Trophies
Website
t.co
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
djtaz said:
You need cIOS from rev 9 upwards to use the backup loader
ok then will I used the cIOS installer and burnt Tatsunoko Vs Capcom @ 4x(now take note before i installed cIOS I booted back up launcher gamma it said disc read error and when I press b to go back to the main menu it refuses 2 go and i get a error)after all that i try backup launcher gamma again with cIOS installed when i click launch game it says ""dvd error 324 no cIOS" wtf?
p.s im running 4.0 and i used banner bomb 2 install the homebrew channel! & the disk I used was Sony DVD-R

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
187skillz said:
djtaz said:
You need cIOS from rev 9 upwards to use the backup loader
ok then will I used the cIOS installer and burnt Tatsunoko Vs Capcom @ 4x(now take note before i installed cIOS I booted back up launcher gamma it said disc read error and when I press b to go back to the main menu it refuses 2 go and i get a error)after all that i try backup launcher gamma again with cIOS installed when i click launch game it says ""dvd error 324 no cIOS" wtf?
p.s im running 4.0 and i used banner bomb 2 install the homebrew channel! & the disk I used was Sony DVD-R

ive noticed a lot of people are having this problem too all of my games worked be for i updated when the last softmii (2.9 something) came out now only a couple of them work.
my idea is to downgrade (if on 4.0 like me) to 3.2u (by means of arc.),taking the pactch cios's form cioscorp for madworld and newer games.im fairly shure that this will work
wacko.gif
but dont quote me on it as i havent tried this yet kinda on vacation from doing anything to my wii.
i dont know if you using cioscorp for disc channel loading but i have noticed thats corps user's like me (some not all) having the same problem. so i hope i helped

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
A: Put them into root of the C drive , open a command prompt and type cd .. until u get to root and then type copy /b part1.iso+part2.iso+part3.iso WiiGame.iso where part1.iso is the file.

Or you can just type CD\ which will take you straight to the root!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yup - the only thing to never type when in root is ' rm * -rf '

I learnt that the hard way on a customers mail server when i didnt realise i was in the root dir
biggrin.gif

its a good thing i had a backup.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I have a new wii that came with 3.4U. Ok so I tried TH beta 2 and it worked, I have installed the HB channel. Now I want to install Backup loader 0.3 gamma in it. I still have the gamma 0.3 files I got from djtaz some time ago when I softmod another wii that was on 3.2U, what do I need to install gamma 0.3 on my new 3.4U?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you have my guide , run steps 1-11 in the downgrade , then skip 12 and go to the install of the loader.

That should get it working for you.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
If you have my guide , run steps 1-11 in the downgrade , then skip 12 and go to the install of the loader.

That should get it working for you.

The guide I have is the one for 3.2U which had TH beta 1, it only has 4 steps, Im sure thats not the one, could you direct me to the 3.4 guide with the 12 steps you say here?? Thanks in advance!

Also, if the Wii came with 3.4U when I bough it, will it downgrade to 3.2U??

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It is possible to get it to go to 3.2u from the 3.4 system.
Unfortunately , the files i had online are no longer there - the hosting company closed my FTP account and im not putting them on a more serious site as someone was selling the files i hosted and getting people to pay for the link to the files.

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, i have some isos in my PC, but i need to move them to a HDD the problem is
none of the WBFS managers works for me, i recently installed SP3(XP), now when i start any manager it shows the message [app] has detected an error and must be closed kindof... crash. This happens with all but WBFS DIY, but in this one you need a cISO and then move them to the WiiHDD. All i have are FULL isos.

A noob needs your help

the

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
don't understand why my Seagate FreeAgent xTreme 1.5TB is accessible by homebrew like MPlayer-ce but at the same time is not recognizable by any loader!!!

what's the difference between the methods of accessing the drive from a loader and MPlayer-ce ?

Yes, i've seen many negative feedback regarding that drive... but wonder why it works and doesn't at the same time

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the said:
don't understand why my Seagate FreeAgent xTreme 1.5TB is accessible by homebrew like MPlayer-ce but at the same time is not recognizable by any loader!!!

what's the difference between the methods of accessing the drive from a loader and MPlayer-ce ?

Yes, i've seen many negative feedback regarding that drive... but wonder why it works and doesn't at the same time
The usb loaders use a different format - they use WBFS and mplayer uses fat.
You need 2 partitions on your drive to use both at the same time.

snuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 3.2U (never downgraded), HBC reports IOS36 v4.18
Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma, IOS249

I did the Twilight hack about a year ago and nothing since. Every backup I put in worked until this weekend when I acquired Tiger2010. I loaded it and got the 002 error that I've read so much about. I then tried Punchout which just gave me a black screen. Darn, that hack was working so good for so long but I guess all good things must come to an end.

I read up on the 002 error and from what I gather, I either have to patch the iso with the scrubber program before burning or I have to install some additional loader in HBC to get around the error. Is that right? I hope not because I am lazy and would like to just burn what I get without patching and run them through the Backup launcher channel like I always have.

Is there a new and improved Backup Launcher other than the WiiGator one I've been using? If so, is it an update or a whole new program? I've read a lot about the USB loader and I think that might be my next hack once I get an extra drive. Does the USB loader automatically fix the 002 error to or am I back to patching ISOs? I plan to go the USB route once I get that drive but for now I have plenty of Verbatim DVD-Rs that I would like to put to use. These dvds have always worked great for me no matter the speed I burn them. I burned Tiger and Punchout at 4x btw.

What my next best move to play current games that are giving me 002 errors through a backup launcher channel without patching?

Is is good that I am on 3.2U or does it matter anymore if I'm on 4.0?

Great site, forum and thread. Thanks in advance for the help.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
snuka said:
I'm on 3.2U (never downgraded), HBC reports IOS36 v4.18
Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma, IOS249

I did the Twilight hack about a year ago and nothing since. Every backup I put in worked until this weekend when I acquired Tiger2010. I loaded it and got the 002 error that I've read so much about. I then tried Punchout which just gave me a black screen. Darn, that hack was working so good for so long but I guess all good things must come to an end.

I read up on the 002 error and from what I gather, I either have to patch the iso with the scrubber program before burning or I have to install some additional loader in HBC to get around the error. Is that right? I hope not because I am lazy and would like to just burn what I get without patching and run them through the Backup launcher channel like I always have.

Is there a new and improved Backup Launcher other than the WiiGator one I've been using? If so, is it an update or a whole new program? I've read a lot about the USB loader and I think that might be my next hack once I get an extra drive. Does the USB loader automatically fix the 002 error to or am I back to patching ISOs? I plan to go the USB route once I get that drive but for now I have plenty of Verbatim DVD-Rs that I would like to put to use. These dvds have always worked great for me no matter the speed I burn them. I burned Tiger and Punchout at 4x btw.

What my next best move to play current games that are giving me 002 errors through a backup launcher channel without patching?

Is is good that I am on 3.2U or does it matter anymore if I'm on 4.0?

Great site, forum and thread. Thanks in advance for the help.

People have got this working by using the usb loaders , but i think they also used cios rev 12 to get it running - it might be worth googling cios rev12 and trying to install it and see if you can play the game - the cios might be the key to getting that game playing, but i havent tested everything

undercoverjamil

Trophies
XP
Country
i have tried patching games and everything but i can't any game to work but cooking mama. can anyone help me. I can't get bomberman blast, super paper mario or virtua tennis 09 to work. I have 4 backup loaders and version 4.0 wii and thw wii is softmodded.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
undercoverjamil said:
i have tried patching games and everything but i can't any game to work but cooking mama. can anyone help me. I can't get bomberman blast, super paper mario or virtua tennis 09 to work. I have 4 backup loaders and version 4.0 wii and thw wii is softmodded.

Patching games hasnt been required since the beta loaders.

If even one game works then the system is installed properly and the issue is more than likely that your using DVD+R discs.
Failing that , all of the other ISO's you have are corrupt somehow , but the loader works fine if even 2 game is loading, though you may need to update your cIOS

Missilewarriorz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys
I have a softmodded 4.0u wii I modded it with banners and I have a problem with my backups sometimes my backups work, other times I get disc read error 324/384 I am using .3 gamma and the discs I am using are memorex DVD-R 16x burned at 4x with imgburn, I think the problem could be the discs because when the backups do work they work perfectly so my question is what is my best bet with this issue should I get new discs?
* if I left out any important info ask I'll provide the answer and also thanks in. Advance for the help!!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I found memorex to be a bit iffy at times to be honest so it could well be the discs - i would also try increasing your write speed to 8 or even 12 if u have that option.

try get some verbatum dvd-r and see how they work for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...