Hacking Waninkoko prepares Firmware Updater 4.2

RGadelha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SO...
Firmware-Updater_4.2.zip, called by Dai-a "This shit updater from Waninkoko isn't even good" isn't good, is it not Waninkoko's, is it causing a lot of problems? Did Waninkoko really did this one? It's not listed in Waninkoko's site, just the 4.1 one, what happening?
At Waninkoko's site, dated 9/6/2009 he's saying "Goodbye Wii" but inside this zip it's 10/1/2009, after the Goodbye.
Man, I'm scared, double scared!
First because Wanin is leaving the scene and last, but not least, the files inside the zip has a date stamp newer than the one in his Goodbye post.
WTF?
QUOTE said:
Dai-a said:
Why would you bring this dead thread back?
Because we need some explanations about that SH*T, that's it.

mgusmao

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i´m semi bricked
i´ve tried to install waninkoko upd 4.2.
downloaded all isos.
in the first to instal, iso70 got error message, ask to reboot, and nothing happened.

do someone can help me?

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You are bricked due to a stub IOS.

If you find the solution for this, please, let me know because there's a friend of mine facing this very same problem.

Thanks,

bootsector

mgusmao said:
i´m semi bricked
i´ve tried to install waninkoko upd 4.2.
downloaded all isos.
in the first to instal, iso70 got error message, ask to reboot, and nothing happened.

do someone can help me?

Luxiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
zektor said:
While still on v4.1U:

1. Run DOP-IOSv8 and download and sig hash patch (trucha) IOS70.

2. Use NUSD and download the following IOSes (latest versions) and pack them into wads (make sure your NUSD has the updated database so that you are downloading correct latest versions):

IOS9 (v778)
IOS12 (v269)
IOS13 (v273)
IOS14 (v520)
IOS15 (v523)
IOS17 (v775)
IOS21 (v782)
IOS22 (v1037)
IOS28 (v1550)
IOS31 (v3349)
IOS33 (v3091)
IOS34 (v3348)
IOS35 (v3349)
IOS36 (v3351)
IOS37 (v3869)
IOS38 (v3867)
IOS53 (v5406)
IOS55 (v5406)
IOS56 (v5405)
IOS57 (v5661)
IOS60 (v6400) (This is a stub, but who knows if Nintendo will check for it to be stubbed in the future. You don't need it in v4.2 anymore anyway, so might as well stub it)
IOS61 (v5405)
Shopping Channel v17 (Latest version is v18)
SystemMenu (make SURE it is for your region. I am USA, so mine is v481)

3. Boot wad manager and install all packed wads you downloaded Do not exit wad manager until they are all installed!

Done!

This will bring you to v4.2 with all of the new updated IOSes, omitting those stubs that break your cIOSes and the crappy boot2 update that overwrites your bootmii. I have tested playing VC from SD and it works fine, all loaders work of course, no upside down HBC, and no issues with "vunerable ios not found" on the hackmii installer. This is because these are pure IOSes without trucha. You do not need trucha on anything but IOS70 (for vc/wiiware sd playing) and your cIOSes handle the rest.

Well Done! All worked here! ATD fails the ES check but anything else works great! Backup's load, Retail's load, GC's load, Fake-signed VC channels and else...
Just to help you guys: Latest Shop Channel version is v18...

Just some notes:
- Yes, this is Waninkoko's update, he said it is in this topic a lot of pages ago...
- To fix a upside-down HBC, check the IOS HBC uses and install it w/o trucha (sig hash check) by using DOP-IOS.

A Special thanks to bootsector who posted right above me. My first Wii mod was done by following your tutorial to NeoGamma R4, from the Ovelha Inflavel Forum ^^ Thanks man! (in case you aren't that same bootsector, ignore this)

Good Luck guys!

Luxiel

dogballs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I updated from 4.0 with this and all ran fine; still have HBC and it reads discs fine. However, when I place NSMB (retail) in - it sill asks for a system update. What did I do wrong?

thanks

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vincent Valentine said:
Just curious, does 4.1 or 4.2 allow Wiiware to be ran through the SD menu? ive noticed that 4.0 doesnt.
Are you on 4.0? If so, do you have your IOS60 TB+ES_diV+NAND? As log as your IOS60 (SM4.1) or IOS70(SM4.2) have been patched with TB+ES_diV+NAND they should work.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
TB+ES_DiV+NAND? ive also heard that doing it through SD can damage the NAND and wear out the wii
unsure.gif

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Hi... I installed cIos38 rev16 and have 4.1E firmware.
When I try to use installer 4.2 by waninkoko it downloads alot of stuff but then it stops at:
[+] Downloading "Shopping Channel", please wait...
>> Downloading content #79... ERRORZ! (ret = -1)

Press any key to reset... And I'm still on 4.1

What do I do?

Elrinth

Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Elrinth said:
When I try to use installer 4.2 by waninkoko it downloads alot of stuff but then it stops at:

What do I do?

I cleared up some more space on my wii. and now it stops at:

[+] Downloading "Wii Speak Channel", please wait...
>> Downloading content #19... ERRORZ! (ret = -1)

EDIT: Cleared up even more.
Have 500 blocks... Works!

Elrinth

Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Elrinth said:
Elrinth said:

What do I do?

I cleared up some more space on my wii. and now it stops at:

[+] Downloading "Wii Speak Channel", please wait...
>> Downloading content #19... ERRORZ! (ret = -1)

EDIT: Cleared up even more.
Have 500 blocks... Works!

after having done the installation channel homebrew channel is gone. usb loader channel is still there tho.. now what?
smile.gif

Twilight Hack does not work any more:
"Then, insert the SD card into your Wii, delete the existing
Zelda savefile using the data mangement screen. Switch to
the SD view, locate the right version of the hack for your
region, and copy it over to your Wii. You must have played
Twilight Princess at least once in order for this to work."
I turned of WiiConnect24 aswell.

"The data may not have been moved." or "The data may not have been copied"

Is what I get when I try to copy over the twilight hack eu to my wii system

BANNERBOMB abd6a_v200.zip worked for me... However hackmii 0.6 was not able to install
I did however use BANNERBOMB abd6a_v200.zip and use wad manager 1.4 (as boot.dol) and copied homebrewchannel.wad into /wad folder in root of my SD and then I restored my homebrew channel.

Seems I had to use gecko to boot the game I wanted to play. it doesn't play via normal disc channel
smile.gif
(FFcrystal bearers)

c0rnholi0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just updated my Wii with Waninkoko's updater and it works fine. I had version 3.3E, softmoded, now i'm on 4.2E. Here are the steps:

1. Update your HBC via network updater (after you launch your HBC) or via HackMii installer
2. Clear up to 1000 free slots on your Wii console (it says that 150 - 200 slots are okay, but i had some errors even with 600 free slots. 1000 did the right thing)
3. After you download the firmware updater, rename the .dol file to "boot.dol", place it in a folder inside the "/apps" folder on your SD card and launch it from your HBC.

Now wait for all the downloads to finish. This depends on your Internet speed. Restart when needed, and wholla, your Wii is updated!
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740