Hacking Wii Menu 4.2 Released

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
osaeed09 said:
Im on version 3.3u and havent thought about updating the system. I also rarely use the wii. Its been in my closet for a while.

Im never going to update the wii in the future. Not even in 5-20 years in the future if it works that long heh.

Cool. Might as well stick it back in your closet then!

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
why is that 3.2 works fine when you dont have any use for sdhc..I have 2 1000 gig terabytes for all I need..Its about preference. Its not as though its all that much more feature rich nearly all the "updates" are just security related any damn ways there isnt any game your wii can play that mine cant on 3.2 and not anything that has any "advantages" on 4.2 that 3.2 has aside from genral sdhc support so its a nonsensical arguement to say 4.2 is soooo much better than 3.2 tbh thats not at all the case
wink.gif

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
zektor said:
What happened when you reinstalled preloader? I thought that it didn't work at all in v4.2. I honestly do not know. I stay away from intrusive apps that attach themselves to the system menu. You can try nandclean....from what I hear it cleans preloader and the hacks.ini from the nand, but again, I have zero experience with it. Maybe somebody else can provide some input.

A thread on removing preloader including the hacks from nand can be found here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171265&st=0
The idea is once the new system menu is installed (which will also delete preloader), use nandclean.

If one was now on SM4.2 and had a previos copy of preloader installed in the old system menu, one will have traces of preloader in the nand. So nandclean will safely clean it. Zektor, I think I'm more of a wacko purist than you are here.
grog.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
isostar said:
warlock666 said:
isostar said:
warlock666 said:
so how do i remove preloader?

1- Install the Systemmenu.wad for your Region
2- NandClean to delete the hacks.ini and and...

done
where do i get systemmenu.wad for 4.2e from

from Nintendo with "NUSD" 0000000100000002 v482 = 4.2E
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUSD
There is a database in the new NUSD
Just go to System > System menu > v??? and start nus Download (Don't forget to check Pack -> Wad first !)

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can someone help me:
I try to hex Edit Preloader Hacks into the Systemmenu (4.2E).

For example:
[Disable HAXX,DVDX,RZDx Checks]
version=482
offset=0x81334610
value=0x60000000

All posts say i have to edit it @4BC0
But i get 4b30?
What am i doing wrong?

0x81334610 - 0x8132FAE0 = 4b30

I got the 0x8132FAE0 from this post.
So how do i get this offset? Is it for 4.2E different?
The problem may could be that it is for 3.2E...

Thanks for help.

warlock666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warlock666 said:
isostar said:
warlock666 said:
zektor said:
warlock666 said:
Updater via WANINKOKO's 4.2 Firmware updater (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?eiimjiow52z)

Bad idea. It modifies all of your original IOSes, makes it so that you get "no vulnerable IOS found" in the hackmii installer, turns your HBC upside down in some cases, and overwrites your cMIOS (for GC backups). You have to fix a few things afterward if you use this updater.
so how do i remove preloader?

1- Install the Systemmenu.wad for your Region
2- NandClean to delete the hacks.ini and and...

done
where do i get systemmenu.wad for 4.2e from

used nu downloader downloaded systemmenu 482

installed it using wad manager 1.4

ret error -11?

now wont boot goes to preloader
error autobooting systemmenu
Could not open boot file

preloader still on and able to get into homebrew channel via bootii

used bootmii backupmii before this happened but unable to restore nad as it say sd is poss corrupted and dangerious press A B X Z buttons to continue

warlock666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
took the risk and restored it Worked now (Scared for 5 min lol)

just need to work out how to get preloader to work properly with the Auto A button heath screen to work have enabled it but does nothing (since i dont seem to be able to remove preloader

mp3c

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yyhhggtt said:
asdf said:
Yyhhggtt said:
wow.... right after waninkoko left the scene... there has to be a bad, bad update... im on 4.1... so it JUST released NOW?
Apparently. The Wiibrew page was made a few minutes ago.
o.o well... this is bad. so f i update, bootmii will be erased too or...? I hope they don't add you have to update to connect to WFC... is bannerbomb removed?

All is not lost...
For Wii Menu 4.2U, there is a new experimental version of Bannerbomb that uses the SD Card Menu(little SD card icon on the corner of the Wii Menu Screen) rather than than the Data Management. 4.2 only.

Here's the WiiBrew page: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Bannerbomb

wiibrew(dot)org/wiki/Bannerbomb

Download
http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/
bannerbomb(dot)qoid.us

warlock666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Why would Waninkoko's updater modify the original IOS's? I thought it just took Nintendo's official ones and installed them.

You must be thinking of cIOSCORP.
Waninkoko's 4.2 Updater Trucha's the IOS's....This method does not, which basically gives you a "pure" 4.2 (minus the boot2 update and stubbing your cIOS's)...also using wanin's method will result in an upside down homebrew channel!

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
I got the upside down homebrew mwnu when i updated to 4.1e and updated the homebrew channel , removed it and reinstalled an earlier version and it was fine.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I think the funniest thing is that most people with homebrew aren't dumb enough to upgrade their system without checking info on the updates first. Furthermore, those without homebrew that update to always have the latest firmware may have bricked their Wiis, so in effect, it does pretty much the opposite of what Nintendo wanted it to do. I wonder if they even tried it on an unmodded Wii first? I bet they installed Homebrew to test it themselves but forgot to test an unmodded Wii.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a good portion of the time it is another family member or somebody other than the person who originally modded it that ends up using the official upgrade. A good tip to avoid this is to set parental controls. When they are set your family members (kids) cannot perform an upgrade.

adriande2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The second time they try to stop homebrew... First, using an excuse that gamesaves "Could impair gameplay and possibly damage the Wii" to take away the twilight hack.
This one will take away IOSs and such, but the homebrew channel (1.0.5 and 1.0.6) now has a different ID than HAXX, It won't take away the current homebrew channel but all downgrade capabilities and firmware/IOS modifications seem like they will be blocked. I would think that many homebrew apps won't work with this update either. I wouldn't suggest upgrading.

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
adriande2 said:
The second time they try to stop homebrew... First, using an excuse that gamesaves "Could impair gameplay and possibly damage the Wii" to take away the twilight hack.
This one will take away IOSs and such, but the homebrew channel (1.0.5 and 1.0.6) now has a different ID than HAXX, It won't take away the current homebrew channel but all downgrade capabilities and firmware/IOS modifications seem like they will be blocked. I would think that many homebrew apps won't work with this update either. I wouldn't suggest upgrading.

Everything works just fine on 4.2. Bannerbomb, HBC, Truchabug, cIOSrev14, Hermes v4, USB-loaders...

poppy11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zektor said:
FenrirWolf said:
Why would Waninkoko's updater modify the original IOS's? I thought it just took Nintendo's official ones and installed them.

You must be thinking of cIOSCORP.

It downloads and patches your IOSes. The hackmii installer cannot find one single "sane" IOS after this, so what it is doing is NOT a good thing.
So what is the workaround then, if you have used Waninkoko's firmware updater and have lost all your "sane" IOSs?

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reinstall (with dop ios) at least one sane IOS on which HBC can install on. For example 36 or 61. Dont apply patches to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: