animal crossing .gcm
sad.gif
mad.gif

iancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for everything wiipower...i have no where else to air this idea though.
if we could somehow get a version of SWISS that supported comand line arguments for autobooting of a specified file, we could create 'iso forwarders' for GC games ina similar fashion as for wiiware with 'WAD2ISO'. that would be GREAT! being able to select a GC game from a loader right next to the other titles. if there is any hope of you 'passing' this idea to emu_kidd?? thank you again man, im sure you could whip up a version of swiss booter for us wii users that could pass the game launching arguments to the swiss dol, correct? this would be a great step forward!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A bit of a bump...

Seems your idea has taken root, iancer. Take a look at issue 26 on google code:

Reported by project member [email protected], Today (7 hours ago)

Allow a file parameter to be passed in to boot a file directly if booting on the Wii.

It has low priority, but at least it's accepted.
smile.gif

@Wiipower: considering swiss booter has proven a very reliable means of booting swiss on the wii (btw: thank you very much
smile.gif
)...I'm curious to know what your plans (if any) are with this upcoming swiss-feature. The iso-forwarder support thing iancer mentions is quite nice (though it may require some co-operation with Tristar)...but it may also be an interesting extra feature for neogamma (it already has quite a following for gamecube users...adding "load from: SD" to the options would fit in seamlessly).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
dicamarques said:
Does this allows isos to be loaded?
Technically, it just loads swiss (which is a gamecube homebrew program). But since swiss loads gamecube iso's (from the sources CanadaX21 mentions) the end result is almost the same.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For some reason this doesn't work when I have my hard drive plugged in to the wii. I am not trying to load the swiss dol from the hard drive, I am loading it from my sd gecko in slot B. It loads fine if I have my hard drive unplugged, but when I try with it plugged in it just crashes back to the wii menu. Am I the only one with this problem, or is it common?

Also, I already posted this in the swiss forwarder channels thread, but here is the icon I made for it:
iconwzu.png

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hells Guardian said:
are we talking a USB drive or one connected via an IDE-EXI?
Oh right, guess I should have specified. Its a USB drive. A 1 TB iomega Prestige Portable Hard Drive, to be exact. It has an NTFS partition and a FAT32 partition on it.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's strange. It works fine for me. In fact, I have wii swiss booter running from my USB hard drive. It's as follows:

USB:\apps\swiss\boot.dol (this isn't swiss but Wiipower's swiss booter...it's just named this way because forwarder channels want this map named this way)

GECKO:\swiss.dol

I also run it from a SD-gecko in slot B. The only difference is that my USB drive is a one-partition FAT32. Perhaps it's a bug in swiss?
unsure.gif

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doubt it I have a three partition USB Drive conected to my Wii at all times and never have a problem. the issue is likely the lack of the Swiss.dol file on the SD card inserted in the SD Gecko. In fact that should be all you need to do is put swiss.dol on the SD card in the SD gecko and put swiss boot on the SD card in the Wii's slot to be loaded through HBC or forwarder channel if thats your cup of tea. The USB drive shouldn't be a problem but if it is try putting the Swiis.dol file in the root of your FAT partition. Also are you booting through a channel or HBC when you have this problem?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I shouldn't mention this, but: The version of the booter i use has the Swiss executable integrated and doesn't access any storage device. It's easy to make yourself, just look at the other Wii-gamecube apps i released after the Wii Swiss Booter.

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
I shouldn't mention this, but: The version of the booter i use has the Swiss executable integrated and doesn't access any storage device. It's easy to make yourself, just look at the other Wii-gamecube apps i released after the Wii Swiss Booter.
Thanks, it works like a charm now.
yaywii.gif

Though, I'm still not sure what was wrong. I tried again without the sd gecko inserted (loading swiss booter, and then swiss.dol from the SD card) and it worked fine. Plugged in the SD gecko... it stopped working. Unpluged the USB hard drive... Voila, it works again! Weird...
unsure.gif

Anyways, all is working now, it loads swiss a bit faster too!

Also, @Hells Guardian, he gave plenty of info, but I guess this wouldn&#39t hurt http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=278...p;#entry3443787

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hells Guardian said:
Ha didn't realize he had included the source with it.... Thanks.

Did you ever see me not including the source code? If i wouldn't, it would beat the whole point in sharing it with others, well in my point of view.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you are a product of my imagination