DNSpresso, a brand new DNS-based exploit for the Wii U gets released

While the Nintendo Switch currently holds the spotlight when it comes to Nintendo consoles, the Wii U is still being held dearly by many as an emulation and homebrew machine, more so due to its unique dual screen feature.

One of the most prominent Wii U scene homebrew developers, @GaryOderNichts, has worked on a brand new exploit for the Nintendo Wii U, which is based on modifying a connection's DNS to launch a payload into the Wii U. The steps to get this new exploit up and running is quite easy to achieve, and here's the exact instructions by released by Gary:

Instructions
  • Place all files required for booting into your homebrew environment on your SD Card (for example from aroma.foryour.cafe).
  • Place a RPX you want to boot on the root of your SD Card and rename it to launch.rpx (for example PayloadFromRPX).
  • On your Wii U head over to System Settings -> Internet -> Connect to the Internet and setup a new connection (Recommended!).
  • Go to (X) Connection List and select your newly created connection.
  • Select Change Settings -> DNS -> Do not auto-obtain.
  • Enter 85.215.57.182 as the Primary DNS and select Confirm.
  • Press (B) Back and select Connection Test.
This new method opens up yet another entry for the console (and it's never too much when it comes to console exploits nowadays).
Those interested, can also check out the GitHub repository for the exploit, and for the technical savvy people, Gary wrote an in-depth technical write up for the DNS exploit.

:arrow: DNSpresso release thread
:arrow: DNSpresso GitHub repository

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2beee4d986d7c9a4198a60bc44294705.jpg

...For anyone wondering, yes this was a REAL thing. Never got to try it, but I hear it was actually quite tasty.
It was rad! It tasted like Trix kinda. 2 flavors in one box. They had an awesome commercial!

Totally bodacious Nintendo Cereal System jingle!

To the tune of SMB1 Underground Theme

"Nintendo, it's for breakfast now!
Nintendo, its a cereal, WOW!
Nintendo, Super Mario jumps!
With the fruity flavored crunch!
Nintendo, there's Zelda too!
Nintendo, it's very good news!
Nintendo, two cereals in one yeah!"

Last edited by mikefor20,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wii U hack scene is active then ever!
More than on the Switch currently imho. Nothing really big really new happened to the Switch in quite some time now although there's 18 million units out there that can be softmodded and another 100 million that could use a hardmod.

However I really love the Wii U. Since I'm using the Switch mostly in handheld mode (especially the beautiful OLED), the Wii U is still the best TV console imho since it covers emulation via RetroArch and plays GC, Wii and Wii U natively, each with their original controllers.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Sweet!!! There's always good news to have more exploit alternatives. The Wii U was my favorite console until the Switch appeared. It is an incredible and fun console. Really underrated. I still remember buying it on launch day with my son, and coming home to play Nintendo Land. A big bunch of good games, and then after the hack came around, the ability to emulate Nintendo consoles up until Wii, man those were the times!!! I really enjoyed playing this console, I have very fond memories with it. It is still hooked up on my living room. I seldom play it, but every now and then I enjoy just browsing the menu, watching all those games and remembering all the good, happy times I enjoyed with this and my family.

Reactions: newo

trepp0

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I still have HAXX payload it still working last week when i accidently deleted some apps homebrew launch thanks to HAXX for backup and i fixed my card with haxchi channel. i have cold boot haxchi. Everything is working normal again
Migrate to tirimisu asap

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Sweet!!! There's always good news to have more exploit alternatives. The Wii U was my favorite console until the Switch appeared. It is an incredible and fun console. Really underrated. I still remember buying it on launch day with my son, and coming home to play Nintendo Land. A big bunch of good games, and then after the hack came around, the ability to emulate Nintendo consoles up until Wii, man those were the times!!! I really enjoyed playing this console, I have very fond memories with it. It is still hooked up on my living room. I seldom play it, but every now and then I enjoy just browsing the menu, watching all those games and remembering all the good, happy times I enjoyed with this and my family.
Thats all that matter,beautiful memories.

Reactions: nWo

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I always love new exploits! Especially since CBHC is impossible now with the eShop being closed. The only thing that I miss is the "The homemenu ropbin is ready", it always excites me for some reason.

FFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this a better option than the current exploit options? I doubt it, but thought to ask just in case.

dh3lix-pooch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
brainhack.de
XP
Country
Germany

While the Nintendo Switch currently holds the spotlight when it comes to Nintendo consoles, the Wii U is still being held dearly by many as an emulation and homebrew machine, more so due to its unique dual screen feature.

One of the most prominent Wii U scene homebrew developers, @GaryOderNichts, has worked on a brand new exploit for the Nintendo Wii U, which is based on modifying a connection's DNS to launch a payload into the Wii U. The steps to get this new exploit up and running is quite easy to achieve, and here's the exact instructions by released by Gary:

This new method opens up yet another entry for the console (and it's never too much when it comes to console exploits nowadays).
Those interested, can also check out the GitHub repository for the exploit, and for the technical savvy people, Gary wrote an in-depth technical write up for the DNS exploit.

:arrow: DNSpresso release thread
:arrow: DNSpresso GitHub r

Wii U hack scene is active then ever!
Tbh... Wii U would be not even worth keeping in my gaming rack without it. 🤌

Reactions: raphamotta

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
is this a better option than the current exploit options? I doubt it, but thought to ask just in case.
I mean it's an option. It works just as well as all other exploits but this one is the easiest of them all plus totally free. So it's a big win!

Reactions: nWo

Halbour

Love yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Very clever name, I dig it.
Post automatically merged:

Unless it's regarding YouTube or Netflix due to licensing, I doubt it.
Licensing? How?
Post automatically merged:

I mean it's an option. It works just as well as all other exploits but this one is the easiest of them all plus totally free. So it's a big win!
Are there exploits that cost money :blink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?