xLothwenx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How has no one noticed this?

Like no one? Not even normal, non-hacking gamers?

New Super Mario Bros: Hitching frames
Mario Kart DS: Hitching frames.

Constantly hitching. Audio is perfectly smooth. Like it's a frame pacing bug in Nintendo's shitty Virtual Console emulator.

How am I the first one to notice?

These games should be smooth 60 FPS. Please show me how I'm wrong with hard evidence, not just "maybe you just never noticed on a small handheld screen."

Reactions: grubgrub

xLothwenx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why Nintendo doesn't care about quality.

Take a look around you, Ellen.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't there a smoothing option on the vc menu? Granted it's not the best but I've not played any ds titles in a while.
I don't remember all the config toggles, but there are some that make the games look better. They would cause the Wii U to freeze if you tried to return to the home menu though. And I'm not sure if any of them improved the framerate or just made the picture look smoother and less piexlated.

xLothwenx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No your not the first notice just faaar too late the party and those who cared have since moved on I'm afraid.
Link me to a single mention of this. inb4 you won't. Please prove me wrong; the challenge stands.
I don't remember all the config toggles, but there are some that make the games look better. They would cause the Wii U to freeze if you tried to return to the home menu though. And I'm not sure if any of them improved the framerate or just made the picture look smoother and less piexlated.
Pixelation smoothing AKA spatial blur != framerate AKA temporal smoothing, whatever that could possibly mean at 60 FPS when the games are already running at 60 FPS. If they can't present the frames at the correct timing in the first place, logically, how would they provide a Band-Aid over their own stupidity?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lmao..... I don't need to do anything and I don't see anyone else moaning about it being such a bug issue either so you can either just put up with it or fix it yourself.

And yeah... When was the wii u released?? Sorrry we didn't keep the convo going till you got here.

I wish you well.

xLothwenx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Find one person mentioning this on the entire Internet, including possibly yourself. You won't find it, mostly because you didn't notice.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to shut you up..... About 71,000 results (0.43 seconds) says google :ha:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/higher-resolution-ds-emulation.507016/

I wasn't trying to be snarky earlier but what are you going to do with said "link" anyway?

The fact is it has been mentioned, no one really cares that much about it and no one bothered to try and fix it other than maybe this post.....

https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-to-...on-about-virtual-consoles.465095/post-7188480

So I'm curious, what are you offering to the conversation and do you have plans and or skills to do anything about it? If not then your observation is futile.

Reactions: AmandaRose

xLothwenx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of the posts of those two linked pages mention the constant hitching in the unhacked games. You didn't comprehend what they were talking about. "RenderScale" hacking has nothing to due with the hitching bug in the unmodified games.
...your observation is futile.
That's the sign of ignorance. You don't want the facts when the facts annoy you.

If there are so many results from Google, surely you can easily find a valid one.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly are you fighting for? None of our minds are blown, we're all well aware of the issue and have been for a long time, it's just common knowledge, get over it. There is no fix. Either enjoy your DS games on the Wii U as they are, or simply don't play them on the Wii U. It's really that simple.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly are you fighting for? None of our minds are blown, we're all well aware of the issue and have been for a long time, it's just common knowledge, get over it. There is no fix. Either enjoy your DS games on the Wii U as they are, or simply don't play them on the Wii U. It's really that simple.
I think he's specifically asking for proof that it's been common knowledge.

Which I think is incredibly stupid to ask, because he can just...search for it. Himself.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he's specifically asking for proof that it's been common knowledge.

Which I think is incredibly stupid to ask, because he can just...search for it. Himself.
Holy shit if that's his issue, then he needs to grow up, I don't need an archived thread to know we all collectively recognized this shit immediately when DS games launched on the Wii U VC in 2015.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo