GBAtemp Exclusive Hate Train #1 - The Great Nintendo Switcheroo

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Foxi4, Dec 6, 2016.

1. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
  2. Zero Dozer

Zero Dozer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2014
    Brazil
    Santo André, Brazil
    Wait, so if I'm qualified enough, I can actually write toxic articles WITH PERMISSION for GBATemp?

Sounds like my kind of sport. I have a lot of venom to spill over Final Fantasy XV myself.

Last edited by Zero Dozer, Dec 14, 2016
  3. Wander's Hat

Wander's Hat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2015
    Our perception of Nintendo's audiences are wayyyyy off, and you give the sweaty manchildren too much credit. Aren't Ninty fans either literal children, ironic meme degenerates or hypersensitive babi-- oh... nowww I get it...

I'll buy the Switch if something there interests me enough to warrant buying it. Honestly, Nintendo games have gotten so stale, yet people eat them up. Mario and Pokémon are the biiiiig culprits in my book. Meanwhile, the same Ninty fans will scoff at shit like Five Nights at Freddy's for doing the same fucking thing. If you're gonna punish the latter, at least punish the former too.

If there's nothing unique that my phone, a Raspberry Pi or my PC can't do, I'll get the Switch for free when the opportunity is there, like I did my PS4. (For those wondering, I got my PS4 free with a phone contract. And I've used that more )

Will GBATemp do movies? I've got a lot to write about when it comes to my hate for Shrek. I'd have content for days. hmu, gbatemp.

Last edited by Wander's Hat, Dec 14, 2016
  4. pasc

pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    One could think this is an Apple bashing thread...

5. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Don't get me started on Apple and their "fans"....

2Hack likes this.
  6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    It seems rather silly to write an entire article based on a system that hasn't even had it's official hardware released yet. You are basically dumping on a teaser.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  7. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    What's so wrong about casting judgements based on the information we have available?

8. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    The fact that none of it's confirmed information. It would have been better to actually wait until something is actually confirmed before attacking it.
    As well there really was no reason to sticky this on the main page.

9. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    There are plenty of things that are confirmed, and many things that are likely; not all speculation is baseless. Many of the judgements have been based off what we have seen. I see nothing wrong with that.

Does this "wait until something is actually confirmed" clause also apply to those who are excited/looking forward to the Switch? If not, why not?

10. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    I am not bringing my feelings about the Switch into this. I am just stating that dumping on unconfirmed hardware is just silly. There's really been nothing more than, it uses Nvidia.

11. Fronic

Fronic Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2014
    United States
    Waterford, Michigan
    Amusing read. Anyone else getting a Switch on release?

12. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Thanks for avoiding my question.

Again, we know that it's a tablet of a given shape and size, we effectively know that the dock is only an HDMI out and a fan, we know that it uses Nvidia, and maybe we've even seen some real footage of Switch games. From all of this we can discuss what's possible (or even likely) about how the Switch will run. No-one is claiming to have perfect knowledge and future sight of what hardware is going to be inside the Switch, but people are making educated guesses, and I think that people are entitled to their own views and judgements based on those. Evidently, you disagree.

VinLark likes this.
  13. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    I don't actually think a lot of people excited for the Switch are really in it for the hardware. At this point, people following Nintendo have more than likely given up on expecting cutting-edge hardware. Nintendo used to have focus on hardware, but recent years have shown that they seriously don't give a shit about using cutting edge tech.

14. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    If you had read the section of the article about Gunpei Yokoi's philosophy, you would know that Nintendo has never really been about 'cutting-edge' hardware (in the sense of 'good specs'). That being said, it doesn't mean that people aren't justified in wanting good hardware, and hoping that Nintendo would realise their mistakes from the Wii and Wii U.

VinLark likes this.
  15. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Actually the Wii U's failure really wasn't the hardware, but poor marketing. The name, the lack of 3rd party games, lack of advertising, long waits between games, and other poor choices. Those are what really killed the system more than the hardware. Hardware didn't help with devs, but at the same time the devs were making the same games for the PS3/360, which really means they should have easily worked on the Wii U. But Nintendo just never pushed for 3rd party games.

16. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    I never claimed that it wasn't. My point is that many people are wanting Nintendo consoles to have impressive hardware, and have been disappointed time and time again. Of course, the Wii had, comparatively, terrible hardware, but sold amazingly. That doesn't mean that no-one was disappointed by the fact that it lacked HD, for example. Third party support is a whole different issue. At any rate, all of this has little to do with my original point.

VinLark likes this.
  17. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    This really has nothing to do with my post either. My point was less about the hardware and just about the rant itself. Making an entire rant, then plastering it on the main page is ok. But it seems silly to rant about something when we haven't even seen it yet. There has been one trailer and one confirmed piece of information. This rant rubs me in the same manor as "Do you think the Switch will be hacked?" threads.

18. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    But the 'rant' is based off of known information. No-one is claiming to know something that we don't, people are making judgements based off what we know so far. They might be wrong, they might be right, but, regardless, there's nothing wrong with being disappointed with what we know of the Switch so far.

Again, I ask you, is it 'silly' for people to be excited by, or looking forward to, the Switch?

VinLark likes this.
  19. Lilith Valentine

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    I am not saying people can't be disappointed, just does this really need to be on the main page?
    And it's not silly for people to be disappointed or excited for the Switch. They are free to feel whatever they want to feel.

20. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    It was written by a GBAtemp Reporter.

I agree, but it certainly seems as though you don't like people expressing negative views on the Switch. After all, you just said "it seems silly to rant about something when we haven't even seen it yet". Would you respond to an article praising the Switch (when we 'haven't seen it yet') in the same way that you responded to this article?

VinLark likes this.