Germany
Last edited by CosmoCortney,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here you go. I have also put the required kernel exploit and gecko installer into this package
https://mega.nz/#!6oEHkBqL

(file was too big to upload it here)
That's fine. Did you use chadderz? I'm j/w, afaik FSA will not work from his source. I thought the addresses needed to be changed (thus why we got the version mismatch error).

CosmoCortney

Lawn Meower
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
That's fine. Did you use chadderz? I'm j/w, afaik FSA will not work from his source. I thought the addresses needed to be changed (thus why we got the version mismatch error).
I don't think FSA is supported.
I picked up this one because the only other source code was one of the very recent releases that won't connect to my Wii U

Reactions: paulloeduardo

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I read somewhere on how to run Loadiine alongside the CG controller, but I can't seem to find it. Did I imagine that, or am I just using the wrong versions?
I assume it'll work if you just open up loadiine, select the game you want to load, then start up gc-to-vpad and then load your game via starting smash bros. I cant test loadiine so its just a guess anyways.

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume it'll work if you just open up loadiine, select the game you want to load, then start up gc-to-vpad and then load your game via starting smash bros. I cant test loadiine so its just a guess anyways.
Unfortunately this doesn't work. I'm guessing because they use two different kernel exploits. If only Loadiine also included the CG controller option, that would be rad.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unfortunately this doesn't work. I'm guessing because they use two different kernel exploits. If only Loadiine also included the CG controller option, that would be rad.
its not the kernel exploit for sure as long as you use my webpage for it since I did add dynamic memory detection for it. Just FYI I am on 3.1.0 so I cant test loadiine atm anyways, I was at the way of porting it but I noticed some stuff which dimok by now luckily did (fixing a few machine code issues and rewriting important parts) so with that new code base I'll have to do a lot of porting from the ground up since that did change quite a few things, but hey at least it helped game support and stuff for the people on 5.3.2 so thats good.

Reactions: Margen67

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not the kernel exploit for sure as long as you use my webpage for it since I did add dynamic memory detection for it. Just FYI I am on 3.1.0 so I cant test loadiine atm anyways, I was at the way of porting it but I noticed some stuff which dimok by now luckily did (fixing a few machine code issues and rewriting important parts) so with that new code base I'll have to do a lot of porting from the ground up since that did change quite a few things, but hey at least it helped game support and stuff for the people on 5.3.2 so thats good.
It's all good. I can't even complain either way; it's loads more than I could ever accomplish, and I appreciate the works that's been put into it. Not being able to use a Gamecube controller for backups is trivial anyway. I can still use it on my disc games, and that's awesome enough.

Reactions: paulloeduardo

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it's possible, but then 5.5.0 would be relatively useless for the public.

Talking about userspace exploits.
Does libwiiu determine which browser exploit to use, once it recognised the system version? Or is it always the same exploit across all supported FW versions?
Because you once said that 4.1.0 and 5.0.0 have the most reliable userspace exploits.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Talking about userspace exploits.
Does libwiiu determine which browser exploit to use, once it recognised the system version? Or is it always the same exploit across all supported FW versions?
Because you once said that 4.1.0 and 5.0.0 have the most reliable userspace exploits.

libwiiu is meant to switch between multiple different exploits, depending on the version. One exploit is used for 2.0.0-5.1.0, another for 5.3.2, and the most recent is the unreleased 5.4.0-5.5.0 exploit.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
libwiiu is meant to switch between multiple different exploits, depending on the version. One exploit is used for 2.0.0-5.1.0, another for 5.3.2, and the most recent is the unreleased 5.4.0-5.5.0 exploit.

Does the user have to manually set the version he wants to exploit during compilation?
Or is the process automated (determine the system version and which exploit to use during execution) ?

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does the user have to manually set the version he wants to exploit during compilation?
Or is the process automated (determine the system version and which exploit to use during execution) ?
Every version available gets compiled so you could theoretically host all of them on your own website! ;)

Reactions: Marionumber1

poiu17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have some games on disc I'm thinking about selling.
But before I do that, does anyone knows if the future IOSU exploit will be achieveable by WebExploit (Or other gameless method) or it will be similar to the Wii initial hack? (With TLOZ Twilight Princess and some other specific games).

Or maybe if via game, possible through Loadiine?

Thanks! :)

Last edited by poiu17,

CoolAlpha

Trophies
XP
Country
@Marionumber1, any chance to port the 5.3.2 exploit (I suppose this one is usable) to the 5.2.0 version?

Last edited by CoolAlpha,

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
@Marionumber1 There's already a public N3DS libstagefright vuln which also affect the Wii U (Yes even 5.5) if we know the address wouldn't the same process as the previous OS versions work to get code execution (eg copy it into the JIT area then exec it)?

Or have I been away and developing other stuff for too long and are missing something?

https://github.com/yellows8/browserhax_fright

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Marionumber1 There's already a public N3DS libstagefright vuln which also affect the Wii U (Yes even 5.5) if we know the address wouldn't the same process as the previous OS versions work to get code execution (eg copy it into the JIT area then exec it)?

Or have I been away and developing other stuff for too long and are missing something?

https://github.com/yellows8/browserhax_fright

The libstagefright vulnerability is what our 5.4.0/5.5.0 exploits used.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Elite Beat Agents
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    hell yeah
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
    Jayro @ Jayro: I'm Slenderman.