Hacking Wii Disk Loaders Issues and Answers :

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really an issue, but I'm just posting here to avoid clutter.

Is it possible play multidisc games (MGS: Twin Snakes, Tales of Symphonia, etc) on a single disc with the Multi ISO creator thing? Like if I burned the ISOs for discs 1 and 2 of MGS on a single disc, could I play both of them? You get what I mean?

ultrasonicwo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

I have this problem with my Backup Loader Gamma v0.3. I have No More Heoes [NTSC][PAL]. So everything goes fine. Then i downloaded it on a DVD-R Disc. I run my Backup Channel... So this is the problem. When i play i have to force it to Pal60/50 With or no the VID Patch thing. When i try to force it to NTSC or run it without anything forced it goes green! The screen goes green. Then when i do it with PAL60/50 it goes on Black and White... I dont know what else to do! I can normaly play the game but... hey a little bit of color isnt bad sometimes.... And im wondering what do i have to do because... I have Naruto Clash of NInja Revolution 2 and i can play it normaly with even color on the backup channel. I have heard its a problem of the TV, my tv is HDTV so... they i say i need another cables(Bla Blah Blah) I need to know what do i have to know... I have done everything i know and is still on Black and white! Please give me all the solutions and solution, possibles! The game is well play, so its only the color. Please Help!!

P.S:My wii version is 4.0U. I have downloaded all these games by torrent from ESPALWII(DOT)com

Thanks a lot!

Max

white wolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
i need help. i lost the sd card that i had the confirmable usb loader on. I want to know is it possable to save it on a second usb drive to work in the homebrew chanel?

stewmeat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using USB Loader GX and Marvel Ultimate Alliance PAL, up until now all my PAL games work fine when forced to NTSC but this one gives me a grey screen. The game still loads as I can hear the intro and I can even hit the home button and navigate blindly to get back to the wii menu. If I load PAL I get the typical B/W screen and if I choose Autopatch I get color but it scrolls like an old TV with a messed up Horizontal hold. Any help is appreciated.

jonfelkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having problems formatting my HDD to FAt32 I tried in command prompt but at the very end it tells me the drive was too big to format, Is there a programme that I can get that will allow me to format a 1TB samsung drive in windows vista, I got some programmes that claim to format it in a few seconds but that just crashes the wii when it tries to accsses it.

Luxlux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all thank you all, for the support from the community here has made softmodding the wii much easier than I expected. great cooperation and advances!

Im only struggling with some issues with some games, this being the disc loaders section I'll ask:

Most people seem to prefer HDD loaders, but I would like to know what are the BEST DISC LOADERS out there. What do you think?

I use Neogamma R8 Beta 15. IOS 249(rev14) but It does not load up games such as Call of Duty Warfare Reflex Edition, SmartyPants and Rumble Vs RAW 2010... I have searched around the forums and found good advise about neogamma, But I seem to have the most update IOS, and yet, I cannot make it load. So, I would like to know if you have any other advise, and if other loaders have made the trick for any of you. thanks!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Luxlux said:
First of all thank you all, for the support from the community here has made softmodding the wii much easier than I expected. great cooperation and advances!

Im only struggling with some issues with some games, this being the disc loaders section I'll ask:

Most people seem to prefer HDD loaders, but I would like to know what are the BEST DISC LOADERS out there. What do you think?

I use Neogamma R8 Beta 15. IOS 249(rev14) but It does not load up games such as Call of Duty Warfare Reflex Edition, SmartyPants and Rumble Vs RAW 2010... I have searched around the forums and found good advise about neogamma, But I seem to have the most update IOS, and yet, I cannot make it load. So, I would like to know if you have any other advise, and if other loaders have made the trick for any of you. thanks!
Maybe you have to give softchip a try
or neogamma R7

Gregs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can someone help me with a problem here. I've got a GC game backup on a CD and want to play it on my wii. I do have a GC launcher, but when I use it, it says failed to read disc (the disc does work, tested it on someone else's wii who unfortunately can't help me with this problem), the screens turns green and the wii reboots itself. My wii is softmodded and the backup is on a DVD -R. What am I doing wrong ?

Notyalc

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a few very quick questions about hard drives for USB Loaders:

Firstly, any limit on the size of the hard drives' memory?
I'm thinking I might just get 1tb as there's only about £20 difference between that & a 120gb - It should last me for a long time hopefully!

Secondly, I know vaguely that the HD must be partitioned to work on the Wii, which I imagine is fine. But could I unplug it at any time to use it as a normal HD too? 'Cos I'd be hoping to use the HD with my Laptop to store films, TV & the like.
This possible?

Thirdly, it's not too hard to set up a partition, no?

And finally, any recommendations for USB Loaders?
I'd like a coverflow thing on it...

darth_maharius

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello everyone. Im not a pro in loaders and got one question
I was using wankinko usb loader 1.5 all time and now have troubles when lunch the new games. got message on a blue screen : Error 002 pleasy insert disc...etc
Update cIOS 38 on rev 17 and nothing helps.
Trying to use usb loader gx and still the same error.
Maybe i need someting to install? Pls help me.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, Using the latest softmod on my Wii, 4.2E, V17 of 249/250, and V4 of 202/222/223.
Using Configurable USB Loader, Super Smash Bros Brawl (Dual Layer) just gives me an error when trying to even bring it up to the options screen of the loader.

wbfs panic : malloc fst

Its the ONLY game I have an issue with, also its the only DL I have.

Wii Backup Manager is happy with the game (doesnt barf, and transfers OK), and have tried it on both FAT32 and WBFS partitions with same error.

Any ideas.

Edit: Seems it doesnt like the Game Update or other extra's in the ISO. Need to keep only the game portion, then it loads fine. Go figure ......

Jave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my games has started locking up at the same spot every time when being played off a USB drive (WBFS) via configurable USB loader. It's worked for months since then. Is this a sign the drive has issues? Is there a way to check? Where do I start in troubleshooting this issue? I'm running Wii 4.2E and CIOS14 (249)

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
sorry if this was mentioned before but i realised that if you have sandisk U3 compatible drive you need to uninstall u3 first before formatting the usb to WBFS.

reiness77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I just got a Wii and have several questions. What do I need to play gamecube backups? I currently have R8 Neogamma R15. Do I need to install Gamecube backup launchers? or can I just upgrade to R9? (I heard it plays GC backups). Is gamecube backup launcher compatible with R8?

Thanks in advance

killer7519

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
me and my brother just cant seem to get either thewii loader nor the WAD manager to work.
hate2.gif
it goes black whenever we load them can someone give us some help and good links for them PLEASE!!!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but...