Hacking What can a hacked Switch potentially do?

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, it uses a modified 3DS kernel
maybe we can mod it back to the 3ds os and connect 2 switches together, and make the switch ds, switch dual screen, sds, 3ds 2, something XD, doubtful we could get it to boot up 3ds titles

Reactions: DarthDub

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
aside from the usual homebrews, playing backups
playing GC/wii/ wii u games natively?
playing PSX/PS2 games? (how strong it is, really?)

I know switch won't be hacked anytime soon, but I am just wondering the potentials
What can u do with a hacked switch???!!

ISO Loader of course tc, pirate as hell as u can, and play all games u want for FREE!

THat's it!

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What can u do with a hacked switch???!!

ISO Loader of course tc, pirate as hell as u can, and play all games u want for FREE!

THat's it!
But we mean outside of piracy. Would be nice for some sweet homebrew games and ROM Hacks. Especially on the Switch that you can play everywhere, and continue when playing it on TV.
Emulators, RetroArch with RetroAchievements support, etc.
We can finally record our gameplay soon, but I guess no feature to stream to YouTube/Twitch, knowing Nintendo >.>? Then NTR Viewer for Switch might be a solution.

Reactions: Deleted User

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But we mean outside of piracy. Would be nice for some sweet homebrew games and ROM Hacks. Especially on the Switch that you can play everywhere, and continue when playing it on TV.
Emulators, RetroArch with RetroAchievements support, etc.
We can finally record our gameplay soon, but I guess no feature to stream to YouTube/Twitch, knowing Nintendo >.>? Then NTR Viewer for Switch might be a solution.
So playing emulator retro games does mean to piracy? Then where do those roms come from?

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Possibly a full on media centre (Kodi) or alternative, emulators, raicast, ppsspp, snes9x etc... Mupen64 and dolphin to play the Wii and GC games, possibly retro arch, and few other Emu's also Maybe play emu for PS2 emulation as it supports arm etc...
A full file manager so we can transfer files. Or FTP files and your homebrew apps and games etc... Maybe also a homebrew store like on the Wii

Also on another note I'm certain the switch has true potential all we would need to do is port over vulkan drivers and a few additional features. But I'm sure Nintendo worked alongside Nvidea to create an alternative to vulkan that's why it is able to pull off full console graphics at a pretty good FPS Mario Kart 1080p 60fps without a problem and that game is beautiful I'm certain the switch probably will get a Wii U VC in the future from Nintendo as they love VC even the Wii, Wii U got VC and Wii U got Wii Mode so I'm sure in the future the switch will get some of those features as well (Wii U isn't extremely powerful and already PC has emulators in the works so the future is pretty bright)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited by danny19901,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One that's hacked?
It could take over the world!
QOBmpdy.jpg

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
All I want it to do is save extract/injecting, cheats since it's fun to mess with things and old games. Switch has the potential to be an amazing portable emulator. Especially if it could emulate PSX and Gamecube.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm certain the switch probably will get a Wii U VC in the future from Nintendo as they love VC even the Wii, Wii U got VC and Wii U got Wii Mode so I'm sure in the future the switch will get some of those features as well (Wii U isn't extremely powerful and already PC has emulators in the works so the future is pretty bright)
Lol, no... The Wii U had Wii mode because it had actual hardware to run it. The Switch has Switch hardware and Switch hardware only. You will NEVER see Wii U VC on Switch. Notice how they are remaking all the Wii U games and not simply making them into VC? Gee, I wonder why...

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, no... The Wii U had Wii mode because it had actual hardware to run it. The Switch has Switch hardware and Switch hardware only. You will NEVER see Wii U VC on Switch. Notice how they are remaking all the Wii U games and not simply making them into VC? Gee, I wonder why...
Maybe but with Nintendo actually making the switch I'm sure they have full documentation about the Wii U and very easily make an emu.
Xbox 1 can run 360 games, PS4 has PS2 games.
If switch doesn't get Wii U VC then it will get a method to support it and by Wii U games are getting remade not necessarily so far Mario Kart got a full Upgrade and Zelda has a graphical boost and load time improvements that's 2 out of many games unless I'm missing something?

But thing is with Nintendo they like to surprise people and well I'm sure there planning something big.
Either way theres not many games on the Wii U that intest me as there doesn't seem to be that many games compared to game cube, Wii Etc...

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe but with Nintendo actually making the switch I'm sure they have full documentation about the Wii U and very easily make an emu.
It is not technically feasible, as simple as that.

And actually, the XB1 doesn't really emulate the 360 hardware. That is also not technically possible.
I haven't looked at the tech because it is not public, but for sure they are just reproducing the software layer and libraries, emulating the least possible regarding the CPU (PPC->X86), and binding APIs wine style. Probably even the binaries are recompiled to make them work in XB1.

PS: What I mean is that the X360 "emulation" on XB1 is very HLE, and as every HLE it is game dependent, must be tuned, and you can argue it is not real emulation but more like reprogramming.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If switch doesn't get Wii U VC then it will get a method to support it and by Wii U games are getting remade not necessarily so far Mario Kart got a full Upgrade and Zelda has a graphical boost and load time improvements that's 2 out of many games unless I'm missing something?

But thing is with Nintendo they like to surprise people and well I'm sure there planning something big.
Either way theres not many games on the Wii U that intest me as there doesn't seem to be that many games compared to game cube, Wii Etc...

The problem is the Wii U has a gimmick the Switch can't emulate, the Gamepad. Gamepad integration is forced into most Wii U games even if it's simple things like Mario 3D World requiring the Gamepad for those levels where you're forced to use it regardless of controller setup to touch blocks to make them move.
There's also the power issue. We don't know if the Switch can even emulate the Wii U power-wise.
@MadMageKefka 's point still stands. We would be getting VC rather than these ports. If Wii U VC was possible there would be quite literally no reason for Pokken DX to exist when they could just patch the new characters into the Wii U version and make it a VC title.

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
it's not powerful enough, 99.99% of the time a system is never able to emulate the system that came before it
the Wii can emulate game cube, Wiiu can emulate Wii, DS can emulate GBA, the 3DS can emulate DS... Are you sure about your math?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, spamton g spamton