Homebrew Wii Browser

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, weird things. When I launched that multidownload using the lines you provided, it took a little longer to boot up, the download window popped up, but nothing was in it! It wasn't until I hit home, that a single download progress bar popped up as it shut down. Single downloads show up fine.

gave92

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok I guess I got it: it was a sort of 'timimg' issue so it was working with 5 downloads and not with 3, ecc..
Try to download the boot.dol again and keep your fingers crossed :)

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Have u tried different links? Or a set of 5 links to confirm gave92's timing issue like he said? I'm sorry I can't be more useful right now guys. I'm completely in the dark for about another week or so.

gave92

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This works fine for me, with 2, 3, 5 downloads taken from the links posted earlier.
drakorex please put it in /wiiflow/plugins/, if it still does not work send me the shortcut file you're using,
and check the /apps/wiibrowser/ folder for a file called "debug.txt" and if there is, please send it too.

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This works fine for me, with 2, 3, 5 downloads taken from the links posted earlier.
drakorex please put it in /wiiflow/plugins/, if it still does not work send me the shortcut file you're using,
and check the /apps/wiibrowser/ folder for a file called "debug.txt" and if there is, please send it too.
Same old same. You say you tried this on your wii and it worked? For me, the download doesn't seem to start until I go to exit. And then there's only the one. If you can't get it in the next couple attempts, don't worry about it. I guess I'll just have to have separate downloads for themes and source menus.

gave92

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yep tried on wii (several times too) and works flawlessly :o
i think I'll put up a version that prints a huge quantity of debug messages, hoping to point out the problem..
In the mean time I'd need the shortcut file you're using, and the "debug.txt" if any.

EDIT: it would be helpful if there was anyone else who could try this.

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried on Wii and WiiU. Common denominator is my sd card. Will try different cards, usb, etc. and report back later.

gave92

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
your setup may be the problem..
this version prints out a few debug messages to help me find what the problem is:
just run this once through wiiflow then send me the two "debug.txt" files you should find in "/wiiflow/plugins/" and in "/apps/wiibrowser".

Reactions: MassiveRican

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your setup may be the problem..
this version prints out a few debug messages to help me find what the problem is:
just run this once through wiiflow then send me the two "debug.txt" files you should find in "/wiiflow/plugins/" and in "/apps/wiibrowser".
Here's my entire FlowMart setup.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rizzc8igvoet4b/flowmart setup.zip

I let it run about 10 minutes before exiting. Tried on 3 different cards, on both wii and wiiu. Hopefully the debug info tells you something. If next attempt doesn't work, Themes without source menus will just have to have separate downloads.

gave92

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
drakorex! I'm having a bad doubt: have you ever tried a shortcut different from "THEMES _8bit Playground.www"?
if you haven't than I know why it wasn't working: 2nd and 3rd url are malformed :/

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drakorex! I'm having a bad doubt: have you ever tried a shortcut different from "THEMES _8bit Playground.www"?
if you haven't than I know why it wasn't working: 2nd and 3rd url are malformed :/
Ok, fair enough. So I tried the Green theme. It's a 7z. First I did it with the source menu, and ended up with a corrupted theme. So I tried the theme by itself and got the same result. As far as multiple downloads, it's negative. Also there must be some funky things going on with 7z extraction.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
I've made some WiiBrowser Artwork at 120x90 pixels (for the sourceflow). Perhaps someone here might find it useful?
Anyhoo:
mJWxrCu.png

Reactions: MassiveRican

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, fair enough. So I tried the Green theme. It's a 7z. First I did it with the source menu, and ended up with a corrupted theme. So I tried the theme by itself and got the same result. As far as multiple downloads, it's negative. Also there must be some funky things going on with 7z extraction.

Also I tried the Chriistmas theme. It's a rar. It code dumped on extraction.
The music seems to have disappeared when it was working before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1