Gaming What score do you think mario odyssey will get?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,756
  • Replies 74

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, yeah.
I played it on the Gamescom in undocked mode, just as you say, the game is in the open side, like Mario 64.
Although I could only play for 10 minutes or so, I really liked what I experienced.
That said, I would have preferred to play it on a big screen and with a Pro Controller.

At Gamestop its on the big screen. I played for 3 minutes or so like I said then watched for like another minute. A bunch of kids came in so I let them have the machine. Felt good, looked good. I liked the feel of the hat. It made sense and felt intuitive.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think it will get a lot of perfect scores. I'm getting the game regardless, because Mario games are some of my favorites and this one looks fantastic. I don't know if it will be perfect, but I'll read reviews and play and decide for myself.

i can't wait for all the salt on here from the peeps who won't update and can't play it. it's going to be GLORIOUS :creep:

I couldn't agree with this more.

Last edited by Scott-105,

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't wait for all the salt on here from the peeps who won't update and can't play it. it's going to be GLORIOUS :creep:

Why would we (those at 3.0.0 or below) be salty? If we want to update we can do so at any time. I'll be playing Mario Odyssey on a friend's Switch. If I couldn't do that I'd wait. If I couldn't wait, I'd update. You are trying to position yourself as one of the "haves". You are actually one of the "have nots." We have the ability to chose. We can wait for homebrew or update to play the latest. You do not have that choice.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You are trying to position yourself as one of the "haves". You are actually one of the "have nots." We have the ability to chose. We can wait for homebrew or update to play the latest. You do not have that choice.
Rather, we already made that choice. Recent Nindies alone were good enough to update for, let alone Odyssey.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Considering Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 got 97, Super Mario 64 got 94, Super Mario 3D World got 93, Super Mario Sunshine got 92 (on metacritic)...
It'll hit at least 93. Hopefully 95-97.

Last edited by Emenaria,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Based on all the trailers I've seen so far i would give it at least 9/10.
Edge already gave it perfect score.
By the way when you do a review of this game on this site please don't give it to sony fan boy or it will get 7.5 again.
There are so many crappy games on this site that got more than 7.5.
I'm not saying that zelda deserve 10 but it should got 8/10.

I am more of a nintendo fan that anything else and i would still rate BOTW as a 7/10. People have different views, everybody need to deal with this. Personally i do not get the hype for splatoon too, but other people wet their pants over it.

Looking at what i saw on the trailers, mario is heading for a 9/10 or 10/10. It is quite different as a mario title, it looks and i am sure plays gorgeous and it has that nintendo creativity that we need from nintendo and not just rehashes. Personally i am thrilled and would there not be a possible hack stopping me from updating to play (if even it is 3.1) or tons of current and retro games to play, i would have it on pre-order. For me, THIS is the switch first proper 'killer app'.

Oh, forgot to also say that i think this is the true spiritual successor to Mario 64 my favourite mario of all times. It was the complete freeform exploration that set it apart in my eyes and i can see the same here. It just did not feel the same in sunshine or another one.

Last edited by geodeath,

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
images.png

Maybe another case of this?

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why would we (those at 3.0.0 or below) be salty? If we want to update we can do so at any time. I'll be playing Mario Odyssey on a friend's Switch. If I couldn't do that I'd wait. If I couldn't wait, I'd update. You are trying to position yourself as one of the "haves". You are actually one of the "have nots." We have the ability to chose. We can wait for homebrew or update to play the latest. You do not have that choice.
Yeah I can just use homebrew on my 3DS right now, or on my Wii U.. now, or on my PC...now, or on my laptop....now.

Homebrew isn't even out yet on Switch, you don't have anything but a choice, a choice we also had...

We have homebrew and Mario Odysesy, you have a refresh button, enjoy, I'm sure Super Mario World is going to be awesome for 6mins on your Switch when you eventually get it, I'm so jealous.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can the OP or someone explain how scores should work? I have tried to figure it out before but never get far before it dissolves into what I considered to be horrible irrational feelings based things.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
I'm more hyped about this than ANY Mario game for years. People keep on referring to this as feeling like the true successor to Mario 64, and that is my all time favourite Mario game.

I'm even considering what I've seen so far as enough to justify buying the Switch and I usually need there to be a few more must-have titles before I adopt a new system.
There are a few other nice games on the Switch, but as I have played the Wii U versions of most of those, there is very little incentive for me to buy those again.

As for reviews, I take most with a pinch of salt. They are so subjective and usually include some sort of bias either for or against Nintendo.

I personally love the mechanics of most 3D Mario games and spent a LOT of time playing them to completion, which justifies a 10/10 for them in my opinion. I will not review without a LONG period of play-time.

My only concerns at the moment are bugs, completion time (i.e. too short) or inconsistent difficulty levels (i.e. too easy or hard).

Last edited by fluffykiwi,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My only concerns at the moment are bugs, completion time (i.e. too short) or inconsistent difficulty levels (i.e. too easy or hard).

The uncanny valley thing with the human characters vs mario not a problem for you?
Thus far I have only seen the promo cgi video they had at the switch event but watching it at the end of that I kept having that Sonic game pop into my head. That said a get a vague unease from the city levels of mario kart so eh.
Could be worse too, could be thinking of that live action mario film.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The uncanny valley thing with the human characters vs mario not a problem for you?
Thus far I have only seen the promo cgi video they had at the switch event but watching it at the end of that I kept having that Sonic game pop into my head. That said a get a vague unease from the city levels of mario kart so eh.
Could be worse too, could be thinking of that live action mario film.
Can't be worse than that frekin Saturday morning Mario Cartoon...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps