What do you think is biggest failure in gaming?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
GameFreak, they've been lacking in the quality department since launching their games on the Switch and it's only been getting worse
I agree, but I think their fall started with Sun and Moon.

Reactions: Ryccardo and Flame

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There have been a ton of great points brought up already, most of them covering what I would have said.
-the years of mistakes and tensions between SEGA of Japan vs America
- the general acceptance of companies following the ship and patch a have later model
-micro transactions but likes let's be real, every game in a store now
-wasn't there an Aliens game that was basically a lie sold to gamers?
-the quick and quiet smothering of the Vita
-I even saw notable examples of other experiments like Stadia, Ouya, and the N Gage.
-anything Xbox really
-343's continual misunderstanding of the Halo franchise

Do massive wrongs that get righted warrant talking about? Like the initial release of FFXIV? I still can't believe they (SE) made cutscenes and story lore to explain an entire universe reboot. That's badass.

Personally, the initial state Destiny and Destiny 2 were released in.

MoshpitWorkout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
- the general acceptance of companies following the ship and patch a have later model
-micro transactions but likes let's be real, every game in a store now

Micro-transactions and day-1 dlc. Also consoles blocking your online access unless you're updated to the newest system update.

These are failures for us, the consumers, but the publishers are making bank on releasing half-finished games and having us paying for patches and content down the line.

Maybe gaming was the biggest failure after all :sad:

Reactions: Flame and Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also consoles blocking your online access unless you're updated to the newest system update.
More annoyance than a fail.... I have a similar issue with my phone at the moment... Been running Android Nougat since 2017 no probs but now I'm being forced to upgrade to my entire phone as apps are telling me I'm out of date now! Other than that the handset is better than a lot new ones I've seen!

Reactions: Flame

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand how to this day gaming companies still don't understand names are important

Wii u? Seriously???

Xbox One and Xbox series X??

Sony consistently winning with simple names like "3" and "5"

*New* Nintendo 3DS

I think if the new Xbox was called Xbox 5 (like with windows 10 skipping windows 9) it would be selling better

Reactions: Flame

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I don't understand how to this day gaming companies still don't understand names are important

Wii u? Seriously???

*New* Nintendo 3DS

I think if the new Xbox was called Xbox 5 (like with windows 10 skipping windows 9) it would be selling better

i think game companies came together and thought lets troll people from the future. for example:-

hay jim did you see this awesome game called red dead redemption on the Xbox One by rockstar? *jim checks wikipedia* i see no red dead redemption, i only see Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas by rockstar.

hay jim i you shoud check out Xenoblade Chronicles 3D on that New 3DS which you bought from ebay. *jim buys Xenoblade Chronicles 3D from ebay* jim gets an error code which says he needs a new 3ds. jimmy is really confused.

Reactions: x65943

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wii u? Seriously???

*New* Nintendo 3DS

What Microsoft SHOULD do is beat Sony to the punch and release the PlayStation 6 now

• Haha
Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol