Well this certainly sucks.

Bake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So yeah. Basically my mom forbid me to play any form of video game. She says that's all I do and that I should get a hobby. She might be right but still... It's not like I play games all day. I wouldn't mind but I don't do it. I have freaking school to attend to. I had a talk with her just now and I'm pretty sure she won't EVER let me play games anymore. She entered her maniac mode and was looking at me with those huge eyes of hers. It was scary. Anyway I wish to write this.

She already forbid me to play games earlier only in a worse way. It happened last year on January just as 2nd half-year (semester?) started. She wasn't glad with my grades so she put a password on my PC. I was without a PC for 6 months. She removed it in June when summer vacation started. I was really happy. But that soon came to an end. She said I can play for only 2 hours. So I did. But I'm not gonna lie to you. When she was at work I played all the time till she came. Then suddenly we had a small fight about something (not about video games) then when I went to my PC it was turned off. "What a crazy woman" - I thought. I turned it on when suddenly... PASSWORD! She said: "You're allowed to play for only 2 hours. When I'm at work you are probably playing games. What else would you be doing ?!" It really hit me that day. My mom was pissed. There was a lot of yelling in the house. But thankfully she removed it 4 months later a week after my birthday. Nice gift mom. Anyway it went well till about a week ago. AGAIN she jumped to conclusion that all I do is when I sit on my PC I play games. She doesn't even know I do other stuff. Now today I had a talk with her. Well it wasn't really talk it was more like "I fight for my rights woman" talk. Yeah it sounds lame and it probably was but... yeah. Our conversation went so far off that she thinks my whole life is a mistake. She was punishing herself cause she thought it's because of her my life is screwed. (It's not, that's what the psycho bitch thinks) She was like: "I should have given you more chores to do around the house. You had too much freedom." I'm not gonna comment on this, I want you to do it. We really talked about many crap which I'm not going to write cause it would only take the precious space, my time, your time, and time in general. Oh, and it's completely unrelated to any of this but she had to say it anyway.

It's true I don't have a hobby or anything that interests me. Now don't get the wrong picture. I'm not some fat MMO player who has no social life and plans to live with his parents. I have friends, I go out with them, I study for school. My final grade is B, nothing impressive, not to bad I guess.
Now I only wait till I go to college so I can get out from this place I call hometown. I hope my parents pay for my college.
unsure.gif

Also, I was typing this for like 30mins cause I didn't want you guys to get the wrong idea. I know there are many here who'll probably say something like: "Grow up kiddo, find a hobby and leave childish things behind you". Just think how it feels when you are not allowed to do something that makes you happy. I know I sound like an addict, but please, think about it.

MrScib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh my gosh, i feel sorry for you.
I also had the same problem, but i could solve it by showing my mom my "mad computer skillz", that really impressed her.
Now i can play as much as is want(no, my marks arent F's) and still can learn for school.
I also have informatics in school and my mark is something between A or A+ (In germany its 14 points, 15 is like an A+).
But if you want to get your "rights" back try to impress her.
But i dont understand why she is mad, although your final mark is a B, i mean its good.
Maybe you have to try to show her what you do for school and try to talk about that school-pc thing.

Greetz from germany

btw: how old are you?
im 16,maybe theres a difference.

Duero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
I work mostly but when I can I play games like hell games and anime is my hobby sure I do work I hang with my only friend. and I have no gf cuz Swedish girls are Selfish bitches.

But anyway this is just me but if I ware you I would tell my mom if she will not listen to me or let me do things I like I lave the damn house and never come back. And yes I did that one time told my mom Im leaving and lived at a friends place for 2 weeks when I was like 15 years old and it worked.

not to be mean or so but many parents not all but allot of the seams to be stupid or as some ppls would say over protective but I say stupid and they never wanna listen and they want you to listen to them but I say if I gonna listen to what they say they should also listen to what I say right ?? Man glad I live all alone no one telling me what I shall do or not do.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Tell her that when she is older and has nobody to depend on, that once SHE gets a real hobby (no knitting (I KNOW ITS A GAME FOR YOU GRANNYS)) you will not send her to a retirement home.

Bake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
MrScib said:
Oh my gosh, i feel sorry for you.
I also had the same problem, but i could solve it by showing my mom my "mad computer skillz", that really impressed her.
Now i can play as much as is want(no, my marks arent F's) and still can learn for school.
I also have informatics in school and my mark is something between A or A+ (In germany its 14 points, 15 is like an A+).
But if you want to get your "rights" back try to impress her.
But i dont understand why she is mad, although your final mark is a B, i mean its good.
Maybe you have to try to show her what you do for school and try to talk about that school-pc thing.

Greetz from germany

btw: how old are you?
im 16,maybe theres a difference.

I'm 17. 2 years from college.

Duero said:
I work mostly but when I can I play games like hell games and anime is my hobby sure I do work I hang with my only friend. and I have no gf cuz Swedish girls are Selfish bitches.

But anyway this is just me but if I ware you I would tell my mom if she will not listen to me or let me do things I like I lave the damn house and never come back. And yes I did that one time told my mom Im leaving and lived at a friends place for 2 weeks when I was like 15 years old and it worked.

not to be mean or so but many parents not all but allot of the seams to be stupid or as some ppls would say over protective but I say stupid and they never wanna listen and they want you to listen to them but I say if I gonna listen to what they say they should also listen to what I say right ?? Man glad I live all alone no one telling me what I shall do or not do.

I'm kinda afraid that I won't be able to find a decent job and I'll end up living with my parents for the rest of my life. That's something I wish to avoid at all cost. If it happens...

Thoob said:
QUOTE(ortomedius @ May 12 2010, 04:57 PM)
So yeah. Basically my mom forbid me to play any form of video game. She says that's all I do and that I should get a hobby. She might be right but still...
rolleyes.gif

Irony, huh?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ortomedius said:
So yeah. Basically my mom forbid me to play any form of video game. She says that's all I do and that I should get a hobby.

Because video gaming isn't a hobby?

My parents (or should I say parent, my dad doesn't live in the house any more) doesn't really care how much I play video games, provided it doesn't affect my school work. I really just use video games to cool down and as a source of relief. If you don't have any way to blow off steam, you're destined to be doomed.

mcp2

Trophies
XP
Country
You admitted to playing on the computer all day until your mum came home and now you're angry that she thinks that? Mate just go outside, or study or talk to people on facebook or something. Play a sport!

hunnymonster

Trophies
XP
Country
As a kid, I was told by my parents "act like a 5 year old and we'll treat you like one".

Suggest you grow up a bit sunshine - the world owes you nothing, your parents owe you nothing - you owe both.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Grow up kiddo, find a hobby and leave childish things behind you
Hmmm...

hunnymonster said:
As a kid, I was told by my parents "act like a 5 year old and we'll treat you like one".

Suggest you grow up a bit sunshine - the world owes you nothing, your parents owe you nothing - you owe both.
True, true, true... how true can it get?

I suggest you get a hobby, seriously. Or explain her that it's okay for you to game a lot because your grades get higher. Something like that...

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised no one has mentioned how easy it is to crack passwords on windows (assuming that's what you're running).

Bake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Magmorph said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned how easy it is to crack passwords on windows (assuming that's what you're running).

Yeah, but it wouldn't bring me any good. She would still SEE that I'm on my PC and the feeling is just not the same when I'm actually forbidden to do it.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thoob said:
ortomedius said:
So yeah. Basically my mom forbid me to play any form of video game. She says that's all I do and that I should get a hobby. She might be right but still...
rolleyes.gif
Looks like everyone else picked up on what I was going to mention. That's what happens when I open a thread late.
rolleyes.gif

I hate it when people generalise and how using a computer means you must be playing a game and never doing anything useful. Whenever my mother mentions the computer, she always says I'm playing, despite the fact I don't play games as much as I used to, and I'm often on here now (although I still play games now and then).

Just mention that one day you'll be the one that'll be choosing her nursing home.
lecture.gif

strawhat-san

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
if you ever want to play a game tell her your coming over to my house for some bullshit reason and play games here

or if you find a "hobby" tell me about it i'll go with you
just hang in there okay kiddo
now that sounds weird kiddo
im gonna use bub instead

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm assuming this is so you can get your password back.

1. Set the pc to boot from disc
2. Burn a copy Ophcrack on another pc
3. Boot up with disc in the pc
4. Set your own password and if you have to, delete her account

remember, no malicious, illegal purposes, etc

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
A few years ago, I got those fights with my parents too. They said I played too much games that my social life will get fucked. I didn't played that much, hang out with my friends but still. Now i just play video games as yeah, a hobby. It can be a hobby. I play one or two hours and somedays none. I've seen that my social life is importanter, and more fun.
I assume that you spend your day going to school and do video games. Spending one day playing video games isn't that bad. But not the whole week. I think your mom is scared that you waste your social life. Or maybe that you don't want to see it yourself.
Either way, I hope things will get better.

Edit:

I saw a topic that you started, and you stated that a friend told you that you were addicted. Well, I guess you are then even if your friends say it.. That's serious..

Bake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Sanderino said:
A few years ago, I got those fights with my parents too. They said I played too much games that my social life will get fucked. I didn't played that much, hang out with my friends but still. Now i just play video games as yeah, a hobby. It can be a hobby. I play one or two hours and somedays none. I've seen that my social life is importanter, and more fun.
I assume that you spend your day going to school and do video games. Spending one day playing video games isn't that bad. But not the whole week. I think your mom is scared that you waste your social life. Or maybe that you don't want to see it yourself.
Either way, I hope things will get better.

Edit:

I saw a topic that you started, and you stated that a friend told you that you were addicted. Well, I guess you are then even if your friends say it.. That's serious..

Yeah, I thought someone would notice it. But really my friends doesn't really know how much I play, he only knows what I tell him. I told him that when it was summer I played FFX from 7am to 3pm. That's cause he thought I was addicted. I mean, I played it that long cause when my parents get from work they wanna watch TV not me playing games. So I just used the time.

EDIT: Also, that happened like 5 years ago. Maybe even more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hi