GBAtemp Exclusive Hate Train #1 - The Great Nintendo Switcheroo

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Foxi4, Dec 6, 2016.

1. TotalInsanity4

Member TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

United States
    Ok, I'm sorry, it was bad enough when it was just on the front page, but do we really need the first thing every new user sees to be an extremely negative, near troll-level news article that's pinned to the top?

Rangnarok and smileyhead like this.

2. comput3rus3r

Member comput3rus3r GBAtemp Regular

United States
    He obviously wrote this as a comedic piece. But it's mostly wrong. Go watch Stanley Opars history of videogames
    Then you'll know why Nintendo does what it does. I buy Nintendo precisely for Mario and Zelda games. If I want something else I play on my gaming pc. Why would anybody want Nintendo to be like cheap pc box or lame station. Lol

Rangnarok, PkPizza and Veho like this.
  3. Subtle Demise

Member Subtle Demise Entitled and Ungrateful

United States
    Look at that small box in the middle of the thumbnail. Nintendo ripped off Magnavox!

hobbledehoy899, Veho and comput3rus3r like this.
  4. aaronz77

Newcomer aaronz77 Advanced Member

United States
    As an owner of the Nvidia shield, tablet, TV box, ps3/4/vita, xboxes, wii, and Wii U. I can safely say that I can't stop playing the same old shit over and over again. and for some reason I keep buying it. I realize that I AM the problem here, but I feel as if I have been programmed since Christmas 1988 (I was eleven) by Nintendo. I might have an addiction problem...

Wander's Hat and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  5. dAVID_

Member dAVID_ GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    There's so much hate on the internet.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  6. Dr.Hacknik

Member Dr.Hacknik Advanced Fan | Dev| GBAtemps Official (2nd) Lilith

United States
    Mostly true and all, but I'm not offended. Yet, why create a Hate-Train? You're just asking for Negative feedback and a huge Nuclear war. I just don't get it. Anyways, this thread is pointless besides making some valid points but hating on the console at the same time. It hasn't even been released yet, yet you're hating, judging, and bashing Nintendo and their console. So, just hold your opinions tell we can actually hold and use the device, rather than before.

~I'm done here.

[​IMG]

7. vincentx77

Member vincentx77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't really get why there's so much hate and negativity surrounding the Switch. Will it usurp to current gen consoles in power? No. Does it have to? NO! Nintendo can scream and yell all they want that this is a home console, and to an extent, that's the gimmick, but they've made this thing for their Japanese audience. Over there, handhelds still do extremely well, especially with an adults. If we stop looking at this thing as the 2nd coming of Xbox, and more as the Vita done correctly (with a built in PS TV), it looks like a more exciting prospect. Yes, I know they're marketing it as a home console. That is still not it's selling point. Having something that's 'close enough' to current gen that you can carry around and then doc if you want it on your tv is going to be amazing for RPGs. And this will be better than those Android tablets because natively compiled apps will slaughter the mess that is Android.

8. invaderyoyo

Member invaderyoyo invader

United States
    I feel like it will be too weak to be a a true home console and too big to be a true portable.

I'm gonna get one, but I can tell I won't be lugging this thing around.

Xiphiidae likes this.
  9. UltraDolphinRevolution

Newcomer UltraDolphinRevolution Advanced Member

Germany
    Many people don't like the thickness of the Wii U gamepad but for me, a thin tablet is going to be less comfortable.
    Interesting article even though I'm critical of the Switch for other reasons.

10. brigcaster

Member brigcaster GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    A Part II will be nice for the January presentation.

hobbledehoy899 likes this.
  11. MisterAlex

Newcomer MisterAlex Member

United States
    invaderyoyo likes this.
  12. TotalInsanity4

Member TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

United States
    Ew

13. MisterAlex

Newcomer MisterAlex Member

United States
    Point being, it's another example of the lack of innovation that's being peddled as groundbreaking.

I have to say I love the main post write-up. It puts very aggressively a lot of what I've thought about the Switch since its initial teaser video. Heck, my initial line of thought was: "Well, at least the gimmick this time around is something useful—as opposed to waggy wands with poor tracking or a cumbersome controller with a built-in low res screen that I'm gonna have to use because devs will implement it for the sake of its existence. But it's a low-cost tablet... How powerful can it be and still have a battery that lasts more than half an hour?"

That said, I'll certainly get one if it's eventually moddable and can run whatever I want.

invaderyoyo likes this.
  14. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    According to extensive market research, 44% of the target market view the Switch as primarily a handheld console, while 30% see it as primarily a home console, so the overall public frame of mind is positive.

The remaining 26% see it as a banana :mellow: Don't ask me, surveys are not an exact science.

15. cinhomartins

Newcomer cinhomartins Member

Brazil
    Great text with many great points...
    But nintendo fans - like apple fans - dont respond well to logic. Dont get me wrong... nintendo GAMES are just awesome, but nintendo as a company is the most anti-consumer gaming company still operating, and the day they stop making crappy consoles so that their IPs gets released elsewhere is a better day for gamers everywhere.
    Just my thoughts...

Xiphiidae and MisterAlex like this.
  16. comput3rus3r

Member comput3rus3r GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's getting closer and closer to a banana than a home console lol

17. vincentx77

Member vincentx77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Those are the people who see the Switch as an advanced sexual apparatus hell bent on anal destruction. Or in short, a REALLY BIG banana. :creep:

18. BLsquared

Member BLsquared Game Programmer

United States
    ...Wow, Foxi.
    I have never seen you write as this before.
    You the same guy from DSGM? xD
    Well, all I can say is I want to see the actual console first. Who's to saw it isn't sporting 2 of the GFX cards crossfire style, eh?

19. Osmosis

Member Osmosis Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.

United States
    OMG Foxi, I haven't busted a nut like that since Trump "won". You sir, are a bastard. A mother fucking bastard. Welcome to the crew...

I felt the same way about Pokemon S&M. At first excitement, then the eventual "Wait.... I've been here before." kicked in. Nintendon't will always be that old horse with a shiny coat and a pile of manure at its hooves.

And we'll always be begging for a ride.

Watch 'em penny pinch every damn nook and cranny. Oh? You want it in black? Five dollah! Whai yoo no bye!? Ten dollah! Suckah! *pinch* *pinch* *pinch* While we just take it and giggle like school girls who have no idea why people are so obsessed with what color of cherries we like.

Oh wait, how long has ProjectPokemon been back up for? Man, they just never learn, do they?

Last edited by Osmosis, Dec 13, 2016
  20. foob

Member foob GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Hmm...

Bodies? No problem here. Wallet might want to avoid Version 1.0 hardware and early-adopter taxes.

About as sleek as a garbage truck to my eyes. Even my less-than-$100 7-inch tablet is thinner than the Switch & manages to stay cool without those vents.

Modern = boring grey / black colour scheme. When attaching the joycons to that fatter controller, it looks like an oversized fat controller to me. Ahem.

The third-party developer support can only be judged when we see what games are available and what happens in 1 year (or so), in my opinion. Any bragging about third-party support right now is just posturing about 'interested partners' who have released zero.

Could not disagree more. We don't need android on the Switch, and Nintendo are too tight to pay anyway:
    http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/9/8008737/microsoft-samsung-end-android-royalties-dispute