Hacking When are we going to get Haxchi for Free?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
It's implied by the OP's original post that he might not be aware of Mocha. Given that and the fact that the scope of the thread wasn't strictly related to Haxchi and nothing else, I respectfully disagree. In other words, merely asking about free Haxchi doesn't exclude topics of free alternatives to Haxchi. If the OP had said, "When are we going to get free Haxchi? And I'm not talking about Mocha or anything else. I mean only Haxchi," then that would be another story.

Yes.
Then I guess it’s subjective, since I don’t see it that way. :)
Well, anyway, good talk. I apologize if anything came across as offensive. I trust you know me well enough to know that was never the intention. :)

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bite the bullet . Buy the game stop being a cheap ass CBHC works great! & is only dangerous if you are a full on retard...!

Your opinion sucks & please do not use ableist slurs. CHBC is fragile, and user error is only one way to break it. The slightest of file system corruption and you are bricked. Power outage at the wrong time, brick. Bad luck, brick.

Last edited by blahblah,

BasedHelix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! New to this. Is there any known methods of keeping Mocha CFW on without turning off the Wii U system? Like say... having the Wii U in standby mode. If I turn it on from that, would my Wii U still be in CFW? And what other things turn off my CFW? Cause I noticed when I injected my Wii/GC games, play them, and go back to my Wii U home menu, it turns off my CFW. It makes me wonder if despite the dangers, outright buying a DS game for Haxchi would be more worth it so it can be more intuitive.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a wii u once. I modded it, used it once, it sits now , collecting dust, and now it's basically waiting for a party for some lit af guitar hero customs

sirxup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think people should be upset about paying the 7-8 bucks to run the exploit. Considering what it opens up. As far as a free alternative like you guys are arguing over that's what mocha is for. I have both on mine because I need mocha to launch tcp gecko and other programs, plus always good to have on hand incase I ever run into compatibility issues. If an alternative comes out some day so be it, but I'm happy with what I got now so I'm not complaining.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I want to know why 1.) Nobody has gotten coldbooting working via a homebrew app installation and 2.) Why can't we restore a NAND backup via soft-mod? We can on the Wii and the Switch, so WTF gives?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why can't we restore a NAND backup via soft-mod? We can on the Wii and the Switch, so WTF gives?
1- On both of those consoles (and 3DS; and DS & DSi though that's inherent in how the system works) the program used for flashing runs with the rest of the OS unloaded, so there is nothing (also writing to flash, possibly using cached block locations) to conflict with - I'm not sure on if/how WiiU nand dumpers (and non-Bootmii Wii ones) achieve that, but it's a prerequisite of a good backup and of a good restore

2- Tangential issue, but downgrading a WiiU also requires changing the kernel version in the eeprom (anti downgrade protection) - I'm not sure of the existence of any code (bonus points for known stability) for doing that in the usual homebrew libraries

3- Hey it's just a wiiu after all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like the type of packaging you'd find with a wristwatch.