Hacking what happens when you launch CHBC's "DONT TOUCH TILE"?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
AFAIK that is the file that is launched in startup. Launching it again is just launching it again. Since CFW is already running and the loaders are simple, it probably results in crash like most people say.

It tells you to "NOT TOUCH IT" so you do not end up deleting it; as the hack is using a hidden config in Wii U configurations which includes a "boot this software automatically on boot" option - it probably is "Spring Cleaned" Disc launch on boot option or something that was just not right to anyone, but still exists, and is possible to point into any software in the console.

Removing the "DO NOT TOUCH" file is removing the software the console in config file is still told to look for on boot, and ends up in essentially a brick, though it is not bricked in any destruction of data system sense, it all is there still, but your console will end up crashing/infinite black screening on boot because it cannot find the file it wants to find.

So IF you ever decide to remove cold boot haxchi, use a removal tool for it!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the installer can remove it. I've uninstalled cbhc before. make sure it's uninstalled by the removal of the autoboot screen/menu before u do anything with the game.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
the installer can remove it. I've uninstalled cbhc before. make sure it's uninstalled by the removal of the autoboot screen/menu before u do anything with the game.
Exactly, not by just removing the do not touch file.

But to be very clear what the file is: The file itself is your DS game, with haxchi exploit within it, with new logo and name to make extra sure you will fuck with it as much as possible.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have no tile that says "don't touch" on my cbhc install.....but anyway it should be titled "Halt and Catch Fire"

The icon should be:
J3s9opn.jpg

And title: "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM"

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's y I think the differences in booting r attributed to copying rather than moving the game. I noticed this on my system when I installed cbhc, and the game icon and text didn't change. I had mine saying redNAND with a redNAND symbol from back when we used that. anyway, the rom.ip is probably being used from the haxchi install if u copied the game, so haxchi naturally boots up. the system isn't capable of showing the mlc and the usb versions of the same game, so it picks one. that's also y I think it prioritizes either the usb or the earliest install.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have no tile that says "don't touch" on my cbhc install.....but anyway it should be titled "Halt and Catch Fire"

that's probably because u copied the game. it won't change the title if u do that.

mrjezbud

Trophies
XP
Country
It literally just launches the Haxchi screen.

it will not brick. i use it to get to HBL after booting to sysnand from cbhc

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It literally just launches the Haxchi screen.

it will not brick. i use it to get to HBL after booting to sysnand from cbhc

I think that's due to copying the game, so the initial install of haxchi was left intact. I noticed this when I uninstalled cbhc to check something. my haxchi and config.txt still worked afterwards. since the icon and text didn't change when I installed cbhc (either time), I assume it was reading the haxchi install while cbhc was reading from the game on the internal flash. I'm positive this is the reason for differing results. if u had moved the game, the icon, text, and rom.zip will have changed.

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes sense for the ds game to be installed to the nand, as it isn't plug n play.
that's y I think the differences in booting r attributed to copying rather than moving the game. I noticed this on my system when I installed cbhc, and the game icon and text didn't change. I had mine saying redNAND with a redNAND symbol from back when we used that. anyway, the rom.ip is probably being used from the haxchi install if u copied the game, so haxchi naturally boots up. the system isn't capable of showing the mlc and the usb versions of the same game, so it picks one. that's also y I think it prioritizes either the usb or the earliest install.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

that's probably because u copied the game. it won't change the title if u do that.
Well, bought the wiiu on 5.5.1, blocked the update server, used the browser exploit to access hbl, used nnu patcher to access eshop, bought brain age, installed haxchi using the haxchi installer where it would only launch haxchi to a black screen with no errors, and finally I installed cbhc using the installer over haxchi ignoring the black screen problem as cbhc overwrites haxchi, and I had made a full nand backup already via hardmod "which was still installed incase of brick".

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes sense for the ds game to be installed to the nand, as it isn't plug n play.

Well, bought the wiiu on 5.5.1, blocked the update server, used the browser exploit to access hbl, used nnu patcher to access eshop, bought brain age, installed haxchi using the haxchi installer where it would only launch haxchi to a black screen with no errors, and finally I installed cbhc using the installer over haxchi ignoring the black screen problem as cbhc overwrites haxchi, and I had made a full nand backup already via hardmod "which was still installed incase of brick".

cbhc only overwrites if moved. copying the game essentially leaves two copies on the system. your black screen issue may be a bug and the reason I thought that's what happened if selecting the cbhc title.

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cbhc only overwrites if moved. copying the game essentially leaves two copies on the system. your black screen issue may be a bug and the reason I thought that's what happened if selecting the cbhc title.
The black screen issue was resolved after installing cbhc. I have not copied or moved any title. Unless the installer does this. I'm not having any issues, just continuing the conversation.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The black screen issue was resolved after installing cbhc. I have not copied or moved any title. Unless the installer does this. I'm not having any issues, just continuing the conversation.

you're lucky you didn't brick considering something was wrong on the haxchi end.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be something happened with the haxchi install and not the cbhc install. u don't need to install haxchi to install cbhc, but it's strongly suggested u do to make sure it works.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
cmon ignorance is strong here srs

nothing happens if you launch cbhc title dont touch me you just reboot back into sysmenu srs people saying it would brick lololol are you that ignorant?

THE only ways to brick with cbhc are
- if you format the console
-unlink your nnid since you loose acess to the title.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: MattKimura

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cmon ignorance is strong here srs

nothing happens if you launch cbhc title dont touch me you just reboot back into sysmenu srs people saying it would brick lololol are you that ignorant?

THE only ways to brick with cbhc are
- if you format the console
-unlink your nnid since you loose acess to the title.

I don't think anyone said it would brick the console. it was a query.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good idea