop, even though Nintendo can find out you're running an EmuNAND = works fine. If people want to throw money your way, by all means let them.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos

There has been ZERO piracy on Wii U since its release up to and including today. Is the Wii U a booming system with lots of top grade developers releasing their AAA titles for Wii U, given this astonishing track record and the maturity of development tools currently available? No.

Would the availability of a reliable piracy tool kill the Wii U? That's the question. It didn't kill the Wii; the Wii has been available as a mini edition even today! It also didn't kill the Gameboy. It didn't kill the Gameboy color. It didn't kill the GBA. It didn't kill the DS.

Nintendo would be wise though not to exclude systems from purchasing legal content. They do this on the 3DS; you play obviously pirated carts online = ban. You buy and download stuff from eShop, even though Nintendo can find out you're running an EmuNAND = works fine. If people want to throw money your way, by all means let them.

Just letting you know, you're going to get people throwing the PSP at you.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can see it, yeah

Although the poor sales are really due to a lot of dumb decisions by Nintendo culminating at one time, not the lack of piracy on the system (at least, it's not the most prevalent contributor), and I feel like if Nintendo felt like what little sales they had on the Wii U were threatened, they would most likely shut whatever exploit is was down ASAP. I think the reason they haven't done so with the 3DS is because of how big the outcry would be

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
The only way you get ban so far on the 3ds is using a shitty sky card :hateit: or using public headers on GW. I use headers from games I own & I play online a lot. Touch wood I'm still ok with my GW card.

Reactions: Margen67

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
OP updated. Maybe hopefully we will hear less of the "gimme romz loader plz" crowd??

They're showing support of a rom loader, if they're merely saying "I'd like to see a USB loader sometime" I don't see what your problem is. If they were asking if there was one made yet, or begging for someone to make one, than I can see the annoyance.

Reactions: Margen67

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm all for a loader being released. I like having a cover flow to select what title I feel like playing. The wiiu has been out for a long while now & with nintendo working on the NX, I really don't see the big issue with everyone banging on about piracy. It's going to happen at some point anyway.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm all for a loader being released. I like having a cover flow to select what title I feel like playing. The wiiu has been out for a long while now & with nintendo working on the NX, I really don't see the big issue with everyone banging on about piracy. It's going to happen at some point anyway.

One of the most primal instincts in humans is to want what they don't have. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-