Hardware Wii U has “more RAM" than X360/PS3 & really great processor

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
The tech demos that actually could be considered interactive games (no, not like the Naked Snake demo, that is scripted too with a little freedom)
The Naked Snake demo allowed for full camera-control and was rendered entirely on the 3DS. I would say that it was a pretty accurate gauge of the 3DS's abilities (even if RE: Revelations - an actual game - surpassed it).

Full camera control doesn't change what happens within the tech demo. No amount of player input in that would change what happens. It was basically a cut-scene running off an unchanging script. It wasn't gauging any elements that would be considered part of what makes a game a game, like AI, or as I mentioned, changes based on player input.

D

Deleted_171835

The tech demos that actually could be considered interactive games (no, not like the Naked Snake demo, that is scripted too with a little freedom)
The Naked Snake demo allowed for full camera-control and was rendered entirely on the 3DS. I would say that it was a pretty accurate gauge of the 3DS's abilities (even if RE: Revelations - an actual game - surpassed it).

Full camera control doesn't change what happens within the tech demo. No amount of player input in that would change what happens. It was basically a cut-scene running off an unchanging script. It wasn't gauging any elements that would be considered part of what makes a game a game, like AI, or as I mentioned, changes based on player input.
Well tech demos are supposed to show the theoretical capabilities of a system. Obviously they're not going to incorporate that stuff. Even so, you can't deny that the Naked Sample would certainly be possible on a 3DS. The only thing that made it so amazing were the upgraded models and textures as well as certain effects. And like I said, Revelations which isn't a demo already surpassed that.

Chaos Rush

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm conviced that Twilight screenshot is from the Wii version.
Why the hell does that even matter? The graphics on Twilight Princess are EXACTLY THE SAME on GameCube. They didn't upgrade anything at all (but they flipped the entire game so Link is right-handed).

EDIT: This is a GameCube game:
920769_20061213_screen005.jpg

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surprised this hasn't been posted, this is worth a watch for people who don't fully understand tech specs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcnsG11MRE8

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was posted in one of the (many) other threads on speculating specs.

I think it's quite obvious to anyone that doesn't have a fanboy bone to pick that the Wii U won't be weaker than the PS3/X-box (just like the Wii was easily stronger than PS2/GCN/and X-box). The real question, (and one that can't be answered yet) is whether it will be weaker than Sony and Microsoft's next consoles. All the rumors point to yes, but some of the rumors have said "... but not by as much as you'd think."

I tend to think that's what we should expect. The Wii U may be underpowered compared to it's future competition, but it probably won't be to the extent that it can't have ported games like the Wii couldn't have PS3 games (of anywhere near the same quality). Think PS2 getting x-box games... they weren't near as pretty, but they played perfectly fine... and this next generation even the weakest console will be capable of full 1080p graphics better than x-box 360 and I'm not especially worried.

mjh2260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The real question, (and one that can't be answered yet) is whether it will be weaker than Sony and Microsoft's next consoles. All the rumors point to yes, but some of the rumors have said "... but not by as much as you'd think."

I would guess that new MS and Sony consoles will beat the Wii U for the simple fact that the Wii U will be released 1st, and theirs being still in R&D mode they'll have time to make changes.

D

Deleted_171835

In case anyone still thought the Wii U was less powerful than PS360, here's a quote by Craig Harris working on Aliens: Colonial Marines.

“Nintendo… has to release hardware that’s of the expectations of the gamer today. “… I don’t think we would be bringing the game to a system that would be inferior to current gen. (HD) systems.” - Craig Harris, SEGA

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=176367

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
In case anyone still thought the Wii U was less powerful than PS360, here's a quote by Craig Harris working on Aliens: Colonial Marines. “Nintendo… has to release hardware that’s of the expectations of the gamer today. “… I don’t think we would be bringing the game to a system that would be inferior to current gen. (HD) systems.” - Craig Harris, SEGA http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=176367
Good luck convincing them... The Nintendo anti-fanboys are having the hard evidence that the Wii-U is more powerful than the PS3/360 shoved in their face 7 times over, and they're still insisting it'll be weaker. *double facepalm*

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case anyone still thought the Wii U was less powerful than PS360, here's a quote by Craig Harris working on Aliens: Colonial Marines. “Nintendo… has to release hardware that’s of the expectations of the gamer today. “… I don’t think we would be bringing the game to a system that would be inferior to current gen. (HD) systems.” - Craig Harris, SEGA http://gonintendo.co...story&id=176367
Good luck convincing them... The Nintendo anti-fanboys are having the hard evidence that the Wii-U is more powerful than the PS3/360 shoved in their face 7 times over, and they're still insisting it'll be weaker. *double facepalm*

You might get a kick out of this video, the makes a ton of great points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUBQnkb7JjTfpaIARq53ZLGQ&feature=player_detailpage&v=cnePM5C0BbM

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1