Should parents have the right to track their children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
As a "Child" myself, I would automatically disagree if I wasn't anymore mature, but after thinking about it for a un-reasonable amount of time I think its a great idea for kids under 18 to be monitored/tracked from or by at least one device. Hypothetically what if your child runs off one day after getting pissed at you or gets kidnapped by a pedo, you're scared to death, until you realize they took a device that has some sort of internet access or IP address attached? That device could literally save their life. Although, I believe until the child is of age to drink alcohol and things they shouldn't have a choice of the matter, or maybe not even know until 18, THEN you can have the long ass talk we all hate with them. They might hate you but wont it be worth it?

Ah shit does this mean ill be a over protective parent
WOW, such delecate words far too sophisticated.
I reaaly (but might be wrong about it) have doubts about your age.
You use words i can't place with a child, yet some kids do amaze me.

• A kid thinking of possibility of being kidnapped, that sounds odd to me.
  • The distance in your words towards other childeren.
  • Speaking highly towards other adults.
I don't think you're honest.

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Welcome to "1984". Its really saddening and to see mostly US people being so posessive about their children as if they can't make any own decisions or act on themselves. That's like slavery. That is why I was so angry and disgusted with you "lot" earlier. But well, your words speak for themselves. I'm glad that some europerans are getting counter views even though I am often fed up with european governments I see that the people aren't that brainwashed in this.
Post automatically merged:

• Speaking of hight towards other adults.
i don't think you're honest.
He's 15 years old....not really a small child lol. But to US people that's being a "kid".

Reactions: Ligeia

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't trust kids, they can be devils. Kids have other priorities nowadays like tictoc, instagram, smoking weed and whatever expensive hobby. I'd say all kids should be strapped with ankle bracelets equiped with gps trackers

Myst3ry_MAN-08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

• Speaking highly towards other adults.
I don't think you're honest.

He's 15 years old....not really a small child lol. But to US people that's being a "kid".
I AM 15 GOING ON 16 YEARS OLD KIND SIR, I READ A LOT OF BOOKS AND KNOW MANY MANY LARGE WORDS
WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO SPEAK AS A 11 YEAR OLD LIKE THIS
Or like a sophisticated human being like this?

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I think parents should track their kids until they're teenagers or something. Teens should have more freedom.

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
NO ONLY SHOULD, MUST, their are the responsible of the kids wellbeing and security.
We're only talking about monitoring devices.
But you know what? NO!
There should be a basic trust between the parent and the kid or legal guardian. They should agree on specific places/locations that are safe and be told about where they go. That's how it was with me. Besides unlike what you might think because of how rebelious I became in my adulthood...I was actually quite a careful kid. And other kids made fun of me or missed that I didn't roam free like they did etc. In a way I was too restricted and it gave me anxiety over time. But look now, now that's the normal state of things. I lived in environment where kids roamed more or less free at the time. You can't take away those experiences. Look why do you think Luke94 is the way he is? He was too restricted as a kid and is still basically like a slave to his family. He has no real experiences. That's what this world will be like...full of test tube kids. You want that? You want them to be stilted in developement like luke did and have delayed puberty onset and everything else?
OK GO LIVE IN THIS UTOPIA THEN. YOU'RE WELCOME.

You're all making an enormous mistake by allowing stuff like that to be pushed through.

Reactions: Myst3ry_MAN-08

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
We're only talking about monitoring devices.
But you know what? NO!
There should be a basic trust between the parent and the kid or legal guardian. They should agree on specific places/locations that are safe and be told about where they go. That's how it was with me. Besides unlike what you might think because of how rebelious I became in my adulthood...I was actually quite a careful kid. And other kids made fun of me or missed that I didn't roam free like they did etc. In a way I was too restricted and it gave me anxiety over time. But look now, now that's the normal state of things. I lived in environment where kids roamed more or less free at the time. You can't take away those experiences. Look why do you think Luke94 is the way he is? He was too restricted as a kid and is still basically like a slave to his family. He has no real experiences. That's what this world will be like...full of test tube kids. You want that? You want them to be stilted in developement like luke did and have delayed puberty onset and everything else?
OK GO LIVE IN THIS UTOPIA THEN. YOU'RE WELCOME.

You're all making an enormous mistake by allowing stuff like that to be pushed through.
Nop, thrust is not deseved is gain, and that snow flake culture of treat kids like adults is ruining or society, the kids are KIDS.
Post automatically merged:

In my time our parents had the most accurate monitoring devices: a community, you can not go anywhere without a member of the family and extended family even a friend of your family will put an eye on you. That's why woke want you to no have a community to growth a real family.

Last edited by impeeza,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are responsible for what your kids do, like if he/she breaks a window, parents have to pay for it. So in that since, if I'm responsible for what my kid does, I'm gonna be monitoring what my kid does, till they turn 18 and move out. Both my kids were raised this way, they turned out fine, and they have they're own kids now, following the same morals I taught them.

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Most of you just follow what the media tells them and believe it. Whether negative or positive. No wonder "AI" is scary to you.
Those machine learners don't really have self-awareness. But so don't many humans these days. Because they repress it.
You have it all wrong. You are going to raise a nation of Luke94s with all this monitoring. Literal manchildren. Very long ago, before your time, kids in places could speak like lawyers and were very well educated. You might think that can't be true, but it is. Its the opposite of what you're saying.
And I will fight all of you if necessary. You aren't doing this. Not over my dead body!
You treat everyone and everything as posessions. This will come to bite you eventually. I am done.

And yes some of you are cowards that are scared you will be responsible for what kids will do/may cause. So just because something may happen you prevent it? Is that your non-logic? That gives no freedom and makes kids live in fear. They should learn responsibilities.
And trust is both "deserved and gained" in my world. That's the thing. If there's no trust, then you are also doing something wrong. Perhaps you shouldn't give states the power to completely raise your children? You absolute fools.
I could read since I was at least 3 years old reportedly and the bits of memory that remained show that it was true. I didn't learn it from school. I wanted to learn it. But no, the majority will have schools learn their children, sometimes badly and skewedly. And question no authority, even if they are 100 percent wrong. You're cucks.

All this technology will lead to more repression and more manchildren happening out of it.
There needs to be more emancipation instead.
I have to admit there is a point to that community may help to raise the child. Fine, do that. But don't do this "tracking" BS. That's just wrong and I'm gonna take out all of you if you're going to push it.

edit:
humans as a whole have so much untapped potential that is blocked by their society and environment. And some of those ideas you are displaying in this very thread are very psychopathic if I may say so, by definition.

You want to do to your children something worse than you have been done to, out of you being cowards and not showing a backbone or not having time or care to really care for your children. Shame on you. On all of you who have said such things!

You are on your way to destruction just like that prophetic guy said. You have done this to yourself. But count me out. I didn't sheepishly accept all these things and changes. And yes some bad changes happening during/after industrial revolution already, then were finally starting to walk back. But what do I see now? Your generation is ruining things again and making a world wide surveilance where everyone is watched. Bravo. Instead of inciting people to learn you put them into restraining jackets...

Last edited by LeoTCK,

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think parents should have the right to track their children, but only under certain conditions. For example, if the child is very young, has a medical condition, or is in a dangerous situation, then tracking them could be justified. However, if the child is older, responsible, and trustworthy, then tracking them could be seen as an invasion of privacy and a sign of distrust. Parents should respect their children's autonomy and independence, and communicate with them openly and honestly. Tracking them without their consent or knowledge could damage their relationship and cause resentment.
Probably the take I agree with the most.

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I guess I'm afraid that as for jurisdiction in my own country they could send me to old people's center because I might be menthally handicaped by quoting and reinterpreting words of my own mom(I don't aim at all and I don't aim too high for my future professional career in life)because what I should focus selling in grocery and industrial shop replacing my dad in the future? Is this of what I really should focus on? Comparing me giving me warnings that I might look like homeless alcoholic? It really wouldn't be profitable to me. Getting fascinated with hoaxes,conspiracy theories(both my mom and dad seems to be too dumb to understand it too stubborn too ignorant),myths,urban legends about both international military and government are more interesting because this is how reality real-life really works not to do what corporate accountants,economy experts,professionals keep doing just only paying for for instance nowadays taxes,invoices,bills,receipts,insurrances...etc. I would probably send all megalomaniac,too greedy,too secretive mainstream media journalists,astronomers,scientists,psychiatrists(they are never gonna be professionals,experts more like dumber pseudoscientists even more dumber jerks than so-called tinfoil people) for instance nowadays to MK Ultra,White Room Tortures-like humans experiments because such people are causing digital too high stress sometimes. Believing in Aliens UFOs' counting as science-fiction. Always usually too much criticizing.

Tuhr

Doctor Spaceballs
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a mixed bag, comes in handy if a child is abducted or is lost. Still, it's not like children should be treated like objects that are owned to LoJack like a car. But, it's not like I can do anything about parents treating their children like property and it's a common practice.

Reactions: LeoTCK

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
It's a mixed bag, comes in handy if a child is abducted or is lost. Still, it's not like children should be treated like objects that are owned to LoJack like a car. But, it's not like I can do anything about parents treating their children like property and it's a common practice.
yea I agree, that's what I take issue with. Actually it should apply to any living being, I don't like when dogs are treated entirely like objects either. But that's even more less likely to get any support, which is why I can't believe they take such a stance towards their own children as well.

Reactions: Tuhr

Mudb0y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've been thinking about this from various perspectives while reading through this thread and, as with every issue like this that I seem to think about, I think that there's a middle ground.
Initially my response was 'hell nah' but I think it all depends on your situation, the situation your kid is in, their age, what they're doing, ETC ETC.
Personally I've had no trackers or anything installed on me while growing up, for obvious reasons, and I turned out fine. The key is to have an open relationship with your parents. I don't agree with everything my parents did, but me and my mum especially have had a great relationship telling our selves everything. When I was a kid spending time online, and I found any content that I thought perhaps I shouldn't look at because it scared me, I would go to my mum and ask her to evaluate the content. That's something that many kids that I grew up with would never do as an example because they've had hella restricted access to tech so any sign they even have a hidden phone and it's taken away, on top of being grounded.
I still remember when at the age of 13 I convinced my cousin to buy a PSP, and he hid it from his parents because we thought he'd start heavily restricting his usage and we really wanted to play some GTA VCS together haha.
He ended up finding out, and I'll admit sounded a bit heart broken that my cousin didn't trust him as much as he wished. I think they loosened up a bit after that.
My point is, if you and your kids have implicit trust between each other, I don't think any tracking is necessary, especially social media monitoring, I think that should be left alone and your kid should come to you should they face any issues like I've done. If it comes to monitoring, if I did move around more and my parents suggested that, I would've probably agreed, I'm blind and this would've definitely put me at ease more especially if I knew that whatever they were using was secure.

Reactions: LeoTCK

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I've been thinking about this from various perspectives while reading through this thread and, as with every issue like this that I seem to think about, I think that there's a middle ground.
Initially my response was 'hell nah' but I think it all depends on your situation, the situation your kid is in, their age, what they're doing, ETC ETC.
Personally I've had no trackers or anything installed on me while growing up, for obvious reasons, and I turned out fine. The key is to have an open relationship with your parents. I don't agree with everything my parents did, but me and my mum especially have had a great relationship telling our selves everything. When I was a kid spending time online, and I found any content that I thought perhaps I shouldn't look at because it scared me, I would go to my mum and ask her to evaluate the content. That's something that many kids that I grew up with would never do as an example because they've had hella restricted access to tech so any sign they even have a hidden phone and it's taken away, on top of being grounded.
I still remember when at the age of 13 I convinced my cousin to buy a PSP, and he hid it from his parents because we thought he'd start heavily restricting his usage and we really wanted to play some GTA VCS together haha.
He ended up finding out, and I'll admit sounded a bit heart broken that my cousin didn't trust him as much as he wished. I think they loosened up a bit after that.
My point is, if you and your kids have implicit trust between each other, I don't think any tracking is necessary, especially social media monitoring, I think that should be left alone and your kid should come to you should they face any issues like I've done. If it comes to monitoring, if I did move around more and my parents suggested that, I would've probably agreed, I'm blind and this would've definitely put me at ease more especially if I knew that whatever they were using was secure.
I wholeheartedly agree with this.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't trust technology and companies in this regard, also I don't trust users to use the technology appropriately. This kind of "tracking" is too vulnerable, exploitable and it leads to very valid privacy/security concerns, with data potentially escaping the parents domain. I don't think it is a good idea. I would say, in the other hand, it is a very valid and understandable argument that parents should know where their kids are, parents should care to know about this, and kids should care to let them know about this, but this is a matter of trust and education not a matter of companies foreign to the family trying to insert their product where it does not belong.

Reactions: Mudb0y and LeoTCK

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Chances of me getting to travel to for instance this year to at least Germany(in case of Disneyland it got lower budget,possibly no people in costumes and being splitted into multiple parts),Neatherlands,Czech Republic(one year ago she was rushing me up little bit too much) might be highly unlikely because I argued with my own mom little bit(I guess it might sound like leaving my Home Alone). That would be unfair even if she might consider to travel to France without me my own biological younger brother. Giving me ultimatums of this and that.
Well I guess I would be little bit worried if I would consider using Taxi to get to Disneyland Paris myself alone. But maybe at least trying to not get stressed out too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol