Should parents have the right to track their children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I don't trust technology and companies in this regard, also I don't trust users to use the technology appropriately. This kind of "tracking" is too vulnerable, exploitable and it leads to very valid privacy/security concerns, with data potentially escaping the parents domain. I don't think it is a good idea. I would say, in the other hand, it is a very valid and understandable argument that parents should know where their kids are, parents should care to know about this, and kids should care to let them know about this, but this is a matter of trust and education not a matter of companies foreign to the family trying to insert their product where it does not belong.
True, one of the points I also wanted to make before being flamed.

You know how those IP cameras are easily hijackable. I also hijacked a few in the past, I have to admit. Like back around 2010 when that trend was starting. Some people just left them completely unprotected/unpassworded. I messed/played with cameras outside of hospitals and such places, just zooming at some parking place/other buildings and turning the cameras around. Didn't really invade anyone's privacy though I just wanted to test what was possible.

This might fall into similar trappings.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It wasn’t comfortable to me to answer the call from my parents. Even my mom showed up once at post office to the point that I had jumpscare.
When I was trying to go to the police for fake envelope signature both my mom and dad were keep chasing me my mom by reinterpreting her own words thought that police officers might call psychiatrists something something of them making me motionless like vegetable or ragdoll even.
If I would be born in USA my mom would be death threatening me for possibly allegedly being too interested about politicians like John Kennedy.

Last edited by Luke94,

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Would anyone of you gathered here listen to parents even if you could find out that they might have for instance ADHD,NPD,Asperger’s Syndrome,OCD even nowadays…etc. Autism Spectrum even.
How many times did I say that already? Did I say it already or not?

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
no
But yea it all depends on the situation, of course if a parent had a combination of all you listed....RUN FOR YOUR LIVEZ!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think young kids should be informed in the simplest terms and be able to agree to being tracked. I think most kids will understand that their parents are trying to keep them safe, while giving them some independence, but there are risks to that independence. Tracking your kids without informed consent sounds like a means of creating paranoia and distrust. Honestly, I think it’s worth practicing informed consent to help build greater understanding and trust

Reactions: Mudb0y and LeoTCK

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Oh okay whatever that means.
You say that while you expect everybody to understand your nonsense most of the time. How can you not understand what I wrote in the context? Jesus Christ...what the fuck.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Should parents have the right to track their children?

Yes.Of course.
Children these days only do nonsense, so you should at least know WHERE they do the nonsense.😉

But,seriously - Yes.
Not to "control" their Lives,but in these Days....it´s sometimes very good to know,where our "Sunshines" spend their Time.😉

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If I would be born in USA and be little bit interested for instance too much about such politicians as John Kennedy I would be probably death threatened speaking of what if scenario if I would be still living with my own biological mom.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone of you gathered here listen to parents even if you could find out that they might have for instance ADHD,NPD,Asperger’s Syndrome,OCD even nowadays…etc. Autism Spectrum even.
How many times did I say that already? Did I say it already or not?
My dad was diagnosed with having Asperger's as a child. He managed to figure out that he had certain things that had to be done every day at a specific time, had routines that had to be done daily, and couldn't understand how his talking was incorrect if he didn't pay attention.

Would I listen to him? I'm 38. How the hell do you think I got to this age? Listening to my father. I wasn't an intelligent child and because of him and my mother, I smartened up so I could pass school and continue in my life. So yes, I would listen to them. Still do.

What I'm saying is that you cannot use a disorder as a method of non-listening. You get used to their disorder and how it affects them. You understand that in order for this to be effective, you have to help them so you can understand their request.

Its like me saying the following to you:

"You type like you have ADHD. I'm going to block you now because of that. Bye."

Not cool, dude. Not cool.

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My dad was diagnosed with having Asperger's as a child. He managed to figure out that he had certain things that had to be done every day at a specific time, had routines that had to be done daily, and couldn't understand how his talking was incorrect if he didn't pay attention.

Would I listen to him? I'm 38. How the hell do you think I got to this age? Listening to my father. I wasn't an intelligent child and because of him and my mother, I smartened up so I could pass school and continue in my life. So yes, I would listen to them. Still do.

What I'm saying is that you cannot use a disorder as a method of non-listening. You get used to their disorder and how it affects them. You understand that in order for this to be effective, you have to help them so you can understand their request.

For instance in Time Travel Institute Forum,Paranormalis Forum,Sonic Fan Games HQ Forum,UnrealSP.org,UT99.org,Jazz2Online Forum,Unreal Engine Forum,Sonic Retro Forum,Beta Archive Forum,Old Unreal Forum,Reset Era Forum,Doom World Forum,Beyond Unreal Forum it seems that both moderators and administrators didn’t want to listen to me I was even banned in Sonic Retro Steam Community,Looney Tunes Subreddit,Fortnite Battle Royale Subreddit.

Last edited by Luke94,

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For instance in Time Travel Institute Forum,Paranormalis Forum,Sonic Fan Games HQ Forum,UnrealSP.org,UT99.org,Jazz2Online Forum,Unreal Engine Forum,Sonic Retro Forum,Beta Archive Forum,Old Unreal Forum it seems that both moderators and administrators didn’t want to listen to me I was even banned in Sonic Retro Steam Community,Looney Tunes Subreddit,Fortnite Battle Royale Subreddit.
I have no problem listening to you, honestly. I just didn't agree with that statement you made and decided to share why I don't agree with it. Using someones disorder against them isn't fair and isn't nice. Likewise, some forums (maybe even here) may consider what you've stated as being against the rules which is valid reason to ban you.

Legit, I was just trying to help you see it from a different perspective and hoped that would help you chill out and not say things that would get you banned. I apologize if you found it offensive.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If my parents could have tracked me Waaay back when, o m g. They would have then found out about me and my best best best friend. Worse, if they even came to where we were, they would have seen something they wouldn't have wanted to. :blush:

Figure out my answer to the main question. :mellow:

Reactions: Mudb0y and LeoTCK

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have no problem listening to you, honestly. I just didn't agree with that statement you made and decided to share why I don't agree with it. Using someones disorder against them isn't fair and isn't nice. Likewise, some forums (maybe even here) may consider what you've stated as being against the rules which is valid reason to ban you.

Legit, I was just trying to help you see it from a different perspective and hoped that would help you chill out and not say things that would get you banned. I apologize if you found it offensive.
Well it wasn't offensive,but I guess that both moderators and administrators might be offended who knows maybe because of me.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well a downside is a kid could just switch their clothes and leave it at a location where they told their parents they were going then they take off and do something maybe unsafe meanwhile parents think their child is safe and sound at the location they said they were gonna be at. I guess the kid having a phone they’d have to leave that behind or find someway to trick their phone’s location too so matches where the AirTag tracker was left at.

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I heard that my mom is still angry at my grandma who she is still living in Germany because she was listening to my own great-grandma paranormal stories(unfortunately I did that too)so my mom didn’t just only had to normally was going to school,but she had to treat her own siblings(my own family relatives)her brothers and sister(my uncles and aunt)she was treating them and caring about them like their own biological mother(mom).

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Yeah when I mentioned english philology my mom was so glad that I asked by reinterpreting her own words,but I also thought that maybe I shouldn’t mention it. Maybe it’s not just only to understand more properly foreign languages in for instance books,but also to speak in even more complex english language nowadays…etc.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In a word... No? Were you tracked? How would you have felt if told you were being so or possibly worse... Not knowing and then being sprung? How about the times you were purposely hiding from your parents just to stay out a little bit later? Kids still deserve some freedom.

Honestly, times have been have pretty fucked up for thousands of years before we got here and will continue to be so after we're gone probably... How does tracking all kids solve that? And what happens when said tag inevitably get hacked?? Yeah, peados don't use tech do they?!!

It's a fair question but a dangerous philosophy. Take kids freedom away, then they are already conditioned for having none as adults. I suppose it's the next logical step our fucked up society will take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol