Hacking What can a hacked Switch potentially do?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the Wii can emulate game cube, Wiiu can emulate Wii, DS can emulate GBA, the 3DS can emulate DS... Are you sure about your math?
The Wii cannot emulate a Gamecube. The Wii IS a Gamecube, with some additional hardware patched above it that is not used when you play Gamecube games.
The Wii U cannot emulate a Wii, the Wii U is a Wii, or more like three Wiis glued together, with some additional hardware that is not used when you play Wii games.
The DS cannot emulate GBA, the DS IS a GBA, with some additional hardware that is not used when you play GBA games.
The 3DS cannot emulate DS, the 3DS IS a DS, with some additional hardware that is not used when you play DS games.

IN THE OTHER HAND; THE SWITCH IS NOT A WII U, IT HAS NO WII U HARDWARE AT ALL, IT IS ALL NEW AND DIFFERENT.
Capisce?

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The Wii cannot emulate a Gamecube. The Wii IS a Gamecube, with some additional hardware patched above it that is not used when you play Gamecube games.
The Wii U cannot emulate a Wii, the Wii U is three Wiis glued together, with some additional hardware that is not used when you play Wii games.
The DS cannot emulate GBA, the DS IS a GBA, with some additional hardware that is not used when you play GBA games.
The 3DS cannot emulate DS, the 3DS IS a DS, with some additional hardware that is not used when you play DS games.

IN THE OTHER HAND; THE SWITCH IS NOT A WII U, IT HAS NO WII U HARDWARE AT ALL, IT IS ALL NEW AND DIFFERENT.
Capisce?

If you say so. Ok :)

but, only but, if it happens in a few years, I will be happy to quote this post
I remember they said the same thing of DS running on 3ds too. All said to be impossible

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I remember they said the same thing of DS running on 3ds too. All said to be impossible
Do it, I know what I talk about.
The Wii U cannot be emulated hardware wise on the Switch.
But even Cemu doesn't emulate the thing hardware wise, it has a big component of HLE.
The games can one by one be PORTED, sure.
They can even build a framework to make porting quick and easy (simulating the Wii U libraries). And this is probably what they are already doing.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
S

Saiyan Lusitano

the Wii can emulate game cube, Wiiu can emulate Wii, DS can emulate GBA, the 3DS can emulate DS... Are you sure about your math?

This. The Wii is basically a GameCube Slim version but somehow the Wii still managed to look graphically worse than GameCube games did, imo.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

All they games that you mentioned got a slot or a compatible mode within it.
The switch doesn't have a disc player neither a wii u compatible mode.
Did the Game Boy Player for the SNES ran natively or was that emulated? Just asking out of curiosity.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did the Game Boy Player for the SNES ran natively or was that emulated? Just asking out of curiosity.
I am almost sure the Game Boy Player contained all the hardware of a Gameboy (except the screen) inside itself.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
D

Deleted User

Exactly. And since it used the SNES built-in clock and divided the rate by 5 or something instead of using its own built-in clock, it ran slightly too fast.
Fixed in sgb 2

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And for the op, buy a nvidia shield to know what the switch can do. The switch is an nvidia shield (with underclocked cpu iirc) harware-wise so just look up on the web what that can do... and the shield is fully unlocked/hacked or whatever... switch could run psx games but i dont think ps2... if ninty wi make the miracle of gc on switch I will be surprised and super happy...

Last edited by ,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It won't happen. The only way it would even be remotely possible is if Nintendo patches games on a case-by-case basis, at which point it might as well just be porting

D

Deleted User

not quite sure what you mean by this.

All DS games actually run on a different part of the hardware than 3ds games. The 3DS isn't emulating the DS. You can test this yourself by trying to press the home button while in a DS/DSi game. It won't show you the home menu, but rather something saying that it will exit the game without saving. If it was emulating the DS, then it would show the home menu because the DS games would be running software wise.

D

Deleted User

not quite sure what you mean by this.

All DS games actually run on a different part of the hardware than 3ds games. The 3DS isn't emulating the DS. You can test this yourself by trying to press the home button while in a DS/DSi game. It won't show you the home menu, but rather something saying that it will exit the game without saving. If it was emulating the DS, then it would show the home menu because the DS games would be running software wise.
There is a real software emulator of ds for 3ds and it runs terribly with very bad compatibility. I know it supports your point and its not what you meant but I just mention it...

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I can see it in your smile