What are you buying from Nintendo for Christmas ?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Since when does a discussion make a flamewar? I don't see anything at all about my post that's purposely inciting. >.>
I never said your post in particular. Hence why I didn't quote anyone in particular. :rolleyes:

How is this huge off topic back and forth of "Nintendo sucks!" "Nintendo is the best!" NOT a flame war?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said your post in particular. Hence why I didn't quote anyone in particular. :rolleyes:

How is this huge off topic back and forth of "Nintendo sucks!" "Nintendo is the best!" NOT a flame war?

I don't see anything about that... I encourage you to look again. How is this any less off topic by the way? Please reconsider what off-topic is, and what a flame war is. If a little discursive debate is all that makes a flame war, then the internet would be no more than a pile of ash. Now, if you're not going to discuss the Nintendo products you might, or might not receive for Christmas, what are you doing here with that handheld fan?

Personally, I have my eye on a Wii U for myself. That, and Windwaker HD. :D

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As for Windwaker being the worst, Guild? You obviously haven't played Zelda II. That one was full of terrible executions, frustrating mechanics, and a deviation from the traditional formula.

This is one of the dumbest things to say in terms of Zelda 2. You can't say it strayed away from traditional Zelda when there was only ONE Zelda game before it.

And honestly, Zelda 2 isn't that bad. It's buttfucking with a sandpaper condom hard yeah, but it's still a pretty good game.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is one of the dumbest things to say in terms of Zelda 2. You can't say it strayed away from traditional Zelda when there was only ONE Zelda game before it.

And honestly, Zelda 2 isn't that bad. It's buttfucking with a sandpaper condom hard yeah, but it's still a pretty good game.

I can say that because it was so radically different than the first. It's part of the reason they went back to the other formula.

Did I say it was a bad game, or a bad Zelda title? The two are not mutually inclusive.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can say that because it was so radically different than the first. It's part of the reason they went back to the other formula.

Did I say it was a bad game, or a bad Zelda title? The two are not mutually inclusive.

They didn't really go back to the original format. The original just placed players into the world. No map. No idea where to go. A Link to the Past told players where to go, Ocarina of time and forward went third person and not top down. A Link Between Worlds is more like ALttP.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They didn't really go back to the original format. The original just placed players into the world. No map. No idea where to go. A Link to the Past told players where to go, Ocarina of time and forward went third person and not top down. A Link Between Worlds is more like ALttP.

Exploration is what I mean. Sure, they told you where to go, but the old format is free exploration.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I picked up Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Kirby Super Star Ultra (this is the third time I bought this game, lol) from GameStop. I then proceeded to buy Super Mario World (GBA), Yoshi's Island (GBA), and F-Zero: GP Legend off Amazon. All these games go with the DSLite I got my brother for Christmas.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
technically it came packaged with a map and some idea of what to do:P actually found some pics of the original map

edit: on topic; Pokemon Y,Mario 3d World
zeldamap2.jpg

zeldamap1.jpg

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As previously expected, I ended up getting the 3DS XL Limited Edition Zelda bundle for my girlfriend, she gave me her Cosmo Black 3DS with a Circlepad Pro in return. In terms of games, she bought me Pokemon Y and Dark Souls and I got her Beyond: Two Souls. For both of us, I bought The Walking Dead: Season 2 Episode 1. For registering the XL system I unexpectedly received a Super Mario 3D Land code which I immediately traded for a Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate code since both she and I love playing that game on Multi. Overall, a very fruitful gaming Christmas. :yay:

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on...