Gaming What score do you think mario odyssey will get?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,777
  • Replies 74
D

Deleted User

OP
Based on all the trailers I've seen so far i would give it at least 9/10.
Edge already gave it perfect score.
By the way when you do a review of this game on this site please don't give it to sony fan boy or it will get 7.5 again.
There are so many crappy games on this site that got more than 7.5.
I'm not saying that zelda deserve 10 but it should got 8/10.

Last edited by ,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It depends, I guess it will get 10/10 in most review sites.
But if you ask @Tom Bombadildo to review it, expect something more in the 6-7 range.

EDIT: And I actually don't believe Tom is a Sony fanboy or anything like that at all, his reviews are consistent, but he is so harsh on any established franchise. He destroyed FFXV (and it deserved it really), and he was really harsh towards BotW (sure not a 10/10 game, but who cares? You shouldn't look so much at the "scores", if you actually read the review you will see most of what he says negatively about he game is consistent)

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: Cortador

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Read the review instead of looking at the score, that's my motto. I don't agree with Tom's BOTW score, but I respect it none the less. When reading the review, I get to know why he scored it "that low" and I can make my own judgement if those things are relevant to my own taste.

I believe Odyssey will get 10/10 and 9.5/10 by most big reviewers. I am not sure who's writing our review (I have a hunch) and I would guess that it's an 8.5 or 9, without knowing ANYTHING about the reviewer.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Given how infamously and tightly controlled triple-A game reviews are, I depressingly expect that they'll all be inflated as heck.

Especially considering what we saw when Jim Sterling gave that new zelda an average game score, some might simply inflate the score to protect themselves from death threats and attacks by the hyper-stupid fanboys out there with too much money and access to weaponry. :glare:

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm not into scoring a game, it doesn't really reflects what the game has to offer to everyone.

Instead of giving a score I'd give a comment on my very own findings. When people can't express their thinking through words, they give scores, which, again, don't reflect the game at all.

Reactions: AxlSt00pid

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it'll compete for game of the year. Sounds like they're trying to do a few new things, breathe a bit of exploration into mario, which should be fun. I don't care about scores, just the reasons why.

"I didn't like it because it wasn't what I was expecting", for instance, is a really shitty way of scoring a game.
"I don't particularly like how they handled this part of the game, felt a bit boring for me after a while" is a great way to score a game. I mean, you can disagree with them, but hey, they're at least getting to the important bits.

I mean, you've just got to find someone who finds the same things as you as boring/exciting/etc. and go from there. But I'm sure most folks will find broad appeal to this game, and everyone's going to enjoy it, at least a bit.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gamestop has the demo. I played it. Feels more like Mario64 than 3d world. I only had a few minutes to play it though. They put the hat on the A button. Feels pretty natural.
Well, yeah.
I played it on the Gamescom in undocked mode, just as you say, the game is in the open side, like Mario 64.
Although I could only play for 10 minutes or so, I really liked what I experienced.
That said, I would have preferred to play it on a big screen and with a Pro Controller.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
i can't wait for all the salt on here from the peeps who won't update and can't play it. it's going to be GLORIOUS :creep:
Shit man, just imagine if the Switch Pokemon game comes out before there are any new exploits. You'll be able to ski down that salt mountain. And then once again for Metroid Prime 4.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks