EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
So, short off-topic question but is this a new thread here now aka. we have 2 or am I just confused completely now... The "old" one got spammed extremely.

UPDATE: Nevermind, I was just too sleepy to figure it out ^^"

fwb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have 5.3.2, I want to update my Smash4 and play online, is it possible to do without a system update?

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have 5.3.2, I want to update my Smash4 and play online, is it possible to do without a system update?
Not at the moment, but theoretically may be possible.

Has anyone (with the kernel exploit, if required) tried patching the function nn::nim::NeedsNetworkUpdate((bool *))? Would patching this (perhaps like the patch we have for accessing the eShop on the 3DS when not on the newest version) allow access to the eShop/update installs?

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I erase my internet settings (clear them) will my Wii U NOT update?
What I did is just create empty internet settings. Just add an additional #number# or letter at the end of the ID and it should not be able to connect, and for the other spots available just do a manual setup and enter test as ID and save, there really shouldnt be a problem. It's how I have mine set up.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I did is just create empty internet settings. Just add an additional #number# or letter at the end of the ID and it should not be able to connect, and for the other spots available just do a manual setup and enter test as ID and save, there really shouldnt be a problem. It's how I have mine set up.
And it's worked for you so far? How long have you had it like that?:)

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super. Thanks!
Yeah, as long as all of the internet setups have the wrong information it should not be able to connect. Just in case make sure that you have the (forgot the name) sleep mode enabled or that menu that allows you to receive notifications turned on just in case. and if possible when not in use unplug the power cord, you can never be too careful :D

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, as long as all of the internet setups have the wrong information it should not be able to connect. Just in case make sure that you have the (forgot the name) sleep mode enabled or that menu that allows you to receive notifications turned on just in case. and if possible when not in use unplug the power cord, you can never be too careful :D
Very true! Thank ya :) Hope this keeps the pesky updates out ;)

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Homebrew means offline forever? Do you have any sing that the version can be spoofed? Or update the proper system file , the iosU to play online? Does it seem like it will work like the Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in