Homebrew Wii Browser

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
drakorex now that multiple d/load links in one shortcut are supported I say why not include both the SM and Theme together. It would require the users own source_menu.ini so no harm done anyway if the person doesn't set it up. If u get requests from users to separate it then maybe consider it after the release I dunno. Just throwing ideas out there.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the god awful delays on this one guys. Once school started, I didn't have much time for hobbies like this, so it was put on hold for a while.
Anyway, here it is.

USBLoader_GX_Screen_Shot_Sep2800385213.png
screencap_65.png

Wii Browser Forwarder [WIIB] Download

Tested personally and works perfectly from Wii Menu. Used AcidFlare's DOL and used the SaveGameManagerGX banner as a base (which itself is based on Deca Sports/Sports Island)
Music is some cool thing I found on youtube.

As for the new Icon.png based on the banner, here ya go, it's not all that great, but it does the job.
icon.png

Edit: I know America isn't the only continent, I tried a few other images for the icon, but that one just looked the best. To compensate, I put Africa and Europe in the Icon.png. Just because. xD

Reactions: MassiveRican

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As soon as 7z support is fixed, and a few more items are added to the inventory, FlowMart can officially go public and as such, can be added to the official Wiibrowser repertoire. Not sure what or how you plan to go about a new site gave92, but why not just create an official Wiibrowser thread. Or the Google code page seems sufficient. Filetrip would also serve your purpose, I think.:)

gave92

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nice job, CheatFreak47!!
As for the icon.png i'll go with the one you posted earlier (american one), it really looks better xD

drakorex bad news: 7z files won't work (most of them anyway), and this is because of the library I'm using to decompress:
wiixplorer uses the same one (and has the same problems), so you can use it to test specific files.
As for the site I think i'll just move downloads to my dropbox.

EDIT: WOAH I'M THE BEST I DID IT!!

EDIT2: drakorex To clarify the sentence above: I've fixed the 7z extraction, and in this wiibrowser is now better than wiixplorer. :lol:

Reactions: Maxternal

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice job, CheatFreak47!!
As for the icon.png i'll go with the one you posted earlier (american one), it really looks better xD

drakorex bad news: 7z files won't work (most of them anyway), and this is because of the library I'm using to decompress:
wiixplorer uses the same one (and has the same problems), so you can use it to test specific files.
As for the site I think i'll just move downloads to my dropbox.

EDIT: WOAH I'M THE BEST I DID IT!!

EDIT2: drakorex To clarify the sentence above: I've fixed the 7z extraction, and in this wiibrowser is now better than wiixplorer. :lol:
You...Are a coding GOD! FUCK YEAH, gave92, FUCK YEAH!:bow:
So is the link from before updated then?

Reactions: MassiveRican

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, 7z extracting is fixed...I think. It hasn't code dumped, but I've been staring at the darn extraction animation for about five minutes now. Makes me wish I knew how much longer it's got. Now I'm about to turn off the wii and try again...

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Carbonik purple

While you're at it, I went onto wiflowiki and tried to grab 8bit Playground, but when I boot it up, it downloads and then the screen goes black, the music keeps playing.It worked, but still. Rars blackscreen now on extraction?. Odd...

Attachments

• THEMES _Carbonik Purple.7z.zip
    352 bytes · Views: 138

gave92

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That shortcut contains illegal characters: "DownloadFolder +AD0- /wiiflow/themes/"
As for the carbonik theme all seems fine: I tested it on my pc and it took 5.5 minutes to extract, I don't want to think how much time will it take on wii.
I can't do much about this, you may try a smaller file e.g. this

EDIT: please try the updated boot.dol (same link as before), it may solve the issue..

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
No way for now, as that url is FTP:// protocol instead of HTTP://.
I'll see what to do.

EDIT: I've fixed this issue in the SVN, with the next version you will be able to use ftp shortcuts too.
drakorex i didn't get a chance to test the FTP d/loads before I lost everything, did u get an opportunity to use FlowMart with FTP?

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That shortcut contains illegal characters: "DownloadFolder +AD0- /wiiflow/themes/"
As for the carbonik theme all seems fine: I tested it on my pc and it took 5.5 minutes to extract, I don't want to think how much time will it take on wii.
I can't do much about this, you may try a smaller file e.g. this

EDIT: please try the updated boot.dol (same link as before), it may solve the issue..
I dunno what the hell is goin on there. I just tried the multidownload thing, and +AD0- popped up in place of all =. And +AF8- for any _. It wasn't that way when I saved it in Word.

Here's the ini I used. The first one downloads and extracts, but it doesn't try to download the second one. I tried first without a blank line between startpage1 and startpage2 (same with the download folders). I know there has to be a blank line after UnzipFile = 1 for it to work, but no luck.

I tried both urls separately and they work fine.

gave92

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No the second works fine, it's the first that has problems because it's a mediafire link that expires after some time

gave92

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just tried and for me is the reverse :lol:
I'll see what to do

I'm using this file:
Code:
StartPage1 = http://wii.nintendomax.com/Homebrews/Jeux/LonesomePixel/lonesome_pixel_wii.7z
StartPage2 = http://download1831.mediafire.com/634daa94657g/9rvkos6o70vlwvj/8bit plygrg-m.rar
StartPage3 = https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6aqel5f6g2rdbqh/8bit plygrnd-m.zip?token_hash=AAFr2hJ8epX1cir-8ThvcGXVFqmW6CCHXq8404ZClk_Feg&dl=1
DownloadFolder1 = /downloads/
DownloadFolder2 = /wiiflow/themes/
DownloadFolder3 = /wiiflow/source_menu/
UnzipFile = 1
FlowMartMode = 1

1 and 3 work, 2 (mediafire) no

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried and for me is the reverse :lol:
I'll see what to do

I'm using this file:
Code:
StartPage1 = http://wii.nintendomax.com/Homebrews/Jeux/LonesomePixel/lonesome_pixel_wii.7z
StartPage2 = http://download1831.mediafire.com/634daa94657g/9rvkos6o70vlwvj/8bit plygrg-m.rar
StartPage3 = https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6aqel5f6g2rdbqh/8bit plygrnd-m.zip?token_hash=AAFr2hJ8epX1cir-8ThvcGXVFqmW6CCHXq8404ZClk_Feg&dl=1
DownloadFolder1 = /downloads/
DownloadFolder2 = /wiiflow/themes/
DownloadFolder3 = /wiiflow/source_menu/
UnzipFile = 1
FlowMartMode = 1

1 and 3 work, 2 (mediafire) no
Just tried your setup here, only the first one downloaded/extracted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto