Country
United States

Moraduke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I booted up the Wii U earlier today to play Nintendo Land with the girlfriend and noticed that a new system update was blocked in the Download Management menu.

Don't forget to block those Nintendo URLs in your router/gateway settings and use Tubehax! Going to hold out on 5.5.0 as long as I can.

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I booted up the Wii U earlier today to play Nintendo Land with the girlfriend and noticed that a new system update was blocked in the Download Management menu.

Don't forget to block those Nintendo URLs in your router/gateway settings and use Tubehax! Going to hold out on 5.5.0 as long as I can.

No new system updates. Must be a game update...

https://twitter.com/wiiumpersonator

Last edited by yahoo,

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for fun I replaced the intro video of Rayman Legends with this episode of Steven Universe. It plays it, but you obviously could only watch one video at a time, and can't fast forward or skip, or even go to the home menu. So it's pretty much useless, but i still thought it was pretty neat.
DWGoLGP.jpg
Playing video in 1080 just gives a black screen, and I assume would go on for however long the video is.

Last edited by rufuszombot,

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for fun I replaced the intro video of Rayman Legends with this episode of Steven Universe. It plays it, but you obviously could only watch one video at a time, and can't fast forward or skip, or even go to the home menu. So it's pretty much useless, but i still thought it was pretty neat.
DWGoLGP.jpg
Playing video in 1080 just gives a black screen, and I assume would go on for however long the video is.
More likely softlocked, the MP4 support on the Wii U is kinda iffy.

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's not currently a very good exploit, and we can always hope Nintendo doesn't realize the bug exists, letting us drag it out as long as possible.

Well I think the chances that Nintendo didn't realize the bug is down to zero ;) They are not that blind. Wouldn't it be possible that some people here could contribute to the exploit once you make it public?? Just look at the kernel exploit which AFAIK has been improved a lot after releasing it. Of course I understand your point of view and am extremly thankful to all who developed that exploit in the first place!! I can wait for it to be released once you feel it is the right time!

Reactions: oumoumad

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not currently a very good exploit, and we can always hope Nintendo doesn't realize the bug exists, letting us drag it out as long as possible.
Nintendo just put out a 3DS update the other day that fixes the same vulnerability so the chances they wouldn't do the same for the Wii U are pretty slim I'd say. Nintendo makes some pretty wonky decisions sometimes, but I doubt they would let something like this slide.

poiu17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have some games on disc I'm thinking about selling.
But before I do that, does anyone knows if the future IOSU exploit will be achieveable by WebExploit (Or other gameless method) or it will be similar to the Wii initial hack? (With TLOZ Twilight Princess and some other specific games).

Or maybe if via game, possible through Loadiine?

Thanks! :)

No one knows? :P

Edit: @NWPlayer123 , @Marionumber1 , @Hykem . I think you're the ones to ask this. Do you know the answer? Or it will only be possible to know it with further developing? Thanks! :)

Last edited by poiu17,

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noticed that a new system update was blocked in the Download Management menu

You mean the "System Update" item with the red "X"? That's actually not a system update at all; that's telling you that your update blocker is working.

Last edited by FusionGamer, , Reason: Fixed "That actually" to "That's actually not"
Reactions: I pwned U!

Moraduke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean the "System Update" item with the red "X"? That actually a system update at all; that's telling you that your update blocker is working.

Oh yeah, I know it's being blocked. I was just giving the thread a heads-up that my 5.5.0 system was trying to download a new system update.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, I know it's being blocked. I was just giving the thread a heads-up that my 5.5.0 system was trying to download a new system update.
No, that just means it was trying to contact the update server and failed. We would hear an announcement even if Nintendo tried to stealth-update us, because they put all versions on the support thread on their website

Kylecito

eats warnings for breakfast
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
man, the balls to directly notify and annoy all the devs at the same time
You practically did too by replying and keeping the original @-signs in the quote too. Forum software is a magical, wonderful thing, ain't it? ;)

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You practically did too by replying and keeping the original @-signs in the quote too. Forum software is a magical, wonderful thing, ain't it? ;)
I don't think it re-tags them if it's in a quote. Let's try it out. I'll tag @TotalInsanity4 and then you quote me and TotalInsanity4 can tell us if he gets one or two notifications :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it has the auto captions
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But the captions are in english, I only speak Ebonics
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i made myself a pizza today, that shit was mid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, atleast it wasnt that bad
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but i can't let a mediocre pizza bring me down, just around this time last month i made that cheesecake
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What does pizza and sex have in common? When its good, its good. But when its bad, its still pretty good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna download sonic generations to my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do you put games on there? Does it have like a game store on the ps3?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black market store
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, download a pkg file, put it in a usb or a sd card, put the usb or sd card to ps3, turn on ps3hen, go to install game, install the game
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yea that's same with me, was just curious. Coolio
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao my keyboard decided to randomly die
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its prob your new router interfering w it