Hardware wii alternative controler

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good news on that correction mrhellfire!!!

edit

i found this picture. i think it explains almost everytrhing
wacko.gif

controllermatrix2.gif

article here

Is it just me or does that image seem a bit wrong..

How would you play a Wii game such as Wario Ware or Twilight Princess with the GameCube or classic controllers?
unsure.gif
I think its saying that all controllers can play certain gams of each, maybe not all but some like alot of 3rd party games and that.

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

edit

wacko.gif

controllermatrix2.gif

article here

How would you play a Wii game such as Wario Ware or Twilight Princess with the GameCube or classic controllers?
unsure.gif

If you can play Twlight Princess on a Gamecube, why can't you play on the Wii with a Gamecube controller?

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
It´s not the same control scheme, it´s not even the same game
tongue.gif
, that´s why.

You can´t play every -if it´s even posible- Wii game with a GC controller.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let's say you buy the GC version of Twilight Princess and you have a Wii. You can put that into the Wii and play it with a GC controller (but not the classic controller). You could of course also play that on a GC.

If you buy the Wii version of Twilight Princess you can only play it on a Wii with the Wiimote, it is not compatible at all with a standard controller scheme.

There does still seem to be conflicting information on if you can use the GC controller for Wii only games that use a normal controller scheme. So for instance Super Smash Brothers. In other words, the checkbox at the upper right corner of that chart is still in dispute.

IGN also seems to think you can use the classic controller with GameCube games (in other words, the Classic Controller column should have check marks in every box). This conflicts with what the chart says.

Does someone have definitive, current information that can be backed up with a source? (that's not already IGN or this website?)

[edit]

Here's the info from IGN that is conflicting:

QUOTE said:
Q: Is it possible to use a GCN controller to play Wii games? What about vice versa?

A: There is still some confusion about whether or not this is possible. Masahiro Sakurai, director of the forthcoming Wii fighter Super Smash Bros. Brawl, said that the game would be playable only with a GameCube controller - not a Wii-mote. (The title will very likely also, if not solely make use of Wii's classic controller.) However, Nintendo executives have repeatedly stated that GCN controllers will be incompatible with Wii games. Backing the latter up is The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, whose Wii version is only compatible with the Wii-mote and whose GCN build is only compatible with the GCN controller.

[/edit]

Helmut

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

edit

wacko.gif

controllermatrix2.gif

article here

unsure.gif

If you can play Twlight Princess on a Gamecube, why can't you play on the Wii with a Gamecube controller?

It just means that some games could be designed for the GC controller, not that ALL games will be playable with it. Smash Bros has already been announced as a GC controller game only.

WK416

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So $20 for gamecube controller or $20 for classic controller... hmm....

Guess what just went on my wishlist!
$20?

Is it possible to create an adapter to plug the classic controller into a GC controller port? If so, it'd be a little more useful (little more expensive too). If so, then I really hope that 5000 VC points + free controller deal is true.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1