Hacking Waninkoko prepares Firmware Updater 4.2

JustReading

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem with waiting for hackmii is that they are a bunch of anti-piracy children who feel the need to force their views regarding piracy on others. knowing them, they will probably screw around to mess up the IOSes we use for piracy.

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
why does the title say "Yes Finally
smile.gif
"

Like 1 day after the update was released isn't fast enough for ya? :wtf:

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JustReading said:
the problem with waiting for hackmii is that they are a bunch of anti-piracy children who feel the need to force their views regarding piracy on others. knowing them, they will probably screw around to mess up the IOSes we use for piracy.

All the latest released today HackMii does is complain about cioscorp, which you really shouldn't be using anyways....

EDIT: I guess it doesn't like a fake signed IOS 61 either. Still, not a huge deal for continued Homebrew. I don't get this "4.2 goodness" stuff all over the place though, since well... theres nothing good in 4.2:) lol

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey Manaphy4ever,

you said you talk to Waninkoko, does he says something about cIOS rev 15 and does it comes soon ?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Excuse my ignorance but I don't understand why everybody is waiting for this like it was the ultimate thing they needed...
I mean, what does Waninkoko Firmware 4.x updaters do that we could not already do with DOP-IOS & the system menu WAD ? It's always IOS70 downloading/patching and system menu title downloading/installing after all, nothing new...

Even if you don't want to mess with WM, hasn't anybody yet modified one of these app (like Shop Installer) to download/install the system menu as well, instead of waiting for him like releasing the same stuff again & again ?

QUOTE said:

well, if you want to keep your HBC under 4.2, you will have to download their new Installer anyway... there is nothing Waninkoko Updater will do to fix this (unless he choose the dangerous & stupid road of modifying the system menu before installing it)
And yes, HBC won't install if all your IOS have been modified and have a bad signature, same goes if you modify the IOS it is using after the installation: they clearly said there were good reasonx they choose to check this and no, those are not childish anti-pirate reasons, this is to prevent your wii from bricking during the installation of the channel, you know, they use their own exploit/hacks to be able to install stuff on unmodified Wii so they perfectly know what they are doing, better trust them on that one...

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"the new TitleID will work fine. Your retarded hacks didn’t, because HBC’s title ID is hardcoded in multiple places inside the binary"

see....statements like this show true douchebaggery.

ok, duh, the title ID is hardcoded.....but no one here has the source, so the best anyone here could do is exactly what was done...why is that retarted? it worked well enough in the interim.

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently the new 4.2 update fixes the respawn bug in The Conduit so I can't wait for Waninkoko to release the next one. Take your time Waninkoko, there's no rush mate...and thanks for your hard work.
biggrin.gif

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, I'm going to test this here in a bit.
tongue.gif
Does it make a System Menu modification or does it require you to have Hackmii v0.5 installed first?

razuraw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks waninkoko!! this needs to be on the first page with a new title.

p.s waninkoko are u gonna update ur mios as there are a few gamecube games that dont run or has bugs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag