Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

undercoverjamil

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
undercoverjamil said:
i have tried patching games and everything but i can't any game to work but cooking mama. can anyone help me. I can't get bomberman blast, super paper mario or virtua tennis 09 to work. I have 4 backup loaders and version 4.0 wii and thw wii is softmodded.

Patching games hasnt been required since the beta loaders.

If even one game works then the system is installed properly and the issue is more than likely that your using DVD+R discs.
Failing that , all of the other ISO's you have are corrupt somehow , but the loader works fine if even 2 game is loading, though you may need to update your cIOS

well i have rev 13a and have tried rev13b and the only type of discs i use are dvd-r. every game i have downloaded doesn't work . My friend borrowed me cooking mama so i burned it onto my computer then burned it onto one of my discs and it worked fine. Am i extracting wrong or something (i use winace)? I download my isos from rapidshare or megaupload in parts.

mikewill57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, if this is posted here I apologize. I have searched here and other sites and have gotten more confused.

I have an NTSC Wii running 4.0U w/Homebrew and IOS249. I used PHPGeek's tut on installing on virgin Wii. I also have Backup Launcher Gamma 0.3. I dl'd Tiger 10 NTSC and burned it using ISOBurn @ 1x on DVD-R and it works no problem. I tried the same thing on Pro Evo '09 and I get the following problems:

When I go into launcher and just hit launch game it shows b&w game screen. It does the same when I force PAL50 or PAL60. When I force NTSC it gives me the green screen. I read that I should patch the ISO before burning so, I did that to NTSC using wiu1.1. Now the game will show up on the disk channel but, when I try to play it it says "Disk read error. Eject disk, hit power button, and see manual." Or something just like that.

I've read that I need preloader, IOS39 (or 36 or some other IOS), that I should use a different backup loader. All of this just has me a bit confused, especially since some of the better dl's seem to be in PAL form I want to have that as an option.

So, say I go with getting some of the other IOS' that I've read about, do they overwrite each other? Like if I put in the 36 or 39 (whichever is most used) will that kill 249 or just install it as well? Do I need preloader instead? Another launcher? Or, put simply, what do I need to get PAL games to run on my NTSC 4.0U Wii?

Thanks for any help in advance!

setasan11

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
osenhordospasteis.zip.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Two doubts that are killing me: please help me:

1How i can play the games with green screen problem...like Indiana Jones?
I tried everything...i have cIOS 249 rev 13b...have neogamma uploader...and nothing worked...i already getting the ethernal green screen...

2 Can I play with a original guitar from RockBand Wii...on DVD Backups loading by de Backuploader?

I tried and every time the USB signal stop when the Uploader start!

ericback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I'm trying to find out how to play backup (ISOs) of games. I keep reading some tutorials but they seem to be for older system versions mentioning Twilight Princess hack and such, I read this can now work with 4.0 using Bannerbomb to homebrew. My question is what will I need after homebrewing with Bannerbomb to play unpatched ISO's, on the most recent version of the Wii 4.0?

Thanks!

phreon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys!

First of all, thanks a ton for all this work you're putting into this - I can't possibly express how much I appreciate not having to start up the Wii for my wife all the time (she's not very technical) and getting her to learn how to use homebrew channel and load the launcher from there is like pulling teeth...

However, I've run into a problem with channels based on WiiGator's backuplauncher 0.3 (yes, every channel I've tried)... When I try to boot up a backup, the screen just goes black - I can hear the sounds and I can even control the game to a certain extent (can't see anything ), but there simply isn't any picture... If I hold down 1 while booting and get into the configuration menu and launch the game from there, it works flawlessly. I can also run the backuplauncher perfectly through Homebrew Channel and it boots like a charm. Though I'm on a NTSC(US) Wii, it doesn't matter whether the game I'm trying to boot is NTSC or PAL, the screen goes black all the same...Any ideas what I might have done wrong?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phreon said:
Hey guys!

First of all, thanks a ton for all this work you're putting into this - I can't possibly express how much I appreciate not having to start up the Wii for my wife all the time (she's not very technical) and getting her to learn how to use homebrew channel and load the launcher from there is like pulling teeth...

However, I've run into a problem with channels based on WiiGator's backuplauncher 0.3 (yes, every channel I've tried)... When I try to boot up a backup, the screen just goes black - I can hear the sounds and I can even control the game to a certain extent (can't see anything ), but there simply isn't any picture... If I hold down 1 while booting and get into the configuration menu and launch the game from there, it works flawlessly. I can also run the backuplauncher perfectly through Homebrew Channel and it boots like a charm. Though I'm on a NTSC(US) Wii, it doesn't matter whether the game I'm trying to boot is NTSC or PAL, the screen goes black all the same...Any ideas what I might have done wrong?
very strange issue and i dont think i have seen it before - what cios are u using ?

phreon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am using waninkoko's cIOS36 rev. 10, installed the backuplauncher channel to 249.. Please let me know if you need any more info to troubleshoot this... I've been messing with it for 6 hours, trying different channels, all based on WiiGator's launcher and it's driving me up a wall... Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

phreon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just tried reinstalling rev10 with the same result - is there a newer rev out? As far as I understood the USB loader requires rev 10 and above, so I'm not too keen on downgrading so to speak... If a new rev is available, would you mind terribly pointing me in the right direction to finding it? I can't seem to find anything newer than rev10... Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience
smile.gif

phreon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks a lot TJ, I'll try it out as soon as I can and post an update on how it went
smile.gif

Update: Well, I installed rev13 and got one step closer... Now the backuplauncher channel starts fine the first time, but then goes black after the first startup and stays that way until I uninstall/reinstall the launcher again, after which it does the same deal - works the first time, then goes black on the 2nd launch...

Maybe it's the channels I'm using? Any recommendations? I'd prefer a 002 ready launcher channel with a theme that is as close as possible to the Wii's own original theme...

phreon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Issue solved!

Turns out that the channel I was using was switching screen resolutions at startup in a way that my Sony HDTV couldn't figure out (widescreen not being a strong side of Wii's) and so the TV simply mistook the screen format switching as an out of sync signal... I now set up my TV to constantly be in widescreen mode instead of trying to automatically determine the input format, and it starts up everytime with a picture now
laugh.gif

I'm so sorry to have bothered you guys, I should've thought of this, I'm a dweeb...

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using USB Loader GX and I'm have trouble uploading games to my HDD. I was able to put 3 onto it but when I tried to do a 4th, it wouldn't work. It would load 3-4% befpre crashing to a black screen with some code on it. Anyone know if I was just doing too many in a short period of time or what?

qrawler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys.. ive got a strange problem... actually everything went well with my loaders... it recognizes the usb harddisk and every game works so far... but since today... my wii freezes when loading a game from the backup loader( im using ogzeees based on wanin 1.5)...it seems the game continues running, but my remote control doesnt work anymore ... for example when playing tennis people are still cheering and i can see my player standing, but waiting for my serve.. so its not a crash or sth.. but what is it?..someona has similar problems? i tried different usb harddisks and flashdisks, but it still doesnt work.. its kind of luck .. sometimes it freezes after 1 minute sometimes after 5... hope someone can help me...
my specs: 3.2E, rev13b, ogzees backup loader, 0.3 gamma,

edit: uups sry .. i thought i was in the newby section... i will post it in the newbie section, maybe a mod can delete my post here

SilverJWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
""""Q : Can i play an ISO i downloaded directly off the internet ?
A : No they need to be patched before they are played."""

what did you mean by this? what are these patches and where do i get them

MyRevenge-

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ericback said:
Hey guys,

I'm trying to find out how to play backup (ISOs) of games. I keep reading some tutorials but they seem to be for older system versions mentioning Twilight Princess hack and such, I read this can now work with 4.0 using Bannerbomb to homebrew. My question is what will I need after homebrewing with Bannerbomb to play unpatched ISO's, on the most recent version of the Wii 4.0?

Thanks!

I've done the same thing and have the same question.
Also, do I need to download and install all the cIOS files or just the latest ones (Which one should I use for version 4.0U?).

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Sorry if this was asked before but after reading a lot of pages i cant find an answer please help me.
I know i need a CIOS to run any of the backup launchers; i want to use CIOS38 Rev13by waninkoko but when i launch it with HBC in the menu said "select the ios version to use during instalation " so i just leave by default or move to another i read in other pages to move the option to ios 36 ,38 or 249 because is on ios37 by default??;by the way in on 3.3u install HBC with Bannerbomb and Hackmii also Bootmii as IOS.
Thanks in advances for ur answers.
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

botmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys im getting dvd read error 384 this is what im using.

playo 1-16x dvd-r
4.0u
backup launcher 0.3 gamma
transformer:revenge of the fallen
ciosrev13

im sad.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my store bought games are working now but back ups are not loading im on 4.0 with neogamma and cioscorp, preloader
neo gamma gives me dvd read error 559 on burned games but will load bought games fine

just woundering could cios corps be the problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols