Hacking Wii U Homebrew Situation and FAQ

D

Deleted User

Heres an idea, why don't we get someone to just make a quick shitty eshop game and hide an exploit in it.
With Nintendo accepting crap like "The Letter" and "Meme Run" it should be fairly easy to get it accepted.
Probably a stupid idea but it may be worth a shot if its a possibility.

D

Deleted User

Heres an idea, why don't we get someone to just make a quick shitty eshop game and hide an exploit in it.
With Nintendo accepting crap like "The Letter" and "Meme Run" it should be fairly easy to get it accepted.

As soon as an exploit is mentioned with that game, it will cease to exist on the eshop

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

mrbigreddog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Maybe they already did... I mean really, who would design a legitimate game like Meme Runner? I'm really... REALLY!!

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this may be a stupid question, but are there any Wii U games that could have hombrew-access potential?

Any game from your region could have potential.
Realistically, Only 2 come to mind.
1) Super Smash Bros (because of sd card access)
2) Monster Hunter (because of 3ds save importing [since 3ds is hacked])

MindForged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten the Gamecube controller adapter working for Wii games in Wii Mode? I can't seem to find anything about that; Is anyone even working on that, or is there some problem with attempting something like that (I'd think not, given the success with doing so for GCN games)?

Perhaps I should note that I was referring to the adapter Nintendo created for Sm4sh, and if anyone had worked/is working on getting the device to work for Wii games that support the GameCube controller (mainly Brawl, but preferably universal access, a la Nintendon't if possible) on the Wii U's Wii Mode.

DarkerSuperTails

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need help with NUS title key. I need The legend of zelda wind waker HD NUS title key and the version. Sorry if am bothering you or in the wrong thread cause am new. xD

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need help with NUS title key. I need The legend of zelda wind waker HD NUS title key and the version. Sorry if am bothering you or in the wrong thread cause am new. xD

Asking for private keys here is a no no. That's confidential proprietary information. If someone is willing to help you obtain it from your own dump of the game, that's an entirely different story ;). Just don't post it here :D

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this may be a stupid question, but are there any Wii U games that could have hombrew-access potential?

Any game from your region could have potential.
Realistically, Only 2 come to mind.
1) Super Smash Bros (because of sd card access)
2) Monster Hunter (because of 3ds save importing [since 3ds is hacked])

Definitely the two best options (that's I'm aware of) for game based exploits. However, the chance of a major exploit coming from a game based exploit on the Wii U (vWii doesn't count :P) is slim. Wii U games have some sort of extra "layer" of security called NX. I'm really not sure how it works, but from what Marionumber1 and others have stated, its very difficult to "break into." Userland exploits (like Ninjhax for 3DS) could happen, but anything outside of a Userland exploit would be very difficult to pull off.

Webkit (attacking the Wii U's web browser) is a much better hacking vector. MN1 and NWPlayer123 are working on a kernel exploit which is ultimately triggered from the web browser. From what I understand its near completion, so keep your Wii U on a low firmware (if possible). Delete any wifi settings etc to prevent any silent updating and don't buy any new games anytime soon :P.

Reactions: endoverend

MarioBrosThe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely the two best options (that's I'm aware of) for game based exploits. However, the chance of a major exploit coming from a game based exploit on the Wii U (vWii doesn't count :P) is slim. Wii U games have some sort of extra "layer" of security called NX. I'm really not sure how it works, but from what Marionumber1 and others have stated, its very difficult to "break into." Userland exploits (like Ninjhax for 3DS) could happen, but anything outside of a Userland exploit would be very difficult to pull off.

Webkit (attacking the Wii U's web browser) is a much better hacking vector. MN1 and NWPlayer123 are working on a kernel exploit which is ultimately triggered from the web browser. From what I understand its near completion, so keep your Wii U on a low firmware (if possible). Delete any wifi settings etc to prevent any silent updating and don't buy any new games anytime soon :P.

Well I already knew that the WebKit exploit works, but it doesn't help with the fucking auto updates. And I am currently TRYING to block the IPs needed to block updates.

Nym5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My WiiU is on 5.1.2 and a fun fact is that i don't know how the hell it updated to it. The only update that i installed was from Super Mario 3D World (i bought the console just a month ago) and i saw somewhere that it was safe to update using this game because it was only a 5.1.0 update. Anyway, it's done and my doubt now is if i should lose hope and can go directly to the last update to be able to use online features or there is hope and should i stay on 5.1.2?

I ask because the Hacking Discussion Thread says that anything above 5.1.0 is already patched to protect about this exploit that they are working in.

NWPlayer123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My WiiU is on 5.1.2 and a fun fact is that i don't know how the hell it updated to it. The only update that i installed was from Super Mario 3D World (i bought the console just a month ago) and i saw somewhere that it was safe to update using this game because it was only a 5.1.0 update. Anyway, it's done and my doubt now is if i should lose hope and can go directly to the last update to be able to use online features or there is hope and should i stay on 5.1.2?

I ask because the Hacking Discussion Thread says that anything above 5.1.0 is already patched to protect about this exploit that they are working in.

No, 5.1.2 is fine, it's just that the Webkit bug we were using to execute code got fixed so we need to find a new one, the kernel exploit still works which is the hard part of the equation. So, stay on 5.1.2 as long as you can.

JVC2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For the current web exploit it only works on a certain FW,but the exploit should work on current or can be updated to do so,but after done its sure to be patched in some way or even in its total form.

Reactions: Nym5

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, 5.1.2 is fine, it's just that the Webkit bug we were using to execute code got fixed so we need to find a new one, the kernel exploit still works which is the hard part of the equation. So, stay on 5.1.2 as long as you can.

Ah dammit...I've been on 5.2.0 for some time because I was stupid, so....gonna be a very long time for me :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1