Homebrew Wii Browser

gave92

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No way for now, as that url is FTP:// protocol instead of HTTP://.
I'll see what to do.

EDIT: I've fixed this issue in the SVN, with the next version you will be able to use ftp shortcuts too.

Reactions: MassiveRican

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gave92 We're getting ever so slowly closer to some kind of release, so i thought I'd test out rar and 7z downloading. The downloading part worked just fine, but upon extraction, the rar code dumped. The 7z took forevvvvvvverrrr to extract, and when I tried switching to the theme I just downloaded, it crashed, because all the files that had been "extracted" were corrupted.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the maximum file size can you download on here, I tried at least 300kb but it just stops and deletes the file. Also can I get a link for the latest revision with the folder and stuff.

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A devious little thought crossed my mind. Certain funny sounding individuals have made it painfully clear that they in no way intend to include the source menu in the same download as their themes. Would it be possible to have two different download links in a shortcut, and have one start when the first one finishes?

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gave92

alterVista
Exceeded bandwidth allowance

The website has exceeded its monthly bandwidth allowance.
Note to the webmaster: please log in your control panel and raise it, otherwise the website will be available again from the first day of the next month.
AlterVista - Create Free Web Site
WUT? o.O

gave92

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, wiibrowser has become quite popular ;)
Next month I'll have to move downloadable files to another hosting site, this should save much bandwidth.
drakorex said:
Would it be possible to have two different download links in a shortcut, and have one start when the first one finishes?
It's possible, but if would be much simpler if all files in a shortcut could share the same "downloadfolder": would this be ok?

PS: Still no luck with .rar and .7z files, but there's the serious possibility that next rev will bring support for video playing

Reactions: Maxternal

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
as far as free hosting sites, just for files (and I think allowing direct downloads) the first two free ones that come to mind are
google drive https://drive.google.com/
and dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/

Also, while 7Z and RAR files would be NICE ... I don't really see the problem with just sticking to ZIP files ... but maybe that's just me.

And if worse comes to worse with the multiple files thing you could always have twp separate Flowmart entries, something like:
"X theme (no source menu)"
and
"source menu for X theme"

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
gave92 I don't think d/loading to the same folder would work for since the files need to be in different locations. Drakorex it might be best to let the user decide to d/load a source menu and theme seperarely unless gave92 can add some lines to the WiiBrowser plugin, like
Code:
url1=
Downloadfolder1=
Url2=
Downloadfolder2=

Something along those lines since im not looking at the ini now i cant remember exactly. Basically it would start the second download once the first one finishes. Awesome news regarding video playback, very exciting and impressive how much WiiBrowser has evolved. Great coding gave92 :D

gave92

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok it wasn't that hard, you will be able to use:
Code:
StartPage = url1|url2|url3...
DownloadFolder = dlfolder1|dlfolder2|dlfolder3...
FlowMartMode = 1
or
Code:
StartPage1 = url1
DownloadFolder1 = dlfolder1
StartPage2 = url2
DownloadFolder2 = dlfolder2
StartPage3 = url3
DownloadFolder3 = dlfolder3
FlowMartMode = 1

Note the line "FlowMartMode = 1", it's necessary to enable multiple downloads per shortcut
All downloads will happen in parallel

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gave92 Drakorex it might be best to let the user decide to d/load a source menu and theme seperarely

So you think it would be better not to have source menus with the themes at all? I figured bundling a source with the theme would save the user some download time.
Also, while 7Z and RAR files would be NICE ... I don't really see the problem with just sticking to ZIP files ... but maybe that's just me.
The issue with rar/7z files is I don't want to have to rehost everything, and it would be better to download directly from the original link so any party poopers can't say "How dare you mirror my files, take 'em down!":angry: And 7z/rar is seemingly increasingly popular, and I'm not gonna be like "Um...Hey guys? Could you please rehost your files in a zip folder for my little FlowMart plugin? KTHNKSBAI!":unsure:

Ok it wasn't that hard, you will be able to use:
Code:
StartPage = url1|url2|url3...
DownloadFolder = dlfolder1|dlfolder2|dlfolder3...
FlowMartMode = 1
or
Code:
StartPage1 = url1
DownloadFolder1 = dlfolder1
StartPage2 = url2
DownloadFolder2 = dlfolder2
StartPage3 = url3
DownloadFolder3 = dlfolder3
FlowMartMode = 1

Note the line "FlowMartMode = 1", it's necessary to enable multiple downloads per shortcut
All downloads will happen in parallel
I do believe we've (you) just created Que list for downloads. Amazing. Just a random thought. Would be extremely spiffy if the wiishop music could play in the background of the plugin while downloading. Do with that what you will. :)

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I kinda fell off the map there for a while. I've been busy with school and playing actual video games lately. I just haven't had a ton of time to work on a banner. I had something, but I thought it sucked and decided to use SaveGameManagerGX's banner as a base. I'll work on it and have it up soon. (If not tomorrow, than friday night for sure)

gave92

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
drakorex you may like to try this: it's a compiled boot.dol that includes a fix for rar files (7z still not work)
and support for multiple download links in shortcuts plus a "spiffy surprise" ;)

CheatFreak47 Thanks for what you're doing!
emh.. a new icon.png wold be nice too :)

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drakorex you may like to try this: it's a compiled boot.dol that includes a fix for rar files (7z still not work)
and support for multiple download links in shortcuts plus a "spiffy surprise" ;)

CheatFreak47 Thanks for what you're doing!
emh.. a new icon.png wold be nice too :)

Cool, i'll do one of those then too, since i'll have the graphic assets already.

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just tried rar downloading, went off without a hitch! 7Z is confirmed not working. I was not spiffily surprised. Looked in the settings, not even an option for music. Possibly because it was taken out of the app settings?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking something like this.

Edit: Maybe darker logo?
wiibrowser_beta_logo2.png

gave92

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OriginalHamster said:
I think updates through the app are no longer available? This new releases are beta ones?
App autoupdate still works: let's call this a "pre-release for loyal users" ;)

Nice work CheatFreak47!
But don't forget that America is not the only continent on earth :lol:

drakorex the new music will play only if you start the app from a shortcut that has the line "FlowMartMode = 1"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto