Hacking Wii Menu 4.2 Released

singur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this strange problem, I wonder if nybody else has it or know of a solution.
I have a Wii USA, first gen, modded with Wiikey, was at 4.0U, everything was fine, had HBC installed, all backups and originals worked fine. Then 4.2 came, I've decided to install BootMii, usually I don't like to touch anything if it works (you know the saying, If it ain't broke...). Anyway, was getting ready to move up to 4.2 when I noticed something strange suddenly, when I try backups of Wii Sports Resort or Grand Slam Tennis (which worked before by the way), the disc channel said Wii System Update, when I start it, wants to update. Well, after that, I've uninstalled and re-installed BootMii and HBC, but no change. Then I've upgraded to 4.2U following Zektor (Thank you very much) , but I still have the same problem, some older games work fine, originals work, but nothing new. Anybody has any suggestion how to fix it? Sorry for the long rant, but I've been fighting with it and reading everything for the past week.

Appreciate any help
rolleyes.gif

Speed Freak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry for not reading the entire thread, but I just got this info... Since my Wii is already wiikey'd and I don't plan on using homebrew/VC, I was considering "deleting" my softmod, just to lower the risks of getting it bricked plus beeing able to update my console without all those boring steps. Will I brick my console by going from 4.0U to 4.2U thru the online update?

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the stupid question, I've read most of the topic (since it's creation) but what's the safest way to get 4.2 and keep all the functionality of 4.1 - SD card Menu, usb loader, homebrew channel, channel creation . . .

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to download more games from the Shop channel and I can't do that because i'm on 4.1 and still wish to retain the functionality of USB loaders, homebrew channel, etc.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dlf said:
If it is safe, do I just choose yes for "update shop channel"? Do I leave IOS 16/38/60/61 alone?

Use NUS and download (pack) IOS61-64-v5405.wad and Shopping Channel-NUS-v17.wad and install them in same order with wadmanager.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SHOP CHANNEL AND SYSTEM UPDATE WARNING;

STILL SHOWS AS 4.2

BUT IF YOU TRY TO GET THE SHOP CHANNEL YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO UPDATE YOU SYSTEM MENU

As of now the HBC is stil intact, but do not go to the shop channel to do the update until further instruction is given...

r9delta

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone wants to ask questions feel free as I'm being one of the guinea pigs right now. I've done the update that just happened and now going through the process of restoring cIOS and whatnot (basically going through the restoring homebrew guide on 4.2 verbatim again with the exception of installing DVDX, and HBC again since there's no need)

Update: I'm back in business. Suck my **** Nintendo and eat my ***hole. Hell yeah ****** **** you nintendo ****ing *** *** the ******* wank *bleep* *bleep*.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bula said:
dlf said:
If it is safe, do I just choose yes for "update shop channel"? Do I leave IOS 16/38/60/61 alone?

Use NUS and download (pack) IOS61-64-v5405.wad and Shopping Channel-NUS-v17.wad and install them in same order with wadmanager.

rolandpibb said:
QUOTE(dlf @ Oct 19 2009, 08:22 PM)
Update 61 (NOT 60!!!!) -trucha and wii shop channel with WiiSCU

So which is the better way to do this?

If you manually download the WADS and install do you need to patch IOS61 as well - which patch? Will I end up with multiple shop channels?

Wii WiiSCU 0.22 just do everything including any patches.

Sorry but I haven't seen the screen options on WiiSCU so I don't know how to use it...

morrissey2k7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd used the Safe Updater to update to 4.2 awhile back, and I just now used NUSD to download and make a WAD of just the Shop Channel (v18) -- I installed it and everything appears to be working fine -- and I didn't have to mess with IOS61.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
morrissey2k7 said:
I'd used the Safe Updater to update to 4.2 awhile back, and I just now used NUSD to download and make a WAD of just the Shop Channel (v18) -- I installed it and everything appears to be working fine -- and I didn't have to mess with IOS61.

I don't want to upgrade to 4.2...

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well it's best if you don't. There is no reason to upgrade to 4.2. I'm still on 4.1, and that's where I'm staying until there's a "Region Free Wii Games" hack for 4.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Freakin idiot